PDA

View Full Version : Today was beautiful

1stTimeCaller
6/2/2007, 11:23 PM
I went fishing today. We left at 3 and I just got home. My buddy has a 45 acre pond that we put his pontoon boat on and got after it. The weather was perfect, no wind and sunny. It's hard to beat a fishing rod in one hand and a beer in the other.

It was fun watching the sun go down over I-35 while we were just drinking beer and enjoying life.

I caught zero fish but the bumper sticker is correct, the worst day fishing is better than the best day at work.

royalfan5
6/2/2007, 11:25 PM
I'm glad you've enjoyed it, but I have never seen the attraction in fishing.

olevetonahill
6/2/2007, 11:28 PM
Poontang , Going down and Beer ? Works for me .

Blue
6/2/2007, 11:29 PM
Love fishing. Absolutely right 1st time. A fishing rod in one hand and a beer in another just soaking up mother nature. My favorite spot for relaxing fishing is on a pier on Mobile Bay catching white trout all day. For more sport, you can't beat deep sea.

Mongo
6/2/2007, 11:37 PM
I bet yall recreated the love scene from Titanic too.

olevetonahill
6/2/2007, 11:40 PM
I forgot to mention the " Gettin after it " part
My bad

1stTimeCaller
6/2/2007, 11:47 PM
I'm glad you've enjoyed it, but I have never seen the attraction in fishing.
The fishing is secondary. The fun part for me is being on the water enjoying the weather and good friends. Not having a care in the world.

royalfan5
6/2/2007, 11:49 PM
The fishing is secondary. The fun part for me is being on the water enjoying the weather and good friends. Not having a care in the world.
So I exactly what I experience at a baseball game in Kauffman Stadium.

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 12:17 AM

Strangely enough, that's what the players experience as well.

King Crimson
6/3/2007, 12:19 AM

sounds just like trying to be a Rockies fan.

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 12:21 AM
sounds just like trying to be a Rockies fan.
really it's any baseball game for me. It's just that Kauffman is the best place to see a game.

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 12:31 AM
Fenway was pretty sweet, dude.

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 12:33 AM
Fenway was pretty sweet, dude.
The Red Sox are like the flipper baby offspring of the Yankees and Cubs.

olevetonahill
6/3/2007, 12:35 AM
How In the Hell do we go from Fishin , Beer drinkin , Punanny , To ****ing baseball ?:eek:

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 12:35 AM

The Royals are like the flipper-headed offspring of three flipper-handed children of thalidomide babies.

olevetonahill
6/3/2007, 12:37 AM
The Royals are like the flipper-headed offspring of three flipper-handed children of thalidomide babies.
:mad:
fishing , drinkin , ****ing . Does not = BB :confused:

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 12:37 AM
In the scale of things I hate it goes like this:Scott Stapp<Red Sox<Bin Laden<Nazi's<Our National Ethanol Policy<Communintariansism<Misc. other stuff that I really don't mind.

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 12:39 AM
See, the funny thing is I'm not really a Red Sox fan at all.

However, even Padre fans can make fun of the Royals.

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 12:40 AM
See, the funny thing is I'm not really a Red Sox fan at all.

However, even Padre fans can make fun of the Royals.
At least the Royals have a World Series to their name.

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 12:41 AM
That's nice.

At least the Padres have won their division this century.

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 12:42 AM
Though to be completely fair, it's likely that the Royals could at least make a serious run at the NL West.

olevetonahill
6/3/2007, 12:42 AM
Mike You an Royal are Pervs !:P

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 12:44 AM
That's nice.

At least the Padres have won their division this century.
Woo. a division title. The Royals almost managed to win one too, with a handful of major league players. Plus, I seem to remember the Padres having a nice stretch as the least competent franchise in baseball in the 1990's. Plus they let the Royals pick up a talent closer for free this offseason which I appreciate.

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 12:45 AM
See post 21. Sheesh.

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 12:46 AM
See post 21. Sheesh.
It wasn't up when I started typing.

OUinFLA
6/3/2007, 07:28 AM
Woo. a division title. The Royals almost managed to win one too, with a handful of major league players. Plus, I seem to remember the Padres having a nice stretch as the least competent franchise in baseball in the 1990's. Plus they let the Royals pick up a talent closer for free this offseason which I appreciate.

I think that title is annually secured by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Scott D
6/3/2007, 09:08 AM
wow a thread where a pot shot was taken at the padres and 04 didn't show up....he must be sick or something ;)

BillyBall
6/3/2007, 09:18 AM
As for Cub fans we have the title of "most embarrassing franchise in baseball".... Lou may not make it through the season.

MamaMia
6/3/2007, 09:24 AM
I love to fish. As a child, I loved fishing with my father for salmon and trout out of Russell Creek near Cold Bay Alaska. It was so peaceful surrounded by the Mountains and Volcano's; of course we always had to be on the look out for bear.

Beef
6/3/2007, 09:28 AM
As for Cub fans we have the title of "most embarrassing franchise in baseball".... Lou may not make it through the season.
Texas Rangers would be the correct answer for most embarrassing franchise in baseball.

Beef
6/3/2007, 09:29 AM
And fishing is the ****. One of the greatest things ever invented. Especially fishing on acid.

BillyBall
6/3/2007, 09:46 AM
Texas Rangers would be the correct answer for most embarrassing franchise in baseball.

I cant disagree with the embarrassing nature of the Rangers but I do feel we still rule as the kings of pathetic... We blame lack of success on Goats, Bartman, day games, etc.

I usually am not ****ed off about a season until the end of June, but this little 6 game losing streak, which included a dugout/clubhouse throwdown, has pushed that up by a few weeks....

King Crimson
6/3/2007, 09:50 AM
i gave up on the Rangers in about 6th grade. my life has been better since. remember the Richie Zisk trade, Tom Henke? and on and on and on. Dave Stewart?

Rockies are making a push at super suckitude, but at least they are in the NL. my grandad used to listen to Stan Musial's Cardinals on KMOX....i listen to Rockies middle relievers get knocked around the yard on a nightly basis.

i'm *this close* to going back to being a Cardinals fan. the Rox have worn me out. they are fraud. only Cubs fans are more pathetic.

OUinFLA
6/3/2007, 01:11 PM
I love to fish. As a child, I loved fishing with my father for salmon and trout out of Russell Creek near Cold Bay Alaska. It was so peaceful surrounded by the Mountains and Volcano's; of course we always had to be on the look out for bear.

Second only to Elvis, there are more reported sightings of Paul "Bear" Bryant than anyone else. But, you're the first I ever heard from who was looking for him in Alaska before he was alledgedly reported as dead.

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 01:19 PM
"I negotiated the purchase of Alaska from Russia."-Paul "Bear" Bryant.

HskrGrl
6/3/2007, 07:28 PM
Yesterday was beautiful! We went fishing on Lake Washington and then had lunch down on Puget Sound.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/jessisfarks/pugetsound2.jpg
Then we went up to Mt. Rainier (a volcano)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/jessisfarks/mtrainier2.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/jessisfarks/mtrainier3.jpg

Last Saturday was beautiful too. We went fishing on Jackson Lake at the foot of the Grand Tetons.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/jessisfarks/fishing1.jpg
That's my husband and sons out in that little boat.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/jessisfarks/fishing8.jpg

Just to add in something about baseball... we thought about getting tickets to last night Mariner's game, but decided to go up to Mt. Rainier instead. We did go by the stadium, though. :)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/jessisfarks/safecoqweststadiums.jpg

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 07:52 PM
Issaquah, huh? Beautiful country.

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 07:52 PM
Do you know what makes Mountains ugly? The fact that you can't grow corn and beans on them.

HskrGrl
6/3/2007, 08:00 PM
Issaquah, huh? Beautiful country.

Have you been out here before? It is beautiful. It's going to take me a while to figure out how to get around, though. And the traffic on the interstate scares me!

Do you know what makes Mountains ugly? The fact that you can't grow corn and beans on them.

On the way out here as we were driving out of Nebraska and I was still pretty upset that we were moving I said to my husband "The mountains are beautiful, but it's all a bunch of useless land." They actually grow corn, potates, alfalfa, onions, and peas on the eastern side of Washington. Of course there's no mountains out there.

soonerboomer93
6/3/2007, 08:05 PM
And fishing is the ****. One of the greatest things ever invented. Especially fishing on acid.

I spend almost everynight fishing...

soonerboomer93
6/3/2007, 08:10 PM
I love living in the mountains though. I like the ocean too, but that's part of why I like korea, i have pseudo mountains, and I live on an inland and can see the bay from my apartment

Frozen Sooner
6/3/2007, 09:07 PM
Have you been out here before? It is beautiful. It's going to take me a while to figure out how to get around, though. And the traffic on the interstate scares me!

Yep, I get out that way all the time. My dad and stepmom live in Olympia, and Dad does a ton of contract work for Issaquah ISD. I'm Pac NW born and raised.

Rhino
6/4/2007, 01:17 AM
We went to Texoma this weekend.

Got up at 4am Saturday to get some shad. Got our lake licenses at 6am. Fished from 6:30am to noon. Between the five of us, we caught 55 striper (kept about 45). I caught a 24-incher. Made for some good eatin' that night.

Mongo
6/4/2007, 05:56 AM
We went to Texoma this weekend.

Got up at 4am Saturday to get some shad. Got our lake licenses at 6am. Fished from 6:30am to noon. Between the five of us, we caught 55 striper (kept about 45). I caught a 24-incher. Made for some good eatin' that night.

Sounds like my inlaws do. What part of Texoma did yall hit up?

Rhino
6/4/2007, 10:02 AM
We stayed in my friend's fiance's parent's cabin on the Texas side, NE of Whitesboro and got in the water at Walnut Creek.

Honestly, without being able to recognize any of the now-underwater islands, I don't know where our fishing hole was. We drove around so much looking for one and when we finally found it, you could barely recognize any islands.

Mongo
6/4/2007, 10:52 AM
We stayed in my friend's fiance's parent's cabin on the Texas side, NE of Whitesboro and got in the water at Walnut Creek.

Honestly, without being able to recognize any of the now-underwater islands, I don't know where our fishing hole was. We drove around so much looking for one and when we finally found it, you could barely recognize any islands.

That is a great area of Texoma.

We spend alot of time around Fobb bottom and a couple of miles west of the Willis bridge.

I always hear the inlaws complain about the fishing conditions all the time. But unlike you or I fishing for fun, they fish to survive