PDA

View Full Version : I hate these commercials with a passion

sanantoniosooner
6/2/2007, 04:53 PM
Avis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCrd7wK4YtM)
Wendy's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE67PHlPO4I)

royalfan5
6/2/2007, 04:55 PM
I hate the Sonic commercials, but I think it is mostly cause they run every half inning during Royals games. That and they are dumb.

def_lazer_fc
6/2/2007, 04:57 PM
any and all kay's jewelers commercials go down as my most hated. and ipod commercials too.

royalfan5
6/2/2007, 04:59 PM
any and all kay's jewelers commercials go down as my most hated. and ipod commercials too.
Jared's commercials suck a lot too.

def_lazer_fc
6/2/2007, 05:01 PM
true. but i think kay's has found a whole new dimension of suck. so sappy i could vomit every time.

sanantoniosooner
6/2/2007, 05:11 PM
If you can't produce a vid then it isn't suckworthy enough for universal disdain.

GrapevineSooner
6/2/2007, 05:14 PM
Dave Thomas is rolling over in his grave.

sanantoniosooner
6/2/2007, 05:16 PM
I actually think the Wendy wig could be funny if done right.

But the tree kicking and speech was the suck.

def_lazer_fc
6/2/2007, 05:17 PM
here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=taSDYYwzeZU). its the only one i could find, and its not nearly as bad as the rest, but i have better things to do then search the internet for commercials.

def_lazer_fc
6/2/2007, 05:18 PM
kay jeweler commercials at that. :(

sanantoniosooner
6/2/2007, 05:21 PM
here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=taSDYYwzeZU). its the only one i could find, and its not nearly as bad as the rest, but i have better things to do then search the internet for commercials.
oh the horror

SoonerStud615
6/2/2007, 05:23 PM
Chickasaw Nation. (it may be the Cherokees)

They have to be the most boring commericals I've ever seen.

IronSooner
6/2/2007, 06:07 PM
The worst are the Sonic commercials and that cell phone one where the girl walks in speaking text message-ese to her mom. I seriously wanna strangle that kid.

josh09
6/2/2007, 06:09 PM
Suit Mart commercials. Im not sure if they only show around the Houston area or elsewhere, but theyre the most annoying crap ever.

jk the sooner fan
6/2/2007, 07:45 PM
i love the sonic commercials!

the others mentioned, not so much

King Crimson
6/2/2007, 07:47 PM
there's about 5 commercials they air during the Nuggets telecasts. they all suck after about the 8 billionth time.

yermom
6/2/2007, 07:49 PM
The worst are the Sonic commercials and that cell phone one where the girl walks in speaking text message-ese to her mom. I seriously wanna strangle that kid.

heh, i like that commercial

THAT is what is S..N...F

i like the Sonic ones too

the one that's in Italian or whatever that they play at movies is likely my favorite

yermom
6/2/2007, 07:53 PM
and, ugh the Avis and Wendy's commercials are just bad

sooneron
6/2/2007, 09:12 PM
Those two ads that started this thread are friggin horrible. Glad I didn't have anything to do with them.

Soonerus
6/2/2007, 09:15 PM
wtf is with the Old Spice commercials and the guy at the piano...weird...

sooneron
6/2/2007, 09:16 PM
wtf is with the Old Spice commercials and the guy at the piano...weird...
Yeah, but it's Bill Campbell, so you best not say anything for the wrath of bri.

Soonerus
6/2/2007, 09:18 PM
What the hell, did some one bite him on the face and are we to believe he is going to take on 6 hot women ????

yermom
6/2/2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, but it's Bill Campbell, so you best not say anything for the wrath of bri.

that's Bruce, Bri is not going to be pleased

SoonerStormchaser
6/2/2007, 09:19 PM
For the love of God....GET RID OF DIGITAL MAX!

Soonerus
6/2/2007, 09:25 PM

Who cares the guy in the commercial is a fool....

sooneron
6/2/2007, 09:27 PM
OOps, sometimes my fingers get to going and the brain can't keep up.

Soonerus
6/2/2007, 09:32 PM
I dislike Digital Max...

yermom
6/2/2007, 10:17 PM
Digital Max succs

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/2/2007, 11:09 PM

the others mentioned, not so muchI like the woman...the guys are jerks.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/3/2007, 02:42 AM
I actually think the Wendy wig could be funny if done right.

But the tree kicking and speech was the suck.I don't understand what their thinking is/was on the Wendy ad planning committee, other than something like "It's good for the public to think of you, no matter what it is they think of you."

rufnek05
6/3/2007, 02:59 AM
i'm drunk and too tired to read all the posts to make sure this hasn't been said;
but i HATE wtih an extream passion the "above the influnce" and "anit smokeing" and by smoking i mean cigs and mary jane.
like the commercial where its like "simon says, stand up. simon says lay in the road. simon says stay there for 4 hours..... simons says fail a class and don't care. simon says don't care. simon says get high everyday"...

those bother me. i get do every day and i have a 3.5 GPA. so **** those guys. its all a personal choice/ prioritizing(sp?).

that is all

Petro-Sooner
6/4/2007, 09:03 AM
Chickasaw Nation. (it may be the Cherokees)

They have to be the most boring commericals I've ever seen.

I've never understood to point of those commercials. Are you just trying to tell me how great your people are compared to others? Why waste money doing that? Is it a slick way for you to advertise your bingo halls? I'm pretty sure its not a recruiting tool. Come be a chickasaw. That aint happenin. Anyone??

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 09:08 AM
I like the woman...the guys are jerks.

you've got a strange definition of jerks

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 09:10 AM
i'm drunk and too tired to read all the posts to make sure this hasn't been said;
but i HATE wtih an extream passion the "above the influnce" and "anit smokeing" and by smoking i mean cigs and mary jane.
like the commercial where its like "simon says, stand up. simon says lay in the road. simon says stay there for 4 hours..... simons says fail a class and don't care. simon says don't care. simon says get high everyday"...

those bother me. i get do every day and i have a 3.5 GPA. so **** those guys. its all a personal choice/ prioritizing(sp?).

that is all

yeah i can see where having commercials to encourage people to refrain from illegal activity would seem stupid

crawfish
6/4/2007, 09:30 AM
Who cares the guy in the commercial is a fool....

If you weren't already dead to me, you'd be

dead.
to.
me.

skycat
6/4/2007, 09:54 AM
You people obviously haven't been watching the NBA playoffs on TNT.

Three words:

House
of
Payne

:mad:

mikeelikee
6/4/2007, 11:03 AM
Some of my favorite commercials are the "dropped call" ones. Pretty clever. "Cat got your tongue? Earl got your tongue?"

yermom
6/4/2007, 11:08 AM
If you weren't already a Deadite, you'd be

dead.
to.
me.

it all makes sense now

Pricetag
6/4/2007, 01:19 PM
The new Orville Redenbacher commercial with the "bloopers" from his classic commercials where an actor is wearing a mask to look like him. That's creepy no matter how you slice it.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/4/2007, 03:30 PM
For the love of God....GET RID OF DIGITAL MAX!
And while we're at it, tell Cox to get rid of that annoying theme music at the end of their commercials.

GrapevineSooner
6/4/2007, 04:03 PM
You people obviously haven't been watching the NBA playoffs on TNT.

Three words:

House
of
Payne

:mad:

Well, since my team was eliminated a month ago...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

rufnek05
6/4/2007, 04:14 PM
I like the woman...the guys are jerks.

the very first commercials were great. the tator tot one was awesome. "You go strong to the hole or don't go at all!"

rufnek05
6/4/2007, 04:17 PM
yeah i can see where having commercials to encourage people to refrain from illegal activity would seem stupid

they are stupid. why don't they have anti-heroin, crack, pcp, acid, commercials. and if someone says its because it's a "gateway drug", **** that argument. if you say that then so is beer or any other alcohol.

rufnek05
6/4/2007, 04:20 PM
oh and i hate those damned Brinks/ADT commercials. they are preying on people paranoias

colleyvillesooner
6/4/2007, 04:38 PM
they are stupid. why don't they have anti-heroin, crack, pcp, acid, commercials. and if someone says its because it's a "gateway drug", **** that argument. if you say that then so is beer or any other alcohol.

So, drinking beer is as much of a "gateway drug" as pot to harder drugs?? Ummm...ok...

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 04:43 PM

because more people use marijuana than those other drugs?

let me ask you a question.......can you drink one or two beers and not be intoxicated?

can you smoke one or two joints and not be intoxicated?

soonerinabilene
6/4/2007, 05:16 PM
Taco bell should not be allowed to make commercials.

The best commercials I have ever seen are the Terry Tate Reebok commercials.
Possibly nsfw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

yermom
6/4/2007, 05:23 PM
because more people use marijuana than those other drugs?

let me ask you a question.......can you drink one or two beers and not be intoxicated?

can you smoke one or two joints and not be intoxicated?

who smokes one or two whole joints?

AimForCenterMass
6/4/2007, 06:00 PM
Do you want more money? Sure, we all do...

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 06:24 PM
who smokes one or two whole joints?

i'm not a pothead, so i dont really know

ok, let me rephrase it........can you drink one or two beers without becoming intoxicated?

can you take (insert appropriate number of hits off bong or joint here) without becoming high?

sanantoniosooner
6/4/2007, 06:25 PM
potheads are touchy jk:D

royalfan5
6/4/2007, 06:27 PM
The problem with the anti-pot ads is that they make folks want to smoke pot out of spite because of their inanity. It's like the anti-cigarette ads that get remind people they need a cigarette.

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 06:29 PM
really? i quit smoking cold turkey 11 years ago and i've never once seen an anti-smoking ad that made me want to light up

no offense, but thats just stupid

sanantoniosooner
6/4/2007, 06:31 PM
I kind of like that there is an ad campaign to point out how stupid smokers are so that I don't have to do it myself.

royalfan5
6/4/2007, 06:31 PM
really? i quit smoking cold turkey 11 years ago and i've never once seen an anti-smoking ad that made me want to light up

no offense, but thats just stupid
my smoking roommates in college would always get up and have a smoke after those ads. I asked them about it, and they said the commericials were a trigger. No offense, but assuming your experience equals everyones is stupid.

sanantoniosooner
6/4/2007, 06:33 PM
my smoking roommates in college would always get up and have a smoke after those ads. I asked them about it, and they said the commericials were a trigger. No offense, but assuming your experience equals everyones is stupid.
When you are addicted everything is a trigger.

yermom
6/4/2007, 06:35 PM
well, i'm not a pothead either... but in theory one could just smoke a little and not be incapacitated or something

i'm not really that sure why it's relevant

i'm sure the reason why it's not legal is that it kinda removes motivation. almost none of the people i know that smoke a lot have any real ambition to do much.

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 06:38 PM
well, i'm not a pothead either... but in theory one could just smoke a little and not be incapacitated or something

i'm not really that sure why it's relevant

i'm sure the reason why it's not legal is that it kinda removes motivation. almost none of the people i know that smoke a lot have any real ambition to do much.

i didnt mean to imply you were, sorry if it came across that way

its my understanding that most people smoke weed to get high.....its not like a cigarette after a meal

however, not EVERYBODY drinks to excess - i had my one beer for the day with dinner and am fine to drive anywhere or operate heavy machinery

my point is that everybody so quickly makes the weed to beer comparison, and i just dont think its the best argument for the legalization crowd

soonerboomer93
6/4/2007, 06:39 PM
there are levels of highness, just like levels of intoxication

some people drink because they like the taste, some drink to get a little buzz going, some people drink to get ****ty drunk, some drink to function

some people smoke a bowl to get a little high, a lot high, black out, or to function.

soonerboomer93
6/4/2007, 06:40 PM
actually, it is like a cigarette after a meal, you get a reaction in your body based on the nicotine intake, that reaction and feeling leads to the nicotine addiction

and there are people who can smoke a joint and not get high...

yermom
6/4/2007, 06:41 PM
i didnt mean to imply you were, sorry if it came across that way

its my understanding that most people smoke weed to get high.....its not like a cigarette after a meal

however, not EVERYBODY drinks to excess - i had my one beer for the day with dinner and am fine to drive anywhere or operate heavy machinery

my point is that everybody so quickly makes the weed to beer comparison, and i just dont think its the best argument for the legalization crowd

well, except it's perfectly legal to drink yourself stupid in your own home

from personal experience, most of the time i'd rather be around a pothead that was high, than someone that was stupid drunk

sanantoniosooner
6/4/2007, 06:42 PM
I pretty much prefer sober people unless they are on the internet.

yermom
6/4/2007, 06:43 PM
that wasn't a choice :D

C&CDean
6/4/2007, 06:54 PM
I crack up when I see people say "hell man, I smoke a little weed, and I function just fine..."

Uh, no you don't. You're a ****ing shell of what you could be. You're a waste product when compared to your full potential. You're marking time with your life - time you'll never get back.

Trust me, drop the bong. ASAP. Five years later you'll wonder "damn, how in the hell did I manage to get this far ahead?" Keep smoking, and in 5 years you'll be "damn, I'm sure happy to have this POS trailer to smoke my herb in - even if my mommy owns it and I'm 6 months in arrears on the rent."

yermom
6/4/2007, 06:55 PM
it's not like alcohol is a picnic either...

BigRedJed
6/4/2007, 06:56 PM

the others mentioned, not so much
I agree. The Sonic commercials are great, IMO.

On the other hand, the very fact that we're talking about any of the commercials means they are working.

yermom
6/4/2007, 06:57 PM
she comes home smelling of tater tots...

that one kills me

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 06:57 PM

when used to excess, absolutely not, but there ARE people who drink in moderation

but you're right, we've already got one legal social ill in this country, adding a second would be stupid imo

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 06:59 PM

On the other hand, the very fact that we're talking about any of the commercials means they are working.

i love the one where the passenger dude says 2 dot to the double nine izzle

other dude says "when you'd get all street"

the body language response cracks me up

sanantoniosooner

yeah

If by working it means I'll avoid Avis if at all possible.

C&CDean

Oh I ain't saying that at all. Although I know a whole lot of very successful (financially, personally, socially, etc.) folks who have a stout pop every now and then. I don't know any very successful potheads. Except in their own minds. You gotta remember I smoked that **** for 20 years. I know how it holds a brother down. Not saying a guy can't let booze get to him, but with weed, the guy ain't got a choice. You smoke it, you're dragging a big ol' anchor off your ***.

C&CDean
6/4/2007, 07:00 PM
And just to get into the spirit of the thead, WTF is up with the new Chad Stevens "bling" Fowler commercials?

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 07:03 PM
what dean said, except i never smoked it for 20 years, but i did spend 15 years "working" with people that did - whoever says smoking pot doesnt lead to crime hasnt worked in my career field - and yes, alcohol leads to crime as well

yermom
6/4/2007, 07:03 PM
well, as someone else mentioned, there are people that can smoke weed in moderation...

i just think we waste a lot of resources trying to keep people from getting high when they are going to anyway. it's not like crack or heroin

hell, how many years has it been since we had a President that hasn't smoked weed?

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 07:05 PM
how many years since we've had a president that smoked it while in office, or way back when in his youth?

yermom
6/4/2007, 07:06 PM
Oh I ain't saying that at all. Although I know a whole lot of very successful (financially, personally, socially, etc.) folks who have a stout pop every now and then. I don't know any very successful potheads. Except in their own minds. You gotta remember I smoked that **** for 20 years. I know how it holds a brother down. Not saying a guy can't let booze get to him, but with weed, the guy ain't got a choice. You smoke it, you're dragging a big ol' anchor off your ***.

i'm not advocating smoking it, but i think it's kinda silly for it to be illegal

and i have known at least moderately successful pot smokers

C&CDean
6/4/2007, 07:09 PM
well, as someone else mentioned, there are people that can smoke weed in moderation...

i just think we waste a lot of resources trying to keep people from getting high when they are going to anyway. it's not like crack or heroin

hell, how many years has it been since we had a President that hasn't smoked weed?

Dude, you're completely missing the point. I smoked weed. I'm so much more presidential than GWB that it ain't funny.

Smoking weed makes a loser out of a winner. It's a subtle, quiet, slow, almost imperceptable thing. Until 5 years has gone by and you're still taking the bus cause your license is suspended, you're still doing the same thing at work cause it's "comfy," you aren't a penny richer, a day more mature, or a minute ahead in your growth as a human. In many ways, pot is much worse than heroin and crack. Why? Cause it kills you sllllllloooooooowwwwwlllyyyy. And all the while you're thinking "hell man, I'm a functioning druggy." No. You. Ain't.

yermom
6/4/2007, 07:09 PM
how many years since we've had a president that smoked it while in office, or way back when in his youth?

i'm just saying they have admitted to smoking it at some point. it's not like they are going to mention that on a PSA ;)

you can still be President if you try weed, it can't be that bad

BigRedJed
6/4/2007, 07:10 PM
Man, I responded to this thread before I realized it was a multi-pager. Boy, am I out of step with where it has gone.

yermom
6/4/2007, 07:11 PM
Dude, you're completely missing the point. I smoked weed. I'm so much more presidential than GWB that it ain't funny.

Smoking weed makes a loser out of a winner. It's a subtle, quiet, slow, almost imperceptable thing. Until 5 years has gone by and you're still taking the bus cause your license is suspended, you're still doing the same thing at work cause it's "comfy," you aren't a penny richer, a day more mature, or a minute ahead in your growth as a human. In many ways, pot is much worse than heroin and crack. Why? Cause it kills you sllllllloooooooowwwwwlllyyyy. And all the while you're thinking "hell man, I'm a functioning druggy." No. You. Ain't.

i think you just restated what i said earlier ;)

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 07:11 PM
i tried it twice, and i'm far from presidential

i think alot of our generation tried it, that doesnt mean we were all "frequent users".....i turned the lab coat in as soon as the "experimental phase" was over ;)

yermom
6/4/2007, 07:12 PM
Man, I responded to this thread before I realized it was a multi-pager. Boy, am I out of step with where it has gone.

put down the bong

BigRedJed
6/4/2007, 07:12 PM
I did that about 15 years ago.

BigRedJed
6/4/2007, 07:13 PM
Gah. Actually more like 17 or 18. Man, it sucks getting old.

C&CDean
6/4/2007, 07:15 PM
Gah. Actually more like 17 or 18. Man, it sucks getting old.

Heh. It feels like just the other day that I quit smoking weed. March, 1987. 20 ****ing years. On June 15, I will have 32 years with the gubmint. Seems impossible.

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 07:16 PM
you forget because you smoked so much pot

yermom
6/4/2007, 07:18 PM
i tried it twice, and i'm far from presidential

i think alot of our generation tried it, that doesnt mean we were all "frequent users".....i turned the lab coat in as soon as the "experimental phase" was over ;)

my use has probably not gone much past "experimental" either

i do think it's more about the person than the substance, i mean if it wasn't weed or alcohol it's Xanax or Vicodin or something

a lot of people are self-medicating depression or anxiety or whatever

i tend to think that anyone that recreationally uses drugs regularly has some other deeper problem (that includes alcohol)

jk the sooner fan
6/4/2007, 07:19 PM
totally agree with you

SleestakSooner
6/4/2007, 07:27 PM
Damn, I suddenly want to spark one up and run to the bar for an all nighter! Can anyone say relapse? Anyhow, yeah those anti mary jane commercials suck bollz as well as the two mentioned in the original post, PLUS I hate the Mathis Brothers cheesy *** commercials so much that I swear one day I am gonna release a whole box of gerbils in that store!!!

yermom
6/4/2007, 07:48 PM
those poor gerbils :(

rufnek05
6/6/2007, 10:44 PM
esurance commcerials. every.single. one. of. them.