PDA

View Full Version : This Faith **** by the dems and repubs...

Blue
6/5/2007, 04:17 AM
nm

Blue
6/5/2007, 04:25 AM
Wow. I was excited a minute ago. 5 minutes later I still think anybody who can't see this is blind and will never see it. It's really scary.

mikeelikee
6/5/2007, 08:44 AM
Anyone, and I mean ANY POLITICIAN, who spends time talking publicly about their faith is pandering for votes. The Bible says "Faith without works is dead". You demonstrate your faith with the way you live your life and by your actions. For a politician, a big part of that would be his or her voting record. Don't tell me about your faith--show me your faith with your vote on the bills that come before you.

OklahomaTuba
6/5/2007, 08:47 AM
Personally, I think its important that politicans talk about their faith in God. I think people expect more out of this type of person, and they should.

mikeelikee
6/5/2007, 08:56 AM
Well Tuba, you're going to get your wish, it appears. I just hope you can separate the wheat from the chaff.

OklahomaTuba
6/5/2007, 08:59 AM
Well, thats the case in life everyday it seems. Sometimes I even wonder which one I am.

Fugue
6/5/2007, 09:07 AM
mmmmmmmmmmm...chaff

Ike
6/5/2007, 09:31 AM
It's the easiest lie to tell and doesn't hurt them none.

TUSooner
6/5/2007, 09:45 AM
Its because we 'Mer'cans tend to suck up to panderers. If pandering works, they will keep doing it.

crawfish
6/5/2007, 12:15 PM
I save time and just assume they're lying.

soonerscuba
6/5/2007, 12:25 PM
God told Bush that Iraq was a good idea and Putin had a "good heart", I would be more interested in a candidate that would ignore such advice.

<ducks>

OklahomaTuba
6/5/2007, 12:45 PM
At least use REAL examples scuba, instead of made up ones.

yermom
6/5/2007, 02:16 PM
did Bush not say that God told him that about Putin?

did he not also say we were doing God's work in Iraq?

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2007, 02:21 PM
I don't go around trying to weed out who is faithful and not faithful in everyday life. I frankly don't care much, it's their problem not mine. I do believe our national leaders should believe in a higher power/God for the simple reason that it makes a HUGE difference whether you believe our inalienable rights are bestowed from something greater than government (God) or whether man arbitrarily designated those rights.

Beyond that though, I don't care how faithful my national leaders are. As I've said many times before, the far right Christian coalition types scare the bejebees out of me.

mikeelikee
6/5/2007, 02:40 PM
SicEm, you could probably categorize me as a right-wing Christian. In what way do you believe my type threatens you? Frankly, if you'e going to have the bejebees scared out of you, I would think it more logical that the source would be radical Islamofascism, which may eventually give you the following choice: Bow the knee to Allah, or die, infidel.

SoonerInKCMO
6/5/2007, 02:45 PM
Didn't we cover all that last week? :confused:

Petro-Sooner
6/5/2007, 02:51 PM
SicEm, you could probably categorize me as a right-wing Christian. In what way do you believe my type threatens you? Frankly, if you'e going to have the bejebees scared out of you, I would think it more logical that the source would be radical Islamofascism, which may eventually give you the following choice: Bow the knee to Allah, or die, infidel.

What he said. The christian coalition doesnt scare me. Towel heads do.

yermom
6/5/2007, 03:10 PM
last time i checked there weren't towel heads in our government talking about what they think God wants them to do

Stoop Dawg
6/5/2007, 03:21 PM
What he said. The christian coalition doesnt scare me. Towel heads do.

Certainly. Me too. Because we live in America.

If I lived in, say, Iran, I'd be afraid of Christians right about now. One in particular.

NormanPride
6/5/2007, 03:22 PM
last time i checked there weren't towel heads in our government talking about what they think God wants them to do

I know what you're getting at, but that's starting to sound like a cop-out for not liking the guy's policy. I mean, if a politician said to me that God told him to vote against a moral issue (say, human cloning), that's fine. But if the guy says God told him to tell the Germans to stop exporting so much steel, I'd wonder.

Petro-Sooner
6/5/2007, 03:24 PM
Christians are not the ones flying planes into muslim buildings either. Christians arent cutting heads off.

crawfish
6/5/2007, 03:27 PM
I say we nuke the bastards.

Stoop Dawg
6/5/2007, 03:36 PM
Christians are not the ones flying planes into muslim buildings either. Christians arent cutting heads off.

No, the Christians have fighter jets, so there's really no reason to crash the entire jet into a building. Just launch a few missles and live to fight another day.

And really, cutting heads off takes entirely too long. We all know the Christian attention span is much too short for that. A bullet to the head is much easier, and then you can get back to smokes and poker.

And since I know how this board works, just let me say something in advance. I support our troops in Iraq 100% and think we should stay there until it is "stable" (whatever the hell that means). I also think we should consider stronger measures against Iran. But the notion that it's the Muslims doing all the killing is just stupid. The Americans are waaaaaaay ahead in the "body count" race.

Stoop Dawg
6/5/2007, 03:38 PM
I say we nuke the bastards.

Typical crawfish post. Five stars, my friend. :)

Petro-Sooner
6/5/2007, 03:58 PM
My point I'm trying to get at is they started this mess. I dont know what your getting at with the Christians are the ones with the jets. Cutting heads off takes too long. Sounds like your simpathetic to the muslims. Like we provoked the attacks. Just the way its sounds.

def_lazer_fc
6/5/2007, 09:45 PM
im not touching this one.

usmc-sooner
6/5/2007, 09:48 PM
No, the Christians have fighter jets, so there's really no reason to crash the entire jet into a building. Just launch a few missles and live to fight another day.

And really, cutting heads off takes entirely too long. We all know the Christian attention span is much too short for that. A bullet to the head is much easier, and then you can get back to smokes and poker.

And since I know how this board works, just let me say something in advance. I support our troops in Iraq 100% and think we should stay there until it is "stable" (whatever the hell that means). I also think we should consider stronger measures against Iran. But the notion that it's the Muslims doing all the killing is just stupid. The Americans are waaaaaaay ahead in the "body count" race.

Muslims have been killing for years, they kill theirselves, infidels, nonbelievers, etc. they are way up on the body count.

usmc-sooner
6/5/2007, 09:54 PM
oh and BTW Hillary is pumping her Christian faith, so I guess all those Christian fearing Democrats have all of a sudden dropped her as a prospective candidate.

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2007, 10:11 PM

My problem with them is as a political movement they care more about legislating morality and biblical law than they do about limited government and individual liberty. The degree to which SOME evangelical leaders want the country to become less secular is disturbing and scary. Obviously, when I say I'm scared of them I don't mean that I'm scared they're going to kill me like islamic fundamentalists.

sooneron
6/5/2007, 10:17 PM
It's Sic'em that scares me the most.

C
L
O
C
K
T
O
W
E
R

yermom
6/5/2007, 10:32 PM
My point I'm trying to get at is they started this mess. I dont know what your getting at with the Christians are the ones with the jets. Cutting heads off takes too long. Sounds like your simpathetic to the muslims. Like we provoked the attacks. Just the way its sounds.

what he's saying is that they don't have much other choice

they are outclassed militarily, so they don't have the luxury of bombing from the sky and pushing a button to destroy stuff from miles away

we are much more efficient at killing than they are, and don't have to plan on suicide to do it

mikeelikee
6/5/2007, 10:51 PM
Nah, I'm not skeered of SicEm, sooneron. The only thing is, he and I will probably cancel each other's vote in 2008. Oh well......

Scott D
6/5/2007, 10:57 PM
what he's saying is that they don't have much other choice

they are outclassed militarily, so they don't have the luxury of bombing from the sky and pushing a button to destroy stuff from miles away

we are much more efficient at killing than they are, and don't have to plan on suicide to do it

it's a lost argument yermom..

christians = gud

everyone else = bad.

usmc-sooner
6/5/2007, 11:05 PM
it's a lost argument yermom..

christians = gud

everyone else = bad.

Scott that's retarded

Why wouldn't Christians want their values in leadership? How many Christians go on Jihad's or missions to destroy other religions these days?

If Christians are so bad and Muslims so good, why is it that an 80% Christian led Country is the best place in world to live in and the Muslim led Mid East is the ******* of the universe and always has been and always will be.

47straight
6/5/2007, 11:10 PM
Everyone's got an agenda. If you single out believing christians as particularly heinous for enacting theirs, then that's your problem with represenative democracy.

sooneron
6/5/2007, 11:10 PM
Scott that's retarded

Why wouldn't Christians want their values in leadership? How many Christians go on Jihad's or missions to destroy other religions these days?

If Christians are so bad and Muslims so good, why is it that an 80% Christian led Country is the best place in world to live in and the Muslim led Mid East is the ******* of the universe and always has been and always will be.
On man's *******, another man's...

eh, **** it

Scott D
6/5/2007, 11:12 PM
Scott that's retarded

Is that what I said?

Or did I simply show why it's pointless even attempting to argue any other point of view on this forum in this subject?

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2007, 11:14 PM
Nah, I'm not skeered of SicEm, sooneron. The only thing is, he and I will probably cancel each other's vote in 2008. Oh well......
Who do you think I'm going to vote for?

Scott D
6/5/2007, 11:16 PM
Who do you think I'm going to vote for?

Mohsen Mehralizadeh

usmc-sooner
6/5/2007, 11:21 PM
Is that what I said?

Or did I simply show why it's pointless even attempting to argue any other point of view on this forum in this subject?

you can argue any point you want but my point is that Christian Countries are 10X better to live in than Muslim Countries.

the fact that we are allowed to argue this should be proof enough.

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2007, 11:22 PM
Mohsen Mehralizadeh
I'd never ever support a soccer fan.

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2007, 11:23 PM
you can argue any point you want but my point is that Christian Countries are 10X better to live in than Muslim Countries.

Except that I'm reasonably sure that muslims get laid after death 10x more than I will while actually living.

Scott D
6/5/2007, 11:50 PM

your point is moot because I was never arguing a point, I was pointing out to someone else how this is a pointless point to even bother with.

But you are free to continue making a point to counter a point I never made.

Scott D
6/5/2007, 11:50 PM
I'd never ever support a soccer fan.

Clearly you didn't do any research on your campaign selection.

yermom
6/6/2007, 12:02 AM

where do you get this stuff?

i haven't once said anything about this not being the best place to live

if you think i have any desire to step foot in any ****hole in the ME you are sadly mistaken

this place is too Puritanical for me, like i would want to go to some Sharia Law run backwards POS country

picasso
6/6/2007, 12:04 AM
remember that one time when Clinton had a tear on his cheek during the black church service and left it there for the good camera shot?????

that was a good one.

def_lazer_fc
6/6/2007, 01:36 AM
can we just all agree that a theocracy, no matter what religion, would suck balls?

yermom
6/6/2007, 01:54 AM
no, apparently not

SicEmBaylor
6/6/2007, 02:01 AM
Heretics, the lot of you.

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2007, 02:03 AM
no, apparently not

I think you're missing the point.

When it's someone else's religion, it's a repressive theocracy.

When it's your own, it's voting your conscience.

I do not exclude atheists from this statement.

Stoop Dawg
6/6/2007, 11:36 AM
I think you're missing the point.

When it's someone else's religion, it's a repressive theocracy.

When it's your own, it's voting your conscience.

I do not exclude atheists from this statement.

Well said.

Stoop Dawg
6/6/2007, 11:42 AM

Rwanda is a "christian country".

The United States is 10X better than any other country, IMO. And it has nothing to do with religion.