PDA

View Full Version : Hey oil peeps

Petro-Sooner
6/4/2007, 12:44 PM
I heard there was a rig explosion near Marlow. Maybe a cheesypeake well. Havnt found much if anything from the news. Heard anything?

sooner_born_1960
6/4/2007, 12:45 PM
I saw something about it on the news the other night. They said Chesepeke too.

OklahomaTuba
6/4/2007, 12:47 PM
I hope KOTV didn't report this.

Petro-Sooner
6/4/2007, 12:47 PM
the evil empire.

Petro-Sooner
6/4/2007, 12:48 PM
I hope KOTV didn't report this.

Why is that?

oumartin
6/4/2007, 01:14 PM
Well I have to say this. the things they get away with on a rig floor would get any other industry shut down!

Flagstaffsooner
6/4/2007, 01:25 PM
MARLOW — An oil tank explosion sent a column of flame billowing into the night sky here Saturday, but no one was seriously injured, authorities said.

About 8:45 p.m., an oil tank battery caught fire and exploded near the intersection of S Railroad and E Choctaw, said police dispatcher Suzanne Moore.
Several blocks surrounding the explosion were evacuated, and traffic was rerouted. A firefighter battling the blaze suffered a minor knee injury, Moore said. By10 p.m. Saturday, the blaze was mostly contained, Moore said. Firefighters were still spraying foam on it, but the oil supply had been cut off.

Petro-Sooner
6/4/2007, 01:27 PM
So this means prices are going to go up. Sweet. ;) :texan:

OklahomaTuba
6/4/2007, 02:36 PM
Why is that?

They reported that one of Tulsa's refineries was burning down last week, causing crude to shoot up .50.

Of course, the refinery was fine.

soonerboomer93
6/4/2007, 06:12 PM
Well I have to say this. the things they get away with on a rig floor would get any other industry shut down!

trust me, it's a lot safer in the us then other countries

we had to bring in full body harnesses for construction because they still use safety belts here...

oumartin
6/4/2007, 07:29 PM
That may be true but having worked in places where they actually take safety seriously I was amazed when I first stepped onto a location and I am shocked everyday I work in this fields that deaths and explosions aren't more common.

Of course this story now is about a tank battery..

soonerboomer93
6/4/2007, 07:50 PM
Heh, one of the engineers I work with is chinese, he basically told me they don't value human lifes above that of any other animal. He did some diagram about how many dna strands a human has versus a pig. Pigs have something like 1 more dna pair then humans (I didn't check the science it was just his logic) and we eat pigs, so why is human life more important...

usmc-sooner
6/4/2007, 07:53 PM
I got a pair for your chinese friend.

Mongo
6/4/2007, 07:54 PM
A dude on Bronco 9 got his head smashed when the tongs' safety cable got loose. He was killed instantly. Bronco executives order the "random" drug test of all the crews. They lost an equivalent of a shift and a half.

The dude that died also tested positive. No family benefits whatsoever.

soonerboomer93
6/4/2007, 08:02 PM
Heck, they just had a man crushed by a beam when a tack weld failed (not here, but another yard near here).

Mongo
6/4/2007, 08:11 PM
Heck, they just had a man crushed by a beam when a tack weld failed (not here, but another yard near here).

frat as a frapjack

soonerboomer93
6/4/2007, 08:29 PM
yeah, ****ed up the scaffolding and a cherry picker pretty good too...

oumartin
6/4/2007, 08:53 PM
Construction industry is where OSHA gets 90% of their regulations. Construction injuries and fatalities.

1stTimeCaller
6/4/2007, 11:08 PM
It always amazes me that the company gets fined and not the employee when someone falls from a step ladder that was being used as an extension ladder and other stuff like that.

If Bronco tested all of their employees in SE OK they would be missing 90% of their workforce. Those are by far the most dangerous rigs and crews I have worked around. The crews are strung out and their iron is falling apart.

That said, the next time I'm on Patterson 68 and one of their dickhead toolpushers tells me I can't have my cellphone in my pocket, a ring on my finger or a wrist watch on, I'm throwing their microwave and coffee pot in the doghouse off of the rig floor.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/5/2007, 08:52 AM
They reported that one of Tulsa's refineries was burning down last week, causing crude to shoot up .50.

Of course, the refinery was fine.

I heard about this, How can you get a report of a refinery on fire WRONG? I mean, there is usually lots of fire and black smoke...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/5/2007, 08:53 AM
Heh, one of the engineers I work with is chinese, he basically told me they don't value human lifes above that of any other animal. He did some diagram about how many dna strands a human has versus a pig. Pigs have something like 1 more dna pair then humans (I didn't check the science it was just his logic) and we eat pigs, so why is human life more important...

F the Chinese... those are some cold people. Though I have to deal with that view point all the time. People are cheaper than equipment, in fact, equipment must be spared, people OTOH are expendable. Same way in Russia.