PDA

View Full Version : The G8 Summit is about to get interesting

JohnnyMack
6/5/2007, 01:22 PM
Bush says democracy in Russia has been "derailed".

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/05/bush.europe/index.html

Putin threatens to aim nuclear weapons at Europe if W places his missle defense system there.

Maybe we can get a good old fashioned Cold War ramped up again! I miss Tom Clancy's good stuff.

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2007, 01:23 PM
my apologies to brj in advance

but i cant wait to hear the left spin on this......

sitzpinkler
6/5/2007, 01:27 PM
my apologies to brj in advance

but i cant wait to hear the left spin on this......

what exactly would the left need to put a spin on?

OklahomaTuba
6/5/2007, 01:27 PM
Obviously it will be to blame Bushilter, for forcing the peace loving USSR to point missle at Europe.

royalfan5
6/5/2007, 01:28 PM
Russia tends to love their authoritarian leaders. Hopefully Putin will just declare himself Czar, and make things real interesting.

OklahomaTuba
6/5/2007, 01:31 PM
At what point does Putin start getting love from the left/hollywood set?

I guess if Chavez is any example, they will wait until the country offically gives him dictatorial powers and he starts "liberating" all the private property.

Only then can the love fest truly begin.

King Crimson
6/5/2007, 01:31 PM
it's on CNN, which means it's already a paraphrase from the disciples of Marx, Clinton or Bakunin.

JohnnyMack
6/5/2007, 01:32 PM
Russia tends to love their authoritarian leaders. Hopefully Putin will just declare himself Czar, and make things real interesting.

That's what I'm talkin' about. I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off and go watch The Hunt For Red October. Do you people realize how awesome it's going to be if Fred Thompson gets elected President AND we enter another Cold War? That's gonna rule. I mean when he comes on TV it'll be like we're actually living in a Jerry Bruckheimer movie.

royalfan5
6/5/2007, 01:35 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about. I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off and go watch The Hunt For Red October. Do you people realize how awesome it's going to be if Fred Thompson gets elected President AND we enter another Cold War? That's gonna rule. I mean when he comes on TV it'll be like we're actually living in a Jerry Bruckheimer movie.
That's enough to convince me to vote for Fred right there. I also imagine him with the leaders of Israel and Palestine asking them if they know what a Japanese inspection is.

JohnnyMack
6/5/2007, 01:35 PM
it's on CNN, which means it's already a paraphrase from the disciples of Marx, Clinton or Bakunin.

Fox News makes no mention of the quote:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,278053,00.html

Frozen Sooner
6/5/2007, 01:36 PM
At what point does Putin start getting love from the left/hollywood set?

I guess if Chavez is any example, they will wait until the country offically gives him dictatorial powers and he starts "liberating" all the private property.

Only then can the love fest truly begin.

"Russia has made tremendous progress over the last 15 years. It's an amazing transformation of the nation. And I applaud President Putin for dealing with a country that is in transformation."

"..[W]e found a lot agreement, a lot of common ground, and the world is better for it."

"I always enjoy talking to my friend, Vladimir Putin. He's a strong leader who cares deeply about the people of his country..."

I'm just curious, Tuba, which person on the left made these statements?

JohnnyMack
6/5/2007, 01:41 PM
Spek to the first person to find me a "Pootie-Poot" quote.

Fugue
6/5/2007, 01:52 PM

sweet, we've been waiting for years for those commies to make progress in the fark world.

crawfish
6/5/2007, 01:55 PM
I say we nuke the bastards.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/5/2007, 02:05 PM
Never thought I would say this.

Bush is a nut job and has lost it. This man is so worried about a legacy...I though Clinton and Carter had the bottom covered, but Bush 1 and 2 may soon join them...Not that I am against the missile defense. Though Putin scares me just as much as the islamics.

I have never been so disappointed in an elected official.

Fred Thompson for President...We need a new Reagan visionary!

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2007, 02:14 PM
i guess i fail to see what it was Bush said in that which is wrong or qualifies him as a nut job

he's got a defensive missile system - no warheads, and in response Putin says he's going to aim missiles at europe

and Bush is the nutjob?

ok.......

IronSooner
6/5/2007, 03:04 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with jk on this one. I've never really been thrilled with Bush, and his "- I call him Vladimir -" quote is another example of his "who's-yer-buddy" unscripted speaking style that drives me nuts. But I don't see what he's doing wrong here.

Jeopardude
6/5/2007, 03:26 PM
"I looked the man in the eye. I was able to get a sense of his soul. I knew that President Putin was a man with whom I could work."
- President George W. Bush, November 15, 2001

I love that quote.

Putin and Chavez are swine.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/5/2007, 03:31 PM
i guess i fail to see what it was Bush said in that which is wrong or qualifies him as a nut job

he's got a defensive missile system - no warheads, and in response Putin says he's going to aim missiles at europe

and Bush is the nutjob?

ok.......

Its not this thing per se. Its all the actions recently, the illegal immigration issue, the lack of border enforcement, his recent stance on global warming, his refusal to step in to the Ramos/Compion issue. Perhaps this thread was not correct venue, but I have lost most of the confidence I once had for the man.

Like I said, I do agree on the missile protection system. Sorry for the rant...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/5/2007, 03:32 PM
Putin and Chavez are swine.Agreed!

picasso
6/5/2007, 03:37 PM
Putin is a gangster.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/5/2007, 05:47 PM
Putin threatens to aim nuclear weapons at Europe if W places his missle defense system there.

Isn't France in Europe? :D

Frozen Sooner
6/5/2007, 06:21 PM
Agreed!

I disagree inasmuch as swine are useful.

sooneron
6/5/2007, 08:53 PM
Obviously it will be to blame Bushilter, for forcing the peace loving USSR to point missle at Europe.
What's a Bushilter? Is that like a Gefilte fish?

JohnnyMack
6/5/2007, 09:31 PM
What's a Bushilter? Is that like a Gefilte fish?

Did you just go "Rush Hour" on us?

sooneron
6/5/2007, 09:34 PM
Did you just go "Rush Hour" on us?
Nah, it's what came to mind.

def_lazer_fc
6/5/2007, 09:37 PM
Putin is a gangster.
i believe he's a gangstA. big difference.

KABOOKIE
6/5/2007, 09:40 PM
his refusal to step in to the Ramos/Compion issue....

What was he supposed to do? He reviewed the case. Determined that the DA had plenty of evidence against the agents. He agreed with 12 others on the jury that these crooked cops not only broke the rules they went out of their way to cover it up. Even their own BP agents testified against them.

Frozen Sooner
6/5/2007, 09:42 PM
i believe he's a gangstA. big difference.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/6/2007, 08:16 AM
What was he supposed to do? He reviewed the case. Determined that the DA had plenty of evidence against the agents. He agreed with 12 others on the jury that these crooked cops not only broke the rules they went out of their way to cover it up. Even their own BP agents testified against them.

They aren't crooked, and the Da could have no-billed them and gone after the drug runner rather than give him a visa, some large amount of buckas and a get out of jail free card...The agents testified against them after being told to...This is a fishy story here, more to it than we are being told.

JohnnyMack
6/6/2007, 10:27 AM
Its not this thing per se. Its all the actions recently, the illegal immigration issue, the lack of border enforcement, his recent stance on global warming, his refusal to step in to the Ramos/Compion issue. Perhaps this thread was not correct venue, but I have lost most of the confidence I once had for the man.

Like I said, I do agree on the missile protection system. Sorry for the rant...

No. It's not. This thread is about cool things like The Hunt For Red October, Three Days of the Condor, Red Dawn, Top Gun and Fail Safe.

Stop interrupting.

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2007, 10:32 AM

And in case I wasn't clear on this:

This is one liberal who will throw a party on the day Chavez is deposed and put on trial. I had some hope for the guy a couple of years ago, but he turned out to be just another authoritarian thug.

Dig up the thread from a few months back where I talk about the number they advertised up here for free heating oil and what I did with it. :D

JohnnyMack
6/6/2007, 10:38 AM
And in case I wasn't clear on this:

This is one liberal who will throw a party on the day Chavez is deposed and put on trial. I had some hope for the guy a couple of years ago, but he turned out to be just another authoritarian thug.

Dig up the thread from a few months back where I talk about the number they advertised up here for free heating oil and what I did with it. :D

Hey! Dipstick! More Cold War talkie, less Chavez talkie.

Thank you.

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah, well, as the board member who lives closes to Russia, obviously a ****ed-off and crazy Putin concerns me a bit.

Actually, sb93 might be slightly closer.

Blue
6/6/2007, 09:15 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with jk on this one. I've never really been thrilled with Bush, and his "- I call him Vladimir -" quote is another example of his "who's-yer-buddy" unscripted speaking style that drives me nuts. But I don't see what he's doing wrong here.

I'd be a little concerned if Russia started putting, "missle defense stations" in Canada and Cuba.

But I say F'em. They're teaming up w/ Iran to start the ultimate war.

Harry Beanbag
6/7/2007, 07:23 AM

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.

KABOOKIE
6/7/2007, 07:58 AM
Russians? I ain't a skeered.

WOLVERINES!!!!!

http://meekmok.com/muaddib/images/blog/wolverines.jpg

Frozen Sooner
6/7/2007, 12:34 PM
Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.

Arnold has personality.

King Crimson
6/7/2007, 01:04 PM
Arnold has personality.

at what?

Harry Beanbag
6/7/2007, 04:15 PM
Arnold has personality.

Well, we'd have to be talking one charming mother-fu**ing pig.

toast
6/7/2007, 04:24 PM
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/ffximage/2007/06/02/470_fred,0.jpg