PDA

View Full Version : The Issues Facing Americans

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 03:31 PM
If you were to choose one issue being addressed in the presidential campaigns that you care about the most, what would that be? :pop:

royalfan5
6/4/2007, 03:33 PM
Balancing the budget and the reduction of trade barriers, along with the elimination of subsidies for agriculture and ethanol.

BU BEAR
6/4/2007, 03:34 PM
Border security

Petro-Sooner
6/4/2007, 03:34 PM
The lack of a wall on the borders

crawfish
6/4/2007, 03:36 PM
Low-flow toilets.

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 03:36 PM
Making healthcare afforable for all. :)

SoonerInKCMO
6/4/2007, 03:38 PM
Lessening dependence on foreign petroleum and refined petroleum products - whether that be by conservation, increasing of drilling and refining capacity, development of alternatives or a combination.

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 03:40 PM
Free Beer for All veterans !:D

Petro-Sooner
6/4/2007, 03:47 PM
Lessening dependence on foreign petroleum and refined petroleum products - whether that be by conservation, increasing of drilling and refining capacity, development of alternatives or a combination.

Opening up the waters in the gulf around florida to be drilled and make it able for refineries to open up without all the restrictions will help. That just fires me up. :mad: Everyone wants to be independant on oil but arent willing to do whats nessicary for it to happen. Well you know what. Dont bitch about prices then.

Sorry, end rant. :cool:

BU BEAR
6/4/2007, 03:52 PM
Definitely increase drilling opportunity and refining capacity.

SCOUT
6/4/2007, 03:53 PM
Energy independence followed very closely with border security.

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 03:54 PM
Yall to serious :mad:
Free Beer :D

Petro-Sooner
6/4/2007, 03:57 PM
Get rid of all taxes. :D

Ike
6/4/2007, 05:02 PM
There are lots of issues that are important to me. The budget, Iraq, the economy, immigration, yada, yada, yada.

But really, as far as the one that will make the most difference in my mind is the fact that presidential campaigns have become sound-byte affairs, where a candidate is considered to have run a strong campaign if they create enough "sexy" soundbytes and don't accidentally say something stupid too often.
I reject this premise.
I want to hear candidates get long winded on the issues. I want them to demonstrate to me that they can actually think a little bit, and maybe even be a little bit creative.

So far, I've been dramatically underwhelmed. I've seen very little of anything other than scripted/rehearsed answers to questions. Regardless of whether the answer they are giving is the answer to the question asked.

Harry Beanbag
6/4/2007, 05:04 PM
Border security followed very closely by energy independence.

Ike
6/4/2007, 05:12 PM
Energy Security followed very closely by Border Independence.

sooneron
6/4/2007, 05:23 PM
My favorite position is the issues facing away, not facing me.

Harry Beanbag
6/4/2007, 05:32 PM
My favorite position is the issues facing away, not facing me.

Reverse cowgirl and doggie are very nice indeed.

Rogue
6/4/2007, 05:40 PM
I'm not a one-issue guy. The most important issue to me today is concluding our role in the misadventures since we ousted Saddam in Iraq. By November 2008, things may change.

Healthcare, veteran's issues, the environment, how tax $$ is spent, and social security are major issues to me too. I'm beginning to realize that voting for congressional reps is probably far more important than voting for president.

Widescreen
6/4/2007, 05:56 PM
Energy independence followed very closely with border security.
Me too.

I'm also tired of us funding the Chinese so they can assplode us but I have no idea what the solution for that is. I'm pretty addicted to cheap products.

King Crimson
6/4/2007, 06:06 PM
balance the budget, we owe China the next two or three generations of US children....we aren't supporting them.

some idea how to keep from the baby boomers to **** over anyone who isn't them.

alternative fuels to lessen "foreign" (meaning middle east) oil dependence.

more flavored vitamin waters and flat chested heiresses. whoop!

massive telecommunications reform such that spectrum space is locally available.= instead of for sale to basically 5 multi-national corporations.