PDA

View Full Version : Heads up, OUinFLA

Flagstaffsooner
6/2/2007, 07:08 AM
Put on your waders. Send some rain my way.;)

Sooner in Tampa
6/2/2007, 07:50 AM
Put on your waders. Send some rain my way.;)Dude...it started raining yesterday afternoon. It still hasn't stopped. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Thank you Tropical Storm Barry :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Okla-homey
6/2/2007, 08:12 AM
Dude...it started raining yesterday afternoon. It still hasn't stopped. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Thank you Tropical Storm Barry :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Is it a Bootlegger's Son?

Sooner in Tampa
6/2/2007, 08:25 AM
Is it a Bootlegger's Son?I wish :P

OUinFLA
6/2/2007, 08:40 AM
Thankfully, the arid state of Florida is getting some needed mosture.

So far, it's not as much coverage as I had hoped for, but it may be the drenching we needed to help with the fire dangers. My county and 7 surrounding couties have been at Critical Fire Danger level for several weeks.
We have had a total ban on any burning for over a month.

We welcome Barry with great anticipation.

An ammusing story related to the lack of water:

In St Pete, the Pinellas County code enforcement division handed out over 600 citations this past week to homeowners who's lawns showed more than 50% no coverage (dirt) in their yards.

While they were handing these out, the Southwest Water Management District was patrolling the area handing out citations to those homeowners who were disregarding the ban on lawn watering due to low water levels.

Needless to say, there's a bunch of confused and PO'd residents in the area.

Code Enforcement finally admitted they would be very flexible regarding the lawn coverage code violations.

BajaOklahoma
6/2/2007, 09:20 AM
Pffft! Plano made a fortune in watering violations last summer. Most were the people with sprinkler systems who didn't think they should have to follow the rules for the average folks.
My sister in Vero Beach lives in an area that uses their pond water for irrigation. It stinks too. Expensive house, with beautiful landscape that smells like a sewer. Yuck.

Harry Beanbag
6/2/2007, 11:50 AM
After nine years living here, I'm still perplexed that we never have any water restrictions.

Okla-homey
6/2/2007, 12:54 PM
We welcome Barry with great anticipation.

I hope Barry hangs half a hundred (inches of quality H2O) on ya!