PDA

View Full Version : Etiqutte Question

royalfan5
6/5/2007, 03:54 PM
So I was referred to call a person about job opportunities with a company. What it is the standard etiquette for calling about non-specific job opportunities with a company? Is there any key things I should be aware of doing when I do this? TIA.

Petro-Sooner
6/5/2007, 04:01 PM
Tell them you pee on floors.

In. Like. Flin.

I got nothin.

Mongo
6/5/2007, 04:08 PM
Be kind and respectable just like any interview.

Get a name from the person that referred you to the place that is hiring. Contact him and tell him about the referrence from(assuming here) your friend.

Try and network and use the "good ole boy" system.

King Crimson
6/5/2007, 04:13 PM
see if they have a website with job listings....and a contact number. educate yourself on what they might be after. talk to some anonymous person first before you blast in with someone who will remember you.

OzarkSooner
6/5/2007, 04:53 PM
Just don't say this:

"I don't guess you need anybody to work for ya' do ya'?"

Seriously, King Crimson had some good advice, as did Mongo.

Rogue
6/5/2007, 08:59 PM
Do some homework first and be prepared to be able to talk about what you are able to do for them now. Also be honest if you are looking for a "foot in the door" type job in order to get something specific later.

Maybe start with something like "in respect to your time and schedule is there something I could do to prepare for a brief discussion/appointment with you to explore job opportunities with yer well-payin' outfit?"

sooneron
6/5/2007, 09:03 PM
Lie on your resume. Tell them you have a master's degree. I seem to remember that working for a football coach.

OUinFLA
6/5/2007, 09:05 PM
just tell them you'll work for minimum wage, and you don't need benefits.
Im certain you'll get hired.

royalfan5
6/5/2007, 09:15 PM
Lie on your resume. Tell them you have a master's degree. I seem to remember that working for a football coach.
I already told them it won't be done til August though.

King Crimson
6/5/2007, 10:32 PM
i used to have a George O'Leary troll on this here message board.

"I slept with Madonna and wrote all the songs on the White Album!".

usmc-sooner
6/5/2007, 10:47 PM
your obvious ability to post thousands of threads on your rivals internet message board, should impress them.

just kidding

I like having you around

soonerscuba
6/5/2007, 11:39 PM
Lie on your resume. Tell them you have a master's degree. I seem to remember that working for a dean of admissions at America's best technical institution.

Me, my resume says I'm a doctor and won the Heisman...twice.

picasso
6/5/2007, 11:52 PM
tell them you're a minority and you're gay.

and you work on BMW's.