PDA

View Full Version : Bring the troops home!

Okla-homey
6/5/2007, 05:22 AM
...From NOLA that is.

NPR reports this morning that Mayor Ray "Wonka" Nagin, supported by Gov Kathleen "Baitfish" Blanco, insist National Guard troops must remain on patrol in New Orleans for the foreseeable future in order to maintain a semblance of law and order.

We're going on two years folks.

Meanwhile LA Rep William "Coldcash" Jefferson faces indictment for being a crook in the finest Louisiana tradition.

Jerk
6/5/2007, 06:13 AM
Meanwhile LA Rep William "Coldcash" Jefferson faces indictment for being a crook in the finest Louisiana tradition.

Sounds like "a culture of corruption."

Harry Beanbag
6/5/2007, 07:19 AM
Nagin and the Chocolate City disgust me.

Vaevictis
6/5/2007, 07:53 AM
Sounds like "a culture of corruption."

Heh, Louisiana's one of those places where "culture of corruption" ain't just a slogan. They really ought to put it on the license plates, "Lousiana -- Where corruption is SOP."

TUSooner
6/5/2007, 09:50 AM
I think we need more troops! I'd support martial law and a military administration. Bring back Benjamin Butler !!

TheHumanAlphabet
6/5/2007, 09:53 AM
...From NOLA that is.

We're going on two years folks.

Yeah, and in Houston, some of the remaining NOLA refugees are getting housing assistance through 2009!!! How long does it take to get back on your feet - that is if you want to.

At least they are moving the assistance from FEMA to HUD.

Petro-Sooner
6/5/2007, 10:02 AM
New Orleans............

BWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Okla-homey
6/5/2007, 10:05 AM
I think we need more troops! I'd support martial law and a military administration. Bring back Benjamin Butler !!

BTW, I still have my "Beast Butler" ****pot. It's a great conversation starter.:D

SoonerStormchaser
6/5/2007, 10:25 AM
I am never going to New Orleans so long as that moron is in office...NEVER!

Petro-Sooner
6/5/2007, 10:29 AM
I never had a desire pre Katrina.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/5/2007, 11:49 AM
I am never going to New Orleans so long as that moron is in office...NEVER!

Don't guess NOLA will be on your travel itinerary in your lifetime...They'll just replace "Chocolate" with a new moron.

royalfan5
6/5/2007, 11:59 AM
Louisana provides more evidence to my theory that we should only have 45 states, and have a relagation system like the Premiership to decide who gets busted back down to territory.

Widescreen
6/5/2007, 12:55 PM
Reminds me of when the newly retired face of the anti-war movement called for the occupying troops to leave NO.

OklahomaTuba
6/5/2007, 01:04 PM
From Vermont!

Disillusioned by what they call an empire about to fall, a small cadre of writers and academics is plotting political strategy and planting the seeds of separatism.
They've published a "Green Mountain Manifesto" subtitled "Why and How Tiny Vermont Might Help Save America From Itself by Seceding from the Union." They hope to put the question before citizens at Town Meeting Day next March, eventually persuading the state Legislature to declare independence, returning Vermont to the status it held from 1777 to 1791.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2007/06/03/in_vermont_nascent_secession_movement_gains_tracti on/

The lefties get crazier and crazier every year.

SoonerInKCMO
6/5/2007, 01:10 PM
Vermontians have always been a little goofy.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/5/2007, 01:12 PM
Would we miss Vermont?

TUSooner
6/5/2007, 01:16 PM
From Vermont!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2007/06/03/in_vermont_nascent_secession_movement_gains_tracti on/

The lefties get crazier and crazier every year.

I'm sure some of the smart people on this board could think of some sound libertarian and conservative reasons to secede.

King Crimson
6/5/2007, 01:18 PM
so, smaller government equals "lefties" this time. nice plastic contradiction.

edit: exactly my point TU. and better said.

OklahomaTuba
6/5/2007, 01:18 PM
I'm sure some of the smart people on this board could think of some sound libertarian and conservative reasons to secede.

For sure.

Of course, their reasons would be much more "sane" I am sure.

OklahomaTuba
6/5/2007, 01:21 PM
so, smaller government equals "lefties" this time. nice plastic contradiction.

Not sure what succeeding from the union cause the country is going fall has to do with smaller government, but ok!

SoonerInKCMO
6/5/2007, 01:51 PM
Not sure what succeeding from the union cause the country is going fall has to do with smaller government, but ok!

"The argument for secession is that the U.S. has become an empire that is essentially ungovernable _ it's too big, it's too corrupt and it no longer serves the needs of its citizens," said Rob Williams, editor of Vermont Commons, a quarterly newspaper dedicated to secession

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/connecticut/ny-bc-ct--vermontsecession0602jun02,0,6671063.story?coll=ny-region-apconnecticut

StoopTroup
6/5/2007, 02:04 PM
Why doesn't TUSooner run for Mayor or Governor? :D

yermom
6/5/2007, 02:07 PM
i hope to be there in January ;)

soonerhubs
6/5/2007, 02:10 PM
I still like their Ice Cream though. Just sayin...

soonerscuba
6/5/2007, 02:12 PM
Louisana provides more evidence to my theory that we should only have 45 states, and have a relagation system like the Premiership to decide who gets busted back down to territory.

It's damn dirty shame that few on this board will get this, but it's an awesome idea.

StoopTroup
6/5/2007, 02:16 PM
If we bust Lousianna back to Territory status....

Do they get all of their original Territorial land back?

If so...

I'm against that...:D

http://learningtogive.org/lessons/documents/images/unit177_1.jpg

BU BEAR
6/5/2007, 04:28 PM
If we bust Lousianna back to Territory status....

Do they get all of their original Territorial land back?

If so...

I'm against that...:D

http://learningtogive.org/lessons/documents/images/unit177_1.jpg

That territory in orange south of the Louisianna Purchase is now claimed by US and Mexico.

reevie
6/5/2007, 05:02 PM
How can the Left see the Army patrolling the streets of an American city and not be throwing a fit?

Harry Beanbag
6/5/2007, 05:20 PM
Yeah, and in Houston, some of the remaining NOLA refugees are getting housing assistance through 2009!!! How long does it take to get back on your feet - that is if you want to.

At least they are moving the assistance from FEMA to HUD.

Well in fairness to those refugees, most of them have probably been receiving housing assistance their entire lives so they don't really know any different and wouldn't have the first clue about fully supporting themselves.

soonerboomer93
6/5/2007, 07:23 PM
Would we miss Vermont?

dude, don't take away my waffle syrup...

Frozen Sooner
6/5/2007, 07:26 PM
How can the Left see the Army patrolling the streets of an American city and not be throwing a fit?

Probably because it's the National Guard, not the Army.

olevetonahill
6/5/2007, 07:36 PM
How can any Red blooded American see the Army Or NG patrolling the streets of an American city and not be throwing a fit?
:eek:

XingTheRubicon
6/5/2007, 07:41 PM
Wasn't Wm Jefferson's nickname actually "dollar bill"

Someone on CNN said that without laughing.

olevetonahill
6/5/2007, 07:59 PM
Wasn't Wm Jefferson's nickname actually "dollar bill"

Someone on CNN said that without laughing.
I always thot It was " Teflon " bill cause shat wouldnt stick :eek:

SoonerDood
6/5/2007, 09:02 PM
LoL! Well who's the ManU and Chelsea of this USPL?

royalfan5
6/5/2007, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure, but Louisana is definitely Sheffield United.

def_lazer_fc
6/5/2007, 09:20 PM
It's damn dirty shame that few on this board will get this, but it's an awesome idea.
i got it. and im still steaming from manu's loss to chelsea a couple weeks back. but i can get the list started for this. texas, kansas, kansas again, idaho, and throw a dart at any other southern state for the fifth one.

def_lazer_fc
6/5/2007, 09:21 PM
I'm not sure, but Louisana is definitely Sheffield United.
i was thinking more along the lines of wigan athletic.

soonerscuba
6/5/2007, 09:43 PM

California and Texas. Sure, I hate both of these states (much like I hate both Chelsea and ManU), but their important and serve a strong role within our country.

def_lazer_fc
6/5/2007, 09:48 PM
i guess would texas be manU since they are a red state? cuz i don't want to root for texas....hypothetically speaking.