PDA

View Full Version : Your government has thwarted another jihaadist plot in the US

Okla-homey
6/2/2007, 03:10 PM
yay us!

Terror Plot "One Of The Most Chilling Imaginable"

NEW YORK -- As first reported by NewsChannel4's (WNBC) Jonathan Dienst, three people were arrested and one other was being sought Saturday in connection to a plot to blow up jet-fuel lines at John F. Kennedy International Airport, officials said.

Four people have been charged. Three suspects are in custody: Russell Defreitas, Kareem Ibrihim and Abdul Kadir. Another suspect, Abdul Nur is still at large.

Defreitas is to be arrainged Saturday in Brooklyn on terror conspiracy charges. Sources said Defreitas, a former cargo worker at JFK allegedly began to plot attacking the US last July or August. Defeitas sought help in carrying out a plan and went to an FBI informant, who gathered information about the plot.

U.S. Attorney Roslynn R. Mauskopf called it "one of the most chilling plots imaginable."

"The devastation that would be caused had this plot succeeded is just unthinkable," she said at a news conference.

Flagstaffsooner
6/2/2007, 03:38 PM
All the more reason to NUKE 'EM 'TILL THEY GLOW.

Okla-homey
6/2/2007, 03:43 PM
All the more reason to NUKE 'EM 'TILL THEY GLOW.

No. I have a theory. If the wimmens in Arab-ia could become empowered like western wimmens, this crap would cease. See, only the whackjob mamas would want son Habib to blow hisself up, or go fight the satanic forces of America. The vast majority of Arab mamas would tell junior to knock it off and go get a job and start a family.

Flagstaffsooner
6/2/2007, 04:46 PM
No. I have a theory. If the wimmens in Arab-ia could become empowered like western wimmens, this crap would cease. See, only the whackjob mamas would want son Habib to blow hisself up, or go fight the satanic forces of America. The vast majority of Arab mamas would tell junior to knock it off and go get a job and start a family.Wonder if there are rag head Cindy Sheehans?

Tailwind
6/2/2007, 04:47 PM
There are nut jobs everywhere.

royalfan5
6/2/2007, 04:49 PM
No. I have a theory. If the wimmens in Arab-ia could become empowered like western wimmens, this crap would cease. See, only the whackjob mamas would want son Habib to blow hisself up, or go fight the satanic forces of America. The vast majority of Arab mamas would tell junior to knock it off and go get a job and start a family.
Christopher Buckley wrote a novel on that subject called Florence of Arabia. It's a nice read.

However, Jr. starting a family would only increase the intense demographic pressure on middle eastern societies. I think Jr. should get a job and maybe a wait awhile to start a family.

VeeJay
6/2/2007, 05:05 PM
Lest us not forget that president wannabe John Edwards calls the war on terror a "bumper sticker."

How can anyone take that a$$hole serious?

def_lazer_fc
6/2/2007, 05:08 PM
Lest us not forget that president wannabe John Edwards calls the war on terror a "bumper sticker."

maybe he's just referring to the administration's constant use of slogans. i.e. fight em there so we don't fight em here.....if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops, they hate us for our freedom, yada yada.

Okla-homey
6/2/2007, 05:21 PM
maybe he's just referring to the administration's constant use of slogans. i.e. fight em there so we don't fight em here.....if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops, they hate us for our freedom, yada yada.

well, it must be paying off. I believe all the smart ones must be building bombs in Iraq. The dumarses are here trying to pull off these stunts...like this one, and last month's "Operation Pizza Delivery Mayhem" at Ft. Dix.

Flagstaffsooner
6/2/2007, 05:32 PM
We just whapped some allah boys in Somlia (http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=3237889)

Scott D
6/2/2007, 05:35 PM
Note the former positions and locations of some of them. Also, note that there is a major factor always at play. If I'm trying to cause nervousness in my meglomaniacal way, while making a power play at world domination, I would ALWAYS look toward finding angry and disenfranchised young males simply because their minds are the easiest to mold to my causes.

Taking those factors into account, it doesn't really take a whole lot of planning in terms of giving people small parts to play in the grand scheme so that if any of them get captured they can't tell very much to those whom captured them.

Apparently I would make a much better terrorism mastermind than the actual ones out there.

Widescreen
6/2/2007, 05:49 PM
Note the former positions and locations of some of them. Also, note that there is a major factor always at play. If I'm trying to cause nervousness in my meglomaniacal way, while making a power play at world domination, I would ALWAYS look toward finding angry and disenfranchised young males simply because their minds are the easiest to mold to my causes.

Taking those factors into account, it doesn't really take a whole lot of planning in terms of giving people small parts to play in the grand scheme so that if any of them get captured they can't tell very much to those whom captured them.

Apparently I would make a much better terrorism mastermind than the actual ones out there.
You can count on my vote. :D

Okieflyer
6/2/2007, 10:49 PM
Guys, if we're just nice to them and lay down arms and convert to islam they won't kill us. What's hard about that?:confused:

Jerk
6/2/2007, 11:22 PM
Whew. Them presbitaryans had themselves one awful scheme. Glad we got those basterds this time?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/2/2007, 11:31 PM
Whew. Them presbitaryans had themselves one awful scheme. Glad we got those basterds this time?Them guys was methodists or mormons. Some folks are placin' the blame on moslems agian, and that just can't be fair and balanced.

Blue
6/2/2007, 11:34 PM
Why do I need to know an airport didn't blow up? A new 21st century invention. ANTI-NEWS.

I can't wait till my local news starts telling me who wasn't murdered and what schools will be open on a sunny day.

SCOUT
6/2/2007, 11:37 PM
Why do I need to know an airport didn't blow up? A new 21st century invention. ANTI-NEWS.

I can't wait till my local news starts telling me who wasn't murdered and what schools will be open on a sunny day.
Are you being serious? The fact that someone tried to blow it up and failed is indeed news. Now if the report said that nobody thought of blowing up JFK today, then that would be anti-news.

If your not, just chalk it up to one of the hundreds of jokes that sail smoothly over my head.

soonerscuba
6/2/2007, 11:41 PM

I feel that it's a morale issue, and not in the sense that you are thinking. The agencies that do these things suffer from the fact that most of their success is secret and their failures public, so it must make the boys and girls in the NSA, CIA, FBI, etc. feel pretty dang good about their mostly thankless job to have some good press.

I also like the fact that the people that did this haven't been whisked away to God knows where and face justice in the sunlight.

Blue
6/2/2007, 11:41 PM
Are you being serious? The fact that someone tried to blow it up and failed is indeed news. Now if the report said that nobody thought of blowing up JFK today, then that would be anti-news.

If your not, just chalk it up to one of the hundreds of jokes that sail smoothly over my head.

I understand. The only part I hate about news like this is that WHO TF KNOWS if someone was plotting to blow it up. I'm not in to conspiracies, but how hard would it be to arrest 3 dudes and make this **** up?

It creates more mistrust.

SCOUT
6/2/2007, 11:45 PM
I understand. The only part I hate about news like this is that WHO TF KNOWS if someone was plotting to blow it up. I'm not in to conspiracies, but how hard would it be to arrest 3 dudes and make this **** up?

It creates more mistrust.

I would guess pretty difficult. Since it is now in a public forum, it is subject to a much greater level of scrutiny. I don't see how it would be worth the risk/cost.

Blue
6/2/2007, 11:54 PM
I see your point in "SEE! We're doing our job!" I just think it's unnecessary to spend ALERT! coverage on. I guess my beef is w/ the media. Sensationalists. Back in the day it was a headlining story on the 30 minute news and now it's BREAKING WTF ARE WE GONNA DO! News.

1stTimeCaller
6/3/2007, 12:50 AM
Note to self: When planning a terrorist attack do not seek the help of an FBI informant.

The scary part is that these clowns just have to succeed once. The government agencies have to succeed on a daily basis.

Widescreen
6/3/2007, 12:53 AM
For once I agree with SoonersCuba. We have no idea how many plots have been surreptitiously thwarted. It's good for us to hear every once in awhile that the good guys are having success. And like he said, it's gotta be a morale booster from the inside.

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2007, 07:21 AM
Whew. Them presbitaryans had themselves one awful scheme. Glad we got those basterds this time?

anyday now the justice department will reveal the uncovered plot by the methodists......however, the whole thing will be much more subtle yet scarrier

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2007, 09:19 AM
Yes, and if you know what's best for you, stay the hell away from SMU. And trust me, its not cause the football sucks.

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2007, 09:24 AM
Note to self: When planning a terrorist attack do not seek the help of an FBI informant.

The scary part is that these clowns just have to succeed once. The government agencies have to succeed on a daily basis.

Amen.

And if the liberals had their way, they would strip the government of the tools they need to succeed on a daily basis.

Of course, that type of head in the sand thinking is consistant with denying there is even a war going on.

BU BEAR
6/3/2007, 04:34 PM
Actually, I think it is news when any non-military branch of the Federal Government does its job properly. Customs evidentially can not even read the flags to keep a TB infected individual quarantined.

Congratulations to everyone involved in this operation. Thanks for keeping the public safe.

picasso
6/4/2007, 12:00 AM
yeah, **** like that makes no sense at all when we're fighting terrorism in 2 different countries.

garland sooner
6/4/2007, 12:20 AM
You know what I hate?... the terror alert levels. They will never be green or blue. While I'm happy that we are safe another day, the color code system and any system they make up will not change the fact that people hate us. It just keeps those that are dumb enough to care about something like that nervous. And dumb people who live in fear are those who seem to be willing to give up constitutional rights, and plays into the White House's hands. I just keep getting the feeling that I'll wake up one day and I'll either be in one of two novels: 1984 or Brave New World.

Okla-homey
6/4/2007, 05:26 AM
You know what I hate?... the terror alert levels. They will never be green or blue. While I'm happy that we are safe another day, the color code system and any system they make up will not change the fact that people hate us.

I'm not so sure its as bad as many make it out to be. Frankly, a pollster with an agenda can drive the results. Is there such a thing as America envy? Sure. But too many people around the world would give their left nut to get here for me to beleive the the whole world "hates us."

OklahomaTuba
6/4/2007, 12:14 PM
I just keep getting the feeling that I'll wake up one day and I'll either be in one of two novels: 1984 or Brave New World.

Personally, I'm more worried about reality myself, like terrorists blowing up a major airport that me and my friends and family travel out of, instead of sitting in the corner with my tinfoil hat worrying that science fiction books may one day come true.

But maybe that's just me.

Petro-Sooner
6/4/2007, 12:20 PM
Hiliary in 08 people. She will save us from all that is evil in the world.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/4/2007, 12:28 PM
Is there such a thing as America envy? Sure. But too many people around the world would give their left nut to get here for me to beleive the the whole world "hates us."I laugh, either to myself or even out loud when I hear how much the rest of the world hates us. They do, indeed, envy the hell out of us. They don't like to admit it, so they disguise their envy as hate. It sells better. Intense envy is definitely a negative situation.

OklahomaTuba
6/4/2007, 12:41 PM
If they hate us so much, why do they keep trying to come here and why do they keep electing pro-American people to their governments?

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2007, 03:05 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usattacksairportskepticism;_ylt=AoHRPX72sMOSE0CyVI mslUQDW7oF

Interesting.

I wonder if this is just damage control from the NTSB.

Okieflyer
6/6/2007, 06:54 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usattacksairportskepticism;_ylt=AoHRPX72sMOSE0CyVI mslUQDW7oF

Interesting.

It maybe, but I can understand it. This news comes out and it's as if the plot would have gone on and been successful. It may or may not have been. But the NTSB probably thinking "hey, we were ready for it. We could have handled it."

Ah maybe I'm just giving them too much credit.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/6/2007, 08:41 AM

Or his $400 haircuts.

SCOUT
6/7/2007, 09:15 AM

Interesting.

If we had stopped Mohamed Atta and his band of merry men, I am sure the FAA would have been telling us how it would be "next to impossible" to highjack 4 planes, take control, pilot them to specific targets, and crash them.