PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that dogs have a conscious?

Jerk
6/1/2007, 06:55 PM
I do. I think the old saying is true, you want a friend? You get a dog. They seem to know things. I think God created them to be like, what man should have been: faithful, loyal, forgiving.

Okla-homey
6/1/2007, 07:01 PM
I do. I think the old saying is true, you want a friend? You get a dog. They seem to know things. I think God created them to be like, what man should have been: faithful, loyal, forgiving.

Dogs are, without a doubt, the best creatures God made. I just wish they lived longer.

King Crimson
6/1/2007, 07:02 PM
Plato uses dogs as a metaphor for the "good citizen" in the Republic, though it's a little creepy/xenophobic the way he does it.

i don't think squirrels have existential thoughts.

Jerk
6/1/2007, 07:03 PM
Dogs are, without a doubt, the best creatures God made. I just wish they lived longer.

I have thought the same thing (re: lifespan)

It just does not seem fair.

Jerk
6/1/2007, 07:05 PM
i don't think squirrels have existential thoughts.

Good. Because I've blasted a few of those with a 20 guage. I would hate to live with myself if the facts were otherwise.

sooneron
6/1/2007, 07:07 PM
You forgot uninhibited to ALMOST a fault.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7537/img2636ap2.jpg

Ya gotta love 'em.

1stTimeCaller
6/1/2007, 07:47 PM

my mom sent me an email about a little kid that had to have his dog put to sleep. When the vet asked the boy if he knew what was going on and why the dog was dying, the little boy says something about dogs don't live as long as people do because they are born knowing how to love and to be a friend. That people live longer because it takes us longer to get those figured out.

VeeJay
6/1/2007, 07:51 PM
I think if they're running around, tails and tongues wagging, and doing tricks and what not, they most definitely have a conscious.

Lest they lose conscienceness.

Okla-homey
6/1/2007, 09:09 PM
my mom sent me an email about a little kid that had to have his dog put to sleep. When the vet asked the boy if he knew what was going on and why the dog was dying, the little boy says something about dogs don't live as long as people do because they are born knowing how to love and to be a friend. That people live longer because it takes us longer to get those figured out.

That's one of the most insightful things I've ever heard.

Seriously.

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 09:38 PM
Indeed they doo- I am getting my new pup on July 3rd - his name in washington DC is "BOOMER" Black Turk Euro.

olevetonahill
6/1/2007, 09:50 PM
Yall want a Dog ? i got 5 puppies for sale . !
Well I might GIVE em to a Good home :D

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 09:51 PM
hwat's kind ????

soonerscuba
6/1/2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.slate.com/id/2127419/

Sorry to be a wet blanket. That said, I love dogs, but I love my cat more.

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 10:07 PM
YIKES - doodz in our base killin our dudes

olevetonahill
6/1/2007, 10:16 PM
hwat's kind ????
Terrier Mix ,
Found the Momma all knocked up on the side of the road . :mad:
I hate Bastages that dump dogs , I specially Hate Bastages That let a Young female get preggers and THEN dump her !:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 10:24 PM
Is it possible she got knocked up on purpose???... :( I like some terrier's they play ball all day long. and get off when you say good cacth- becuase they do catch good....

VeeJay
6/1/2007, 10:25 PM
I specially Hate Bastages That let a Young female get preggers and THEN dump her !:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Shoot Fire! Remind me not to tell you what I done to that waitress at IHOP!

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 10:35 PM
OR what that waitress at IHOP did to youuuuuuuu.

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 10:36 PM
DOGS!!!!!!

sooneron
6/1/2007, 10:40 PM
http://www.slate.com/id/2127419/

Sorry to be a wet blanket. That said, I love dogs, but I love my cat more.

Lots of dogs get nervous when they don't know what's expected of them, and when they get anxious, they can also grow restless.

That's not some sort of thought process? Seems like one to me.

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 10:49 PM
Thus the creation of the eruption !!!!!! Rection ---- same thang

FUZZZZZZZZZZY WONDERSSSSSS

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 11:37 PM
When you date a woman and you are an athelete of some kind: & you may think of genetics - but perhaps I am a dooodz

SCOUT
6/1/2007, 11:46 PM
I think dogs do. My dogs never cease to amaze me with the things they do. I suppose it's possible I am reading too much in to it. But... One of my dogs always sleeps at the foot of our bed. When my wife was pregnant 5 years ago he started (trying) to sleep on our bed. Whenever she would lay down for a nap, he was right there beside her. Once the baby was born he was back at the foot of the bed.

About 2 months ago he started jumping back up on the bed. Turns out the wife is pregnant with baby number 2.

I am getting worried because one of my dogs is about 14 an the other is 12.

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 11:53 PM
Well, I am sure of it-

and they are still forgiving and loyala and insightfull...

Shamrock
6/1/2007, 11:55 PM
I am getting worried because one of my dogs is about 14 an the other is 12.

I lost my three oldest (out of four) Cocker Spaniels in 2006. It was like a death in the family - for each one. Two were just old, and the other (my favorite) lost her second bout with cancer. I still have a ten year old Cocker ... plus the farm mutts.

Call me crazy, but I believe dogs think and act on those thoughts. They have a conscious, IMO.