PDA

View Full Version : Statutory rape question

OUDoc
6/4/2007, 01:19 PM
What's the age of consent in OK? My nurse's 16yo girl is dating a not-yet-21yo guy.

SoonerInKCMO
6/4/2007, 01:22 PM

http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

sooner_born_1960
6/4/2007, 01:22 PM

OUDoc
6/4/2007, 01:24 PM
That's what my nurse said. I thought it was 18.

yermom
6/4/2007, 01:26 PM
so, um is she hawt?

:O

SoonerInKCMO
6/4/2007, 01:27 PM
Just like a doctor to not believe his nurse and go ask someone else. ;)

picasso
6/4/2007, 01:59 PM
12 in Adair County.

mikeelikee
6/4/2007, 02:14 PM
And 10 in Arkansaw! :D

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 02:15 PM
In my family statutory rape is anyone who thinks their going to have relations with our teen aged daughters. We offer our own brand of justice for that. :cool:

Okla-homey
6/4/2007, 02:35 PM
It's 14 in Souse Cackalackey where Mrs Homey is from.:D

OSUAggie
6/4/2007, 03:13 PM
I thought it was only 16 if the person already had prior relations, but 18 for virgins...

BU BEAR
6/4/2007, 03:22 PM
Too much age difference. What could a 20/21 year old man possibly have in common with a 16 year old female? Except a certain drive.

yermom
6/4/2007, 03:29 PM
I thought it was only 16 if the person already had prior relations, but 18 for virgins...

i've heard the same thing... but how does one prove such a thing?

royalfan5
6/4/2007, 03:30 PM
Too much age difference. What could a 20/21 year old man possibly have in common with a 16 year old female? Except a certain drive.
They both might like to play dominos.

Widescreen
6/4/2007, 03:32 PM
i've heard the same thing... but how does one prove such a thing?
Try the various combinations and if you end up in jail, you'll know?

BU BEAR
6/4/2007, 03:33 PM
They both might like to play dominos.

Is that what the young people call it today?

Oldnslo
6/4/2007, 03:34 PM
nope.

IronSooner
6/4/2007, 03:35 PM

Would make for an interesting defense

yermom
6/4/2007, 03:35 PM
Try the various combinations and if you end up in jail, you'll know?

i mean how does one prove in court that i was the first one to boldly go where no one has gone before?

royalfan5
6/4/2007, 03:37 PM
i mean how does one prove in court that i was the first one to boldly go where no one has gone before?
and what has to go where before it is declared that something has gone somewhere before. There is quite a combination of appendages and orificies that can be involved.

FaninAma
6/4/2007, 03:44 PM

Do sheep live that long? And what are the odds of a sheep being a virgin at any age in Stillwater?

Sorry, but nobody else seemed like they were going to hit that hanging curveball. :D

yermom
6/4/2007, 03:45 PM
i almost went there :D

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 03:49 PM
i mean how does one prove in court that i was the first one to boldly go where no one has gone before? Because the older tadpoles turn into little froggies first. Its forensics. :P

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 03:57 PM
i almost went there :D
A virgin SHEEP ?:eek: :eek: :eek:

okienole3
6/4/2007, 06:53 PM
21 O.S. Section 1111

A. Rape is an act of sexual intercourse involving vaginal or anal penetration accomplished with a male or female who is not the spouse of the perpetrator and who may be of the same or the opposite sex as the perpetrator under any of the following circumstances:

1. Where the victim is under sixteen (16) years of age;

2. Where the victim is incapable through mental illness or any other unsoundness of mind, whether temporary or permanent, of giving legal consent;

3. Where force or violence is used or threatened, accompanied by apparent power of execution to the victim or to another person;

4. Where the victim is intoxicated by a narcotic or anesthetic agent, administered by or with the privity of the accused as a means of forcing the victim to submit;

5. Where the victim is at the time unconscious of the nature of the act and this fact is known to the accused;

6. Where the victim submits to sexual intercourse under the belief that the person committing the act is a spouse, and this belief is induced by artifice, pretense, or concealment practiced by the accused or by the accused in collusion with the spouse with intent to induce that belief. In all cases of collusion between the accused and the spouse to accomplish such act, both the spouse and the accused, upon conviction, shall be deemed guilty of rape;

7. Where the victim is under the legal custody or supervision of a state agency, a federal agency, a county, a municipality or a political subdivision and engages in sexual intercourse with a state, federal, county, municipal or political subdivision employee or an employee of a contractor of the state, the federal government, a county, a municipality or a political subdivision that exercises authority over the victim; or

8. Where the victim is at least sixteen (16) years of age and is less than twenty (20) years of age and is a student, or under the legal custody or supervision of any public or private elementary or secondary school, junior high or high school, or public vocational school, and engages in sexual intercourse with a person who is eighteen (18) years of age or older and is an employee of the same school system.

B. Rape is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a male or female who is the spouse of the perpetrator if force or violence is used or threatened, accompanied by apparent power of execution to the victim or to another person.

OUinFLA
6/4/2007, 07:15 PM
OUDoc:
Regardless of the legal definition, I would advise you to begin dating girls who are outside their teenage years.

C&CDean
6/4/2007, 07:19 PM
My wife is 7 1/2 years younger than me. When I was 21, she was 13.

Frozen Sooner
6/4/2007, 07:21 PM
My wife is 7 1/2 years younger than me. When I was 21, she was 13.

Tall girl is just three months younger in relation to me than that.

It makes me feel really old to realize she was born in the Reagan presidency.

C&CDean
6/4/2007, 07:23 PM
Tall girl is just three months younger in relation to me than that.

Dude, you're only like 21 now. Perv.

Frozen Sooner
6/4/2007, 07:24 PM
Heh.

I'm 32, man. Turn 33 on July 7th.

OUDoc
6/4/2007, 07:25 PM
OUDoc:
Regardless of the legal definition, I would advise you to begin dating girls who are outside their teenage years.
It's okay with my wife? COOL!

Frozen Sooner
6/4/2007, 07:27 PM
Heh.

And if I was 21, she'd have been born in the Clinton presidency.

Which won't be a bad thing to look for in a girl in eight years or so. You know that girl'd like to party.

SleestakSooner
6/4/2007, 07:30 PM
i mean how does one prove in court that i was the first one to boldly go where no one has gone before? Heh yeah, we'll call it the Cap'n Kirk defense.

Vaevictis
6/4/2007, 07:46 PM
You don't have to go for rape, there are other ways.

1040.13a Soliciting Sexual Conduct or Communication with Minor by use of Technology - Penalty - Jurisdiction

A. It is unlawful for any person to facilitate, encourage, offer or solicit sexual conduct with a minor, or other individual the person believes to be a minor, by use of any technology, or to engage in any communication for sexual or prurient interest with any minor, or other individual the person believes to be a minor, by use of any technology. For purposes of this subsection, "by use of any technology" means the use of any telephone or cell phone, computer disk (CD), digital video disk (DVD), recording or sound device, CD-ROM, VHS, computer, computer network or system, Internet or World Wide Web address including any blog site or personal web address, e-mail address, Internet Protocol address (IP), text messaging or paging device, any video, audio, photographic or camera device of any computer, computer network or system, cell phone, any other electrical, electronic, computer or mechanical device, or any other device capable of any transmission of any written or text message, audio or sound message, photographic, video, movie, digital or computer-generated image, or any other communication of any kind by use of an electronic device.

B. A person is guilty of violating the provisions of this section if the person knowingly transmits any prohibited communication by use of any technology defined herein, or knowingly prints, publishes or reproduces by use of any technology described herein any prohibited communication, or knowingly buys, sells, receives, exchanges, or disseminates any prohibited communication or any information, notice, statement, website, or advertisement for communication with a minor or access to any name, telephone number, cell phone number, e-mail address, Internet address, text message address, place of residence, physical characteristics or other descriptive or identifying information of a minor, or other individual the person believes to be a minor.

C. The fact that an undercover operative or law enforcement officer was involved in the detection and investigation of an offense pursuant to this section shall not constitute a defense to a prosecution under this section.

D. Any violation of the provisions of this section shall be a felony, punishable by a fine in an amount not to exceed Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00), or by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for a term of not more than ten (10) years, or by both such fine and imprisonment. For purposes of this section, each communication shall constitute a separate offense.

E. For purposes of any criminal prosecution pursuant to any violation of this section, the person violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed to be within the jurisdiction of this state by the fact of accessing any computer, cellular phone or other computer-related or satellite-operated device in this state, regardless of the actual jurisdiction where the violator resides.

Now, I don't know the legal definition of "minor" in this context, but my expectation is that it's anyone under 18 years old.

If my understanding is correct, then it would appear to me that using any technology listed above to contact the 16 year old that eventually resulted in sexual contact might run afoul of this law.

the_ouskull
6/4/2007, 10:21 PM

Are you freaking kidding me, Stillwater?

"Yes, your honor. I'd like to present Exhibit A... the subject's hymen."

Good job, Aggie.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
6/4/2007, 10:27 PM
Heh.

You're just a wee lil' puppy, aren't you? Yes hims is. Yes hiims is a lil' puppy doggie.

Also,

Yeah, try teaching students that were born during the Bush presidency... For that matter, try teaching, period, when those same students didn't have to pick up a book until the second Bush came along.

the_ouskull

SoonerAtKU
6/5/2007, 06:24 AM
What's the age of consent in OK? My nurse's 16yo girl is dating a not-yet-21yo guy.

Oh, so THIS is how you ask this question and not get creepy stares.

Duly noted.