PDA

View Full Version : My prayers have been answered!

MamaMia
6/3/2007, 06:02 PM
Finally after 16 years of retirement, my father is moving closer to home. He spent 8 years in the Pennsylvania mountains, miles and miles away from anything or anyone except maybe some Sasquatch. :P

Then after that he moved to Florida and got a beach home on the water. Now he has decided to get an A Frame on Table Rock Lake in Missouri . We are all so happy that he will be closer to us now. :D

Here's the view from his new back yard.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/IMG_00562.jpg

sooner_born_1960
6/3/2007, 06:04 PM
Good for you and your family.

Tailwind
6/3/2007, 06:11 PM
Glad you like your dad. If mine moved closer to me, I'd move to New Jersey.

BajaOklahoma
6/3/2007, 06:12 PM
How wonderful that he's been able to do what he wanted for retirement. And that he is going to be closer. That is a beautiful area.

Rogue
6/3/2007, 06:18 PM
Good for you MM!

Newbomb Turk
6/3/2007, 06:51 PM
Good for you Mama - that's great. :)

ChickSoonerFan
6/3/2007, 09:38 PM
That is beautiful! Good for you all!!!

I would like my dad to live closer, he lives down in Mexico, retired and by himself mostly which makes me nervous.

But his idea of living closer is in an RV in my backyard, seriously, which makes me even more nervous.

I wish we could find a reasonable compromise that he can afford.

sanantoniosooner
6/3/2007, 09:50 PM
I bet he'll get tired of seeing those "Duck Tours"

http://www.bransonducks.com/

VeeJay
6/3/2007, 10:00 PM
"Little girl" - good for you.

Count your blessings.

MamaMia
6/3/2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys. It was a lonely feeling not being able to see him but once a year, unless OU was in Florida. Not all of the kids could travel that far away at once but now we can all spend more time together. There will be more hugs, more BBQs, more holidays together, more heated debates, more boat rides and celebrations. :)

This is a photo of the A Frame they just bought. Daddy said it needs some work and some sprucing up, but we can all pitch in. I'll be happy to mow the lawn. :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/IMG_0068_1_51.jpg

Widescreen
6/3/2007, 10:11 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/IMG_00562.jpg
That's awesome.

All that's missing is Henry Fonda and Katherine Hepburn. Your dad's name wouldn't happen to be Norman would it? :D

VeeJay
6/3/2007, 10:16 PM
Mama - I am thinking you are going to be serving some wonderful pies and cakes in that A-frame.

TUSooner
6/3/2007, 10:27 PM
Good for you - and him!

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 09:23 AM
Thank you all for being happy for me. For the first time since the morning after someone thought I was one of the my grand babies mother, I woke up with butterflies. :P

I'm already planning a big Christmas at the Lake. Daddy said he's had a buyer lined up for the beach house for quite some time, so he and my stepmother should be on the road headed for Table Rock by the end of June! :D

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 12:13 PM
Yea Mom :D

HskrGrl
6/4/2007, 03:36 PM
What a beautiful view!! That is great that he is moving closer to you. I'm sure it will bring your family that much closer. :) We are trying to convince my mil and fil to move to Omaha once my fil retires. My mil is all for it, but my fil is hesitant. I am most definitely a family person and would love to have all of my family living in the same town. (Which is why I'm sad that we just moved 1700 miles away from them). There is nothing more important in this world (second to God) than our families!!

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 03:46 PM
What a beautiful view!! That is great that he is moving closer to you. I'm sure it will bring your family that much closer. :) We are trying to convince my mil and fil to move to Omaha once my fil retires. My mil is all for it, but my fil is hesitant. I am most definitely a family person and would love to have all of my family living in the same town. (Which is why I'm sad that we just moved 1700 miles away from them). There is nothing more important in this world (second to God) than our families!! Thats for sure; and our dear friends. :)

This would include my Husker sister, her Husker husband and their 1 out of 2 husker children. The other is a Sooner, because he loves his Auntie. ;)

We also have several horns, some Texas Aggies, 4 Texas Raiders and 1 poke. :O

Yes, there will be lots of pie throwing...er, I mean eating, in that lake house of Daddy's.

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 03:53 PM
I must be Blessed Mom
EVERY one In my Family Is a SOONER fan , Or no fan at all of any other team . :D

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 04:09 PM
I must be Blessed Mom
EVERY one In my Family Is a SOONER fan , Or no fan at all of any other team . :DYou are truly blessed but I try to see the humor in my situation. Every once in a while my husband will invite my Longhorn cousin who is also his best friend, and his Texas Aggie wife, to a Red River Shootout game. We get a big chuckle out of watching her cheer for the Sooners with us. We sit in the OU section, so the horn cousin just sits there quietly, even when the horns score. Its hilarious to watch. :D

The winner has to buy the beer, so if they win the game we glare at him, shake his hand and say, "Good game. Now buy us our beer." :cool:

Petro-Sooner
6/4/2007, 04:14 PM
You are truly blessed but I try to see the humor in my situation. Every once in a while my husband will invite my Longhorn cousin who is also his best friend, and his Texas Aggie wife, to a Red River Shootout game. We get a big chuckle out of watching her cheer for the Sooners with us. We sit in the OU section, so the horn cousin just sits there quietly, even when the horns score. Its hilarious to watch. :D

The winner has to buy the beer, so if they win the game we glare at him, shake his hand and say, "Good game. Now buy us our beer." :cool:

I would laugh by butt off. Knowing he wants to celebrate but cant.

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 04:15 PM
You are truly blessed but I try to see the humor in my situation. Every once in a while my husband will invite my Longhorn cousin who is also his best friend, and his Texas Aggie wife, to a Red River Shootout game. We get a big chuckle out of watching her cheer for the Sooners with us. We sit in the OU section, so the horn cousin just sits there quietly, even when the horns score. Its hilarious to watch. :D

You INVITE :texan: s and aggies to a RRS :eek:
Iffin Ya need Company Call me Ill glady Buy the beer :D

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 04:20 PM
I would laugh my butt off. Knowing he wants to celebrate but cant.
I yell "Cheaters!" and give him the evil eye, if they get a flag. :P

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 04:23 PM
You INVITE :texan: s and aggies to a RRS :eek:
Iffin Ya need Company Call me Ill glady Buy the beer :D
That would be fun too, but on game day its really nice having your own horn to pick on. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/little_devil_winks.gif

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 04:25 PM
That would be fun too, but on game day its really nice having your own horn to pick on. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/little_devil_winks.gif
So Ill act like a :texan:
Oh **** NO :mad:

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 04:50 PM
So Ill act like a :texan:
Oh **** NO :mad:
You don't have it in ya, and anyway, we all like you as a Sooner. :)

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 05:07 PM
You don't have it in ya, and anyway, we all like you as a Sooner. :)
So does that mean I get an Invite ? :D