PDA

View Full Version : I hate incompetent foreign fast food workers...

Blue
6/4/2007, 10:33 PM
And yes, the foreigners usually f your order up more than somebody who speaks english.

The worst wings I've ever had. FRIED CRISPY!

me on the phone: "I want RANCH! No BLEU Cheese!

dickhead: ok. ok.

Me: For real. You've forgotten it like 9 times. You know my address. I'm the RANCH guy. Don't forget.

dickhead: ok.ok

Me: you're going to forget aren't you?

dickhead: ok. ok.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 10:38 PM
Change ur User name to Ranch ! why ya wanna confuse em ?

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2007, 10:57 PM
Do you not hate incompetent domestic fast food workers cuz I know I do?

Frozen Sooner
6/4/2007, 10:59 PM
Man, I was about to say-it's all whiteys at the Papa John's down the street, and they've managed to screw up that same order (except giving me ranch instead of blue cheese) every single time.

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 10:59 PM
Do you not hate incompetent domestic fast food workers cuz I know I do?
Nope
We aint talking about Sicem !

Blue
6/4/2007, 11:08 PM
Well I guess it's not just foreigners, but that seems to be all I'm dealing w/ around here.

XingTheRubicon
6/5/2007, 09:14 AM
Blue, it's 2007. You're about 10 years late from being able to tell the truth concerning anything with minorities.

JohnnyMack
6/5/2007, 09:15 AM
Eat a salad and STFU.

:O

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2007, 09:21 AM
you know.....fast food places in general have totally lost any desire for real customer service.......they dont thank their customers anymore, the cashiers are mindless robots who cant so much as speak beyond what reads on the buttons of the cash register

Petro-Sooner
6/5/2007, 10:19 AM
Let me chime in on this one. There is a paticular driver from pizza shuttle that hardly ever would bring a pen for me to sign the recipt. This never sat right with me. I finally got fed up and stopped giving this guy a tip. He always says they didnt give him one at the store. :rolleyes: Also I was at taco bueno drive through the other day. Employee is dressed like a thug. Company hat one all crooked, untucked shirt. I guess I should start cooking at home more.
I totally agree jk. I've noticed less customer service outside of fast food as well. When I go into a store a lot of times I'm not greeted or told that you for stopping by when I leave. One more example. I was in the mall at the calendar display in the middle of the mall back in January. I take my new calendar to the register and the punk kid is sitting at the register playing with his video game phone thingy. I'm standing two feet from him and he does not look up at all. A lady walks up cause she was buying something. We both stand there for 10-15 seconds. I finally say do you want to sell a calender or play that game. He looks up and doesnt say sorry or anything. Rings me up, doesnt say a word to me. UGH Lady at the cash registar at the convience store was on her cell phone while ringing me up. Didnt say hi or anything to me. People..........meh

JohnnyMack
6/5/2007, 10:21 AM
D00d, it's Pizza Shuttle and Bueno, not Ruth's Chris.

:D

Petro-Sooner
6/5/2007, 10:25 AM
I know I know. But still.

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2007, 10:29 AM
i realize its pizza shuttle, or whatever, but you'd think the companies would be on their employees to render a simple greeting when you approach the register, or a "thank you" when you've paid - those things are gone - maybe because i'm older it bothers me more.......

Frozen Sooner
6/5/2007, 10:52 AM
i realize its pizza shuttle, or whatever, but you'd think the companies would be on their employees to render a simple greeting when you approach the register, or a "thank you" when you've paid - those things are gone - maybe because i'm older it bothers me more.......

You wouldn't believe how hard it is for me to get my staff to understand the difference between saying "Can I help you?" and "I can help you here!"

Seriously, it's AMAZINGLY tough to make people understand that when they're in a customer service position the #1 thing that customers want is for you to be engaged in the conversation. Me, I joke with people, I mess around with them-ANYTHING to make sure that they know that I'm paying attention and that I'm there.

OzarkSooner
6/5/2007, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately it seems that we're getting more minimal effort from the minimum wage crowd, especially the youngest ones. My wife works with some of these types and they DO NOT WANT TO WORK. They want to collect a paycheck for standing around and shooting the breeze with their friends and not doing their work. It's getting worse, not better all the time.

I have resigned myself to the fact that at a drive-through or even walk up fast food place, the order takers / preparers simply can NOT do more than one "special order." If I want a burger without onions and someone else in my party has a "special order" one of us, maybe even both of us are going to get their food wrong...it's just the nature of the lack of service today.

I keep trying to tell myself that for minimum wage, I should expect minimal effort, but, it just doesn't seem right. Where's the pride, loyalty and simple satisfaction from doing a job well?

/End Rant

:)

Frozen Sooner
6/5/2007, 11:24 AM
Trust me, it's not only the minimum wage crowd. Some of the people I'm describing are making upwards of $15 an hour.

King Crimson
6/5/2007, 12:02 PM
you guys should see what college students are like.

not for the weak of heart.

crawfish
6/5/2007, 12:05 PM
I hated customers when I had customer service jobs.

That's why I sit in front of a computer all day long now. :D

JohnnyMack
6/5/2007, 12:12 PM
I think we have a tendency to romanticize the past. I know when I worked in grocery stores in high school my attitude and work ethic were less than stellar.

SoonerInKCMO
6/5/2007, 12:17 PM
I think we have a tendency to romanticize the past. I know when I worked in grocery stores in high school my attitude and work ethic were less than stellar.

Yep. Teenagers have been surly, inattentive, getting orders wrong and just generally difficult to work with for at least 25+ years that I've noticed.

crawfish
6/5/2007, 12:17 PM

Yeesh. If that's true, I may have killed somebody... :eek:

rufnek05
6/5/2007, 12:23 PM
Chic-ken sand..wich? (in gooback speak)

Pricetag
6/5/2007, 01:16 PM
Yeah. It drives me nuts when the cashiers and baggers flirt with each other in grocery stores, and then I remember that I was doing the same thing 17 years ago.

JohnnyMack
6/5/2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah. It drives me nuts when the cashiers and baggers flirt with each other in grocery stores, and then I remember that I was doing the same thing 17 years ago.

Heh. We used to play hockey in the aisles with brooms and cans of tuna fish.