PDA

View Full Version : Boo-Yeah

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 09:11 PM
I just aced my futures, options, and derivatives final. I have two short papers, and an exit exam to do and then I have a Master's Degree. It feels good to be this close to being done with schooling.

King Crimson
6/3/2007, 09:15 PM
man you guys go late. what kind of exit exam?

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 09:20 PM
I just aced my futures, options, and derivatives final. I have two short papers, and an exit exam to do and then I have a Master's Degree. It feels good to be this close to being done with schooling.

Good job, man. Seriously. Congratulations.

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 09:25 PM
man you guys go late. what kind of exit exam?
These are online classes that I am wrapping up. UNL has a well-developed online curriculum that evolved out of our ties to Offut Air Force base. UNL has been offering flexible masters classes to the Air Force for a long time, and they opened it up to everyone else to build up flexiblity. We have some field test that they require us to take to see how much we learned more than anything. There is a low minimum requirement now because somebody just answered C to everything a couple of years ago.

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 09:26 PM
Good job, man. Seriously. Congratulations.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Now I just need to find a job and avoid being homeless in a month.

AggieTool
6/3/2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. Now I just need to find a job and avoid being homeless in a month.

It's tough man, it's tough.

Networking is the key.

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 09:31 PM
It's tough man, it's tough.

Networking is the key.
I am finding that out.

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 09:33 PM

I've got an opening. :)

King Crimson
6/3/2007, 09:34 PM
These are online classes that I am wrapping up. UNL has a well-developed online curriculum that evolved out of our ties to Offut Air Force base. UNL has been offering flexible masters classes to the Air Force for a long time, and they opened it up to everyone else to build up flexiblity. We have some field test that they require us to take to see how much we learned more than anything. There is a low minimum requirement now because somebody just answered C to everything a couple of years ago.

that's interesting. the ag/state schools were really progressive in terms of early "distance learning" and were given a pretty nice chunk of spectrum space as far back as 1934 (i think) for radio education.

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 09:35 PM
I've got an opening. :)
If nothing Ag related shows in the next couple of weeks. I may have to consider it. Right now, I am slated to run a major ethanol economics study for 6 months if the North Central Land Grand University Association approves it sometime in June. If not I have another couple of things I am looking at, but I hope this project pans out because it would be great for my resume and networking.

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 09:37 PM
that's interesting. the ag/state schools were really progressive in terms of early "distance learning" and were given a pretty nice chunk of spectrum space as far back as 1934 (i think) for radio education.
I think it goes along with extension being one of our key missions. All the folk I work with on a daily basis do a lot of publishing through our extension programs as well as the typical array of journals.

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 09:38 PM
If nothing Ag related shows in the next couple of weeks. I may have to consider it. Right now, I am slated to run a major ethanol economics study for 6 months if the North Central Land Grand University Association approves it sometime in June. If not I have another couple of things I am looking at, but I hope this project pans out because it would be great for my resume and networking.

I'll pay ya $15 hour base plus commissions. ;)

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 09:40 PM
I'll pay ya $15 hour base plus commissions. ;)
Wow, real money instead of seal pelts? I'm impressed.

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 09:45 PM
What do you think the commissions are?

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 09:47 PM
What do you think the commissions are?
Point taken.

TUSooner
6/3/2007, 10:30 PM
Good for you. Your mom and I are so proud!

But seriously - nice job & good luck.

soonerboomer93
6/3/2007, 11:08 PM
hold out for the baby seal pelts man, those are worth more

critical_phil
6/3/2007, 11:17 PM
hold out for the baby seal pelts man, those are worth more

and have 1TC ship you some baby grilling sauce.

i'm sure it works for baby seals, too....