Ever Hear the song " Poke Salad Annie " ?:mad:
Now Im takin My drunky azz to bed !:D

Mongo
6/3/2007, 06:15 AM
I have heard of a tossed salad then a poke
Am I still a f'in hillbilly?:D

MamaMia
6/3/2007, 10:49 AM
I have made poke salad and my name ain't Annie. I know this to be true because the fever dudn't got me, and neither did the gator. :P

soonerhubs
6/3/2007, 11:59 AM
You cook poke salad if I remember right.

MamaMia
6/3/2007, 12:31 PM
You cook poke salad if I remember right.
Yes, and its real easy to make. My mama made it in the spring. My uncle Georgio grew it for her from Polk weed seed he had harvested while in South Carolina. You have to boil it, rinse it and drain it 3 times. That was always my part. :D

Then you just stir fry it with some cut up bacon, and some pecans. Sprinkle a boiled egg over it when you serve it. Dress it with a balsamic vinaigrette or douse it with Cajun Chef cayenne peppered vinegar. Its also called Polk Salet.

Newbomb Turk
6/3/2007, 01:45 PM
I know what it is....now. Still doesn't sound good though.

MamaMia
6/3/2007, 02:00 PM
I know what it is....now. Still doesn't sound good though.That recipe is good with white fish. I like it plain, without the pecans, served a little butter, salt and pepper, and a dash of Cajun Chef vinegar, as a side dish with pinto beans and crackling jalepano cornbread. :)

Oh, and chocolate cake with white icing for dessert. :P

Flagstaffsooner
6/3/2007, 03:29 PM
Sounds poisonous. I'll stick with my oleander casserole.

Zbird
6/3/2007, 03:40 PM
Iffen Ya dont Know what Poke Salad Is
Ever Hear the song " Poke Salad Annie " ?:mad:
Now Im takin My drunky azz to bed !:D

'Gators got your Granny

Rogue
6/3/2007, 06:21 PM
Any a y'all ever had ramps?

Newbomb Turk
6/3/2007, 07:16 PM

not this hillbilly.

MamaMia
6/3/2007, 07:56 PM
I plead the fifth. :O

HskrGrl
6/3/2007, 08:03 PM
I guess I'm not an f'ing hillbilly. Does that really surprise you?

Newbomb Turk
6/3/2007, 08:05 PM

your football coach wouldn't approve if you were.

;)

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 09:32 AM
The verdict isn't out on that just yet. Might I ask if you have ever tossed or rolled oranges onto a football field while being accused of "throwing fruit" at a group of not-so-good football players? :P

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 11:41 AM
Had a big ole plate Of poke salad , sliced maters and cucumbers . and some bacon fer supper last Night . Good stuff .

HskrGrl
6/4/2007, 12:52 PM
The verdict isn't out on that just yet. Might I ask if you have ever tossed or rolled oranges onto a football field while being accused of "throwing fruit" at a group of not-so-good football players? :P

Even though I had the opportunity to do just that back in most of the 90's decade I controled myself. ;)

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 01:07 PM
Even though I had the opportunity to do just that back in most of the 90's decade I controled myself. ;)
~Gasp! Are you talking smack? :eek:

[Callahan] http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/callahan2.gif [Callahan]

HskrGrl
6/4/2007, 03:24 PM
~Gasp! Are you talking smack? :eek:

[Callahan] http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/callahan2.gif [Callahan]

Oh come on. We all know he wasn't doing the throat slash. He was saying "I've had it up to here!" Isn't that how everyone motions when when they tell their kids that? :confused:

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 04:05 PM
Poke Salad people , Poke salad
Try to concentrate

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 04:15 PM
Oh come on. We all know he wasn't doing the throat slash. He was saying "I've had it up to here!" Isn't that how everyone motions when when they tell their kids that? :confused:No, no, no. Parents have it all the way to the forehead area. :D

So, whats your explanation about the obscene finger gesture? :pop:

HskrGrl
6/4/2007, 06:04 PM
No, no, no. Parents have it all the way to the forehead area. :D

So, whats your explanation about the obscene finger gesture? :pop:

Yes, I would have to agree. Today is starting to feel like one of those days here actually. As for the finger.... well I believe he was exceedingly frustrated with the team and the fans. And instead of airing his disappointment in a constructive way he chose a abrupt, immature, and inappropriate way of showing his disapproval. When what he should of done was to take a moment to calm himself and collect his thoughts before proceeding with a more mature course of action.

soonerboomer93
6/4/2007, 06:06 PM
i am not a f'in hillbilly...

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 06:42 PM
i am not a f'in hillbilly...
:P :P :P :P :P :P

C&CDean
6/4/2007, 06:48 PM
My good buddy olevet would **** if he saw all the dead poke on my place. I sprayed the life out of it with Banvel & 2-4-D. Back where there were old brush piles I had poke growing 6 feet high. Cows won't touch it, and I can only eat so much.....so, spray that **** down. It's amazing how quick that herbicide works on poke. Ragweed, pepper weeds, broomweed, etc. takes a couple weeks to die out. Poke literally folds up and croaks within about an hour or two of spraying.

And just to be clear, I'm in the cow business, not the poke business.

Mjcpr
6/4/2007, 06:51 PM

If you'd been borned an aggy, you could've been both at the same time.

C&CDean
6/4/2007, 06:55 PM
If you'd been borned an aggy, you could've been both at the same time.

That's funny Pat. Now I think I should bane you for that ****ing avatar.

Mjcpr
6/4/2007, 06:57 PM
That's funny Pat. Now I think I should bane you for that ****ing avatar.

:D

Booty gave it to me! Now I'm 0 for my last 2 avatars. :D

C&CDean
6/4/2007, 07:02 PM
Well you oughta know better than to run with the fork Booty gave you hanging outta your mouth.

MamaMia
6/4/2007, 07:54 PM
:O I wasn't going to say anything, but since the subject has been brought up...

That is a really awful avatar Mjcpr. Its even worse than Howzits former avatar. Plus, it doesn't suit you well. You are nicer than your avatar. :)

olevetonahill
6/4/2007, 08:46 PM
My good buddy olevet would **** if he saw all the dead poke on my place. I sprayed the life out of it with Banvel & 2-4-D. Back where there were old brush piles I had poke growing 6 feet high. Cows won't touch it, and I can only eat so much.....so, spray that **** down. It's amazing how quick that herbicide works on poke. Ragweed, pepper weeds, broomweed, etc. takes a couple weeks to die out. Poke literally folds up and croaks within about an hour or two of spraying.

Be fore Ya kill that shat next year Can ya save me some ?:D