PDA

View Full Version : Yet another ipod question

nmsoonergirl
6/1/2007, 06:01 PM
I've read the 5000 or so Ipod threads, and can't find the answer to this particular question....I washed my beloved 6 gb ipod mini, rendering it dead. I would really like to replace it with another identical ipod...I don't want or need video, i don't need more space, and I'm scared to get a non itunes compatible player because while I don't LOVE itunes, I've learned to use it and I don't really want to figure out how to use anything else. I'm not technologically savvy, and I'm okay with that.:O
Since they don't make the mini anymore, my choices are a refurb or a used one on ebay. If I buy a used one, will Itunes ever believe that it is really mine? Will I ever be able to put my music on the new used one?

Hatfield
6/1/2007, 06:02 PM
i don't think i understand your confusion? if you buy a new one you just need to synch it to your library and you are good to go

nmsoonergirl
6/1/2007, 06:07 PM
Right, I know it will be fine if I buy a NEW one. What if I were to buy a USED one (meaning someone else had already been using it). Would that end up working.

soonerboomer93
6/1/2007, 06:28 PM
yup

when you hook it up, it will advise you it has been synced to another computer and ask if you want it to sync to your library

King Crimson
6/1/2007, 06:34 PM
learning to use another file system is pretty easy. winamp is much less annoying than iTunes, for example. and it's free and doesn't have ads.

soonerbrat
6/1/2007, 06:36 PM
the ones that people sell on ebay usually have some problems, i.e. batteries that don't hold a charge.

nmsoonergirl
6/1/2007, 06:39 PM
Would it be hard to get my podcasts onto a non itunes player? They just magically update now.....
I hate change.

OUAndy1807
6/1/2007, 07:05 PM
It probably won't work with an ipod, but with a lot of electronics, if you put them in a ziplock bag full of rice and leave it for a couple of days, the rice pulls out the moisture and sometimes the electronics start working again.

I've had it work with cell phones and other electronics, but nothing that ever went through a full wash cycle. It would be worth a try though.

hurricane'bone
6/1/2007, 07:51 PM
You don't need more space?

So you aren't going to be purchasing anymore music?