6. Kansas State
7. Oklahoma St.
8. Texas
9. Texas Tech
10. Missouri
11. Baylor
12. Kansas

#5 - Oklahoma

Why: Like A&M, the Sooners will face Miami. However, the Hurricanes go to Norman. OU gets the majority of its strongest Big 12 opponents at home, too.

Toughest game: It's Texas. It's always Texas. That mid-year clash always seems to run in cycles, and the Longhorns have won the last two.

Cakewalk: The Sooners should complete September with a flourish. In a three-week span, OU plays Utah State, Tulsa and Colorado. Utah State and Colorado combined for three victories in 2006. Yeah, Tulsa won eight, but does anyone think OU will lose to Tulsa? Not with Bob Stoops on the sideline.

Trap game: OU rarely loses in Norman, but when Missouri visits on Oct. 13 the Sooners better not have a hangover from the previous week's game against Texas. Oklahoma was good, but not great against the pass last year. The Tigers can throw the ball around pretty well. Offensively, OU figures to overpower Missouri, but if the Sooners aren't sharp there could be some serious nail-biting going on in Memorial Stadium.

Changes from last season: The non-conference schedule certainly got easier with no road trip to Oregon. Miami is the marquee non-league game, but the Hurricanes must come to Norman. North Texas, Utah State and Tulsa don't figure to be much of a problem. The Sooners get Missouri, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State at home.

Rivals lists OU as the toughest game for 5 different Big XII teams...

Full List (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=679449)

OSUAggie
6/4/2007, 12:02 PM
Someone's going to have to explain to me why the schedules of Iowa State and Texas A&M are ranked that high.

yermom
6/4/2007, 12:09 PM
they could play Baylor all season and their schedule could be that high

Newbomb Turk
6/4/2007, 12:10 PM
Someone's going to have to explain to me why the schedules of Iowa State and Texas A&M are ranked that high.

click on the link. Under those two teams read the "why" part.

OSUAggie
6/4/2007, 12:13 PM
click on the link. Under those two teams read the "why" part.

Yah, that explanation didn't satisfy.

colleyvillesooner
6/4/2007, 12:13 PM

Probably because they play OU, Miami, Neb, Mizzou, and Tech on the road.

yermom
6/4/2007, 12:14 PM
Colorado State
at Arizona State
Florida State
Miami (Ohio)

CU could have a rough season in store for them...

i think the fact that they are going to Nebraska has to do with why ISU and aTm are so high, ISU playing N. Iowa and Iowa should be pretty tough, other than going to Miami aTm's schedule doesn't look that tough... (granted i am mostly looking at OOC, yikes those road games will be tough)

Octavian
6/4/2007, 12:17 PM
Good chance for the Big XII to boost its national image with some big OOC games....

OSU @ Georgia

Miami @ OU

A&M @ Miami

USC @ Nebraska

Florida St. @ Colorado

or completely crash and burn...

OSUAggie
6/4/2007, 12:26 PM
.... In addition to that:

K-State - Auburn
Huskers - Wake
Colorado - Arizona State
Colorado - CSU
ISU - Iowa
Mizzou - Illinois
Mizzou - Ole Miss
OU - Tulsa
OSU - Troy

Those games will go a long way in determining how the national media 'views' the Big XII since they'll likely be (or already are) nat'l TV games against name teams or teams from name conferences.

NormanPride
6/4/2007, 12:31 PM
I'm going to predict an Illinois upset over Mizzou this year. Don't ask me why, I just feel it.

dougsooner
6/4/2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking ABC will make that OSU vs. Troy the Sat. night game of the week....:rolleyes:

Octavian
6/4/2007, 12:44 PM
I'm going to predict an Illinois upset over Mizzou this year. Don't ask me why, I just feel it.

yeah, I'm not buying them in Norman being our trap game either.

The Tech game in Lubbock should be interesting....returning to the scene of the crime and looking for some revenge. If the ball bounces our way, we could be undefeated and Leach's offense should be clicking by the end of the year.

I also wanna see if Callahan will try to do something against USC other than take the air out of the ball...that game in Lincoln will be a good measuring stick as to their progress as a program. It'll be tough, but he still doesn't have that marquee win that defines his program yet. If he doesn't get it against SC, then when? They have to go to Austin, so I doubt that'll happen either.

freshchris05
6/4/2007, 12:46 PM
Good chance for the Big XII to boost its national image with some big OOC games....

OSU @ Georgia

Miami @ OU

A&M @ Miami

USC @ Nebraska

Florida St. @ Colorado

or completely crash and burn...

I would love the big XII to sweep all those marquee games... i would love to georgia get stunned by aggie, because they are from the mighty sec and i would be happy to see usc get lost in nebbish's sea of red...

i know our team can beat miami and being at home is a plus so i have complete trust that we will beat the 'canes, but as far as everyone else it might not look so well... but i do want to see that sweep...

oumartin
6/4/2007, 01:18 PM
I'm going to predict an Illinois upset over Mizzou this year. Don't ask me why, I just feel it

Gary Pinkel!

King Crimson
6/4/2007, 01:27 PM
maybe it's my paranoia of actually losing to them and deep pain it would introduce into my daily life, but i don't like the CU game the week before the RRS. i'd call that the "trap game" over playing a pretty good MU team.

JohnnyMack
6/4/2007, 01:28 PM
Stoops is still undefeated after Saxet if I'm not mistaken. No dice on the Mizzou trap game. I say LosuR is the trap game.

IronSooner
6/4/2007, 01:29 PM

Depends on whether the Illini have figured out how to complete a forward pass. Watching their spring game wasn't exactly encouraging from a defensive standpoint, so it's probably going to come down to how far Juice Williams can take them (and if a receiver or two can step up)

I'd take Mizzou.

yermom
6/4/2007, 01:29 PM
lOSUr in Norman?

only if our QB succs

JohnnyMack
6/4/2007, 01:30 PM
lOSUr in Norman?

only if our QB succs

Go steal a chainsaw or something.

illinisooner
6/4/2007, 01:34 PM

I hope you're right! Offensively, it's probably a wash, but Mizzou has the edge defensively, at least that early in the year. It should be a shootout, something like 38-31. Interestingly enough, the Illini led the Big 10 in rushing last year, and they return pretty much all the key contributors on the line and backfield. Juice should be a much better passer, and the defense has some real talented freshman coming in. A .500 season would do wonders for the program.

OSUAggie
6/4/2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking ABC will make that OSU vs. Troy the Sat. night game of the week....:rolleyes:

It's already picked up for ESPN on a Friday night. :rolleyes:

PLaw
6/4/2007, 01:58 PM
I also wanna see if Callahan will try to do something against USC other than take the air out of the ball...that game in Lincoln will be a good measuring stick as to their progress as a program. It'll be tough, but he still doesn't have that marquee win that defines his program yet. If he doesn't get it against SC, then when? They have to go to Austin, so I doubt that'll happen either.

SC should be at least a 2 TD favorite. If Nebraska keeps it within 4 TD's, then I'll be amazed. Of course, I'm always amazed at the things that happen in college football.

I guess we will be rooting for the "Red" of the North.

BOOMER SOONER
GO BIG RED - the true Big RED in Norman.
PLAW

goingoneight
6/4/2007, 07:42 PM
It's already picked up for ESPN on a Friday night. :rolleyes:

You... DO know that this isn't the same "Troy" Matt Leinart played for, right?

OUstud
6/4/2007, 11:59 PM

I wouldn't go that far, although Juice Williams' name alone is reason enough to like Illinois. But I do think WF will beat Nebraska, CU will go 2-10 again (including getting at least 70 hung on them by TT), Texass gets the crap scared out of them at UCF, and Texas State will beat Baylor.

yermom
6/5/2007, 12:03 AM
no one punks a non-conference patsy like Texass

if Baylor can somehow beat TCU, i could see them making a bowl

TexasLidig8r
6/5/2007, 09:28 AM
if Baylor can somehow beat TCU, i could see them making a bowl

This is such a trap game for Reptile aggy. TCU's entire season is focused on beating Texas in week two. TCU knows if they beat Texas, they get national recognition, a big jump in the polls and serious BCS consideration. Their fans are talking about the game in Austin, they already have their little "t-shirts" made, their fans are dissin' OU big time ("Beware Texas, remember how we beat OU in Norman just 2 years ago.. it's your turn now!").

If they look past Baylor, their "Season of All Seasons" could go up in flames in week one.

MiccoMacey
6/5/2007, 10:16 AM
"SWM looking for independently wealthy nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store."

Hey Lid...my brother owns a liquor store. Oh, and he's a deaf mute, to boot. I'll ask give him your IP address.

:D

SoonerShel
6/6/2007, 01:39 PM
---------
If i was you Normanpride i would not put money on that prediction. I think missouri will be better then you think.

NormanPride
6/6/2007, 03:03 PM
I don't know why I'm predicting that upset. Mizzou will most likely win comfortably. But wouldn't I look cool if I was right?