PDA

View Full Version : OU-Miami kickoff time is set......

Salt City Sooner
6/1/2007, 05:53 PM
Hope you're an earlybird.....

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=920528

Dio
6/1/2007, 05:54 PM
Ugh.

Jimminy Crimson
6/1/2007, 05:56 PM
son of biscuits

toast
6/1/2007, 06:04 PM
if this is like the last few years then the first of many, unfortunately

Ardmore_Sooner
6/1/2007, 06:11 PM
As long as it isn't like the Alabama 11 o'clock kickoff

illinisooner
6/1/2007, 06:16 PM
Yet another year of early kickoffs when it's hot and late kickoffs when it's cold. I don't know why it wouldn't be the ABC night game, unless LSU/Va Tech is that night? Miami, consider yourselves lucky that you got the early kickoff.

MichiganSooner
6/1/2007, 07:10 PM
I hate those 11 am starts. Need to leave the house at 6:15 am to get there. But have to work on Sept 8 so will set the VCR. BOOMER

josh09
6/1/2007, 07:19 PM
Dang and im gonna be there.

Oh well it will make it all better when we kick the crap out of them.

bringit
6/1/2007, 07:29 PM
We're flying in and will be sitting in the scUM section--all 50 of them.

mobilesteve
6/1/2007, 08:07 PM
11am ought to suck the atmosphere out of the Stadium.

hurricane'bone
6/1/2007, 08:18 PM
As long as it isn't like the Alabama 11 o'clock kickoff

I thought Alabama was a 2:30 Kickoff.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/1/2007, 08:37 PM
BOOMER

SOONER!!

goingoneight
6/1/2007, 10:42 PM
For some reason, I don't see this one staying. I'll bet if OU and UM roll past their first games, ESPN will have a hard-on to hype this matchup.

insuranceman_22
6/1/2007, 11:31 PM
Whatever - bring the Canes to Norman and let's whip their collective ***! I (I realize I'm making this personal) want some revenge on the U. I have truly disliked them since the 80's and for some reason that dislike is growing stronger.

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 11:39 PM
Let/s make sure that they do no dot anything on OFFENSE---- I want blitzes and coverage early. I want to rattle them -------------- and I want to not only beat em - but worse than 35-10

MD

OUstud
6/1/2007, 11:50 PM
Weak!

Damn Nascar, they're the reason this isn't ABC's primetime game.

goingoneight
6/1/2007, 11:53 PM
Nascar??? What the ****ing ****?

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 11:55 PM
Sounds like a approach that is willing to be tested as apposed to test....

Blue
6/2/2007, 12:50 AM
Weak!

I'm thinking it's V-tech/Lsu thats bumping us.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/2/2007, 12:55 AM
Weak!

Well, if there's a silver lining to this, it may mean that Brent Musburger won't be doing the play-by-play, since he is hosting the NASCAR coverage. We'll probably get the Nessler/Maguire/Griese trio (they did the RRS and the Washington games last year).

goingoneight
6/2/2007, 01:02 AM
I always like Nessler and Jackson before he retired. Yeah, sometimes they have a little trouble, but I grew up on those announcers, and they get into the game just as much as I do.

Nessler has the best voice for calling out "TOUCHDOWN, OKLAHOMA!!!"

OUfan7
6/2/2007, 07:37 AM
My 5 year old nephew could call out "TOUCHDOWN, OKLAHOMA" and it still sounds great!!!

joe4sooners
6/2/2007, 08:03 AM
11am kick offs suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! but oh well bring on miami! just start drinkin beer around 8am!~:lwm:

joe4sooners
6/2/2007, 08:04 AM
My 5 year old nephew could call out "TOUCHDOWN, OKLAHOMA" and it still sounds great!!!
hell anybody can say TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA and it would sound great!

Boffingham
6/2/2007, 09:08 AM
that's perfect for me...it will be 4 pm

Flagstaffsooner
6/2/2007, 05:14 PM
9:00 Az time. I love it. I don't have to sit around like a nervous whorn in church waiting for our game all day.
On game day I get up about 4am. The only one on SF at that time is Jaux. I trade a few Boomer/Sooners with him then put on my red underwear, open the back door facing Norman and the sunrise, and sing the Chant. They I turn on College Game Day and listen to Corso fart out of his mouth. After that I am ready for OU FOOTBALL!

OK2LA
6/2/2007, 06:01 PM
I'll be there with Bloody Mary in tow . . .

sendbaht
6/2/2007, 10:07 PM
Wife and I will be in Thailand visiting our daughter on Sept 8th so will hit a internet cafe at 8pm and watch our guys woop some MU butt. Well, I may not be able to see it but can watch what is happening on the ESPN site.

stonecoldsoonerfan
6/3/2007, 08:30 AM
Hope you're an earlybird.....

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=920528

guess that just about eliminates you, huh?:P :D

Big Red Ron
6/3/2007, 08:37 AM
Man, whomever is responsible for OU's total and complete sell out, bend over for the network coverage can kiss my keaster! It's not like we're Okie State, begging to get on t.v. whenever we can. Pathetic.

King Crimson
6/3/2007, 08:53 AM
Wife and I will be in Thailand visiting our daughter on Sept 8th so will hit a internet cafe at 8pm and watch our guys woop some MU butt. Well, I may not be able to see it but can watch what is happening on the ESPN site.

you'd be able to get a radio stream.

sendbaht
6/3/2007, 11:52 AM
Interesting KC, I guess I would need a set of head phones? Not sure if the Thai kids around me playing internet games would want to listen to a OU game... but ya never know. You should hear my Thai wife sing Boomer Sooner...priceless.

And what is the station addy? Please.

CatfishSooner
6/3/2007, 01:19 PM
11am sucks...but we'll still kick their ***...

King Crimson
6/3/2007, 01:24 PM
Interesting KC, I guess I would need a set of head phones? Not sure if the Thai kids around me playing internet games would want to listen to a OU game... but ya never know. You should hear my Thai wife sing Boomer Sooner...priceless.

And what is the station addy? Please.

this is the one i've used for the last 3 years (i live in Colorado)

http://www.reachingmore.com/kkgm.HTM

canes4ever
6/3/2007, 06:23 PM
Yet another year of early kickoffs when it's hot and late kickoffs when it's cold. I don't know why it wouldn't be the ABC night game, unless LSU/Va Tech is that night? Miami, consider yourselves lucky that you got the early kickoff.

We also like to play under the lights however....ok we'll take it. A little good luck never hurt anyone. Let's hope the hitting is hard and there are no injuries.

canes4ever
6/3/2007, 06:25 PM

Please it's UM..thank you.:)

goingoneight
6/3/2007, 10:59 PM
All I know is this... when we whoop there ***, I'll have hours of partying like it's 1999 to do that Saturday.

yermom
6/3/2007, 11:06 PM
Please it's scUM..thank you.:)

fixed ;)

11AM is so lame

i guess no one outside of South Beach and Norman give a crap about this game

illinisooner
6/4/2007, 12:28 AM
We also like to play under the lights however....ok we'll take it. A little good luck never hurt anyone. Let's hope the hitting is hard and there are no injuries.

Both teams probably love playing under the lights...but the fans will be louder at a 7 PM start than at an 11 AM start. More noise, more problems for ya'll. We lucked out a little at Mizzou last year with an 11 AM start, combined with the fact that the Cards won the World Series the night before. Their crowds are usually pretty obnoxious, but they were a non factor that day. Given the OU/UM history, however, I don't think the crowd will mind the early kickoff.

boomersooner82
6/4/2007, 11:22 AM
Eh, I'd prefer later game. I blame NASCAR fans. Who let the yokels get TVs anyway? Frickin' fake sport.

Doesn't matter though, 11 a.m., 7 p.m., 2:30 p.m., midnight, 3 a.m... if the Sooners are playing, I'm there cheering til I pass out.

colleyvillesooner
6/4/2007, 11:37 AM
fixed ;)

11AM is so lame

I guess no one outside of South Beach and Norman give a crap about this game

Actually, that means it's the national broadcast of the game.

yermom
6/4/2007, 11:54 AM
yeah, the one that no one cares about ;)

i guess it doesn't really deserve the kinda hype that tOSU/Texass did the last couple of years

i'm just bitter because i hate getting up early. hopefully the crowd is into it. do kids these days understand how much they should hate Miami?

it is nice to see our highlights all day after the early games though

colleyvillesooner
6/4/2007, 12:01 PM

i guess it doesn't really deserve the kinda hype that tOSU/Texass did the last couple of years

True, although it looked like it 3 years ago.

i'm just bitter because i hate getting up early. hopefully the crowd is into it. do kids these days understand how much they should hate Miami?

I hope so. I'll be there with Venom (and Beer) flowing. My Dad did a great job of instilling the hate in me for all things Miamuh.

Yes, except in 2005. :( (that was the new wife and I's first game this year)

dolemitesooner
6/4/2007, 12:02 PM

Kids ...HAHAHA!!!!! You act like youR some vet of watching Ou FOOTBALL.

dON'T BE FOOLED KIDS YERMOM STARTED WATCHING ABOUT THE SAME TIME YOU DID ... AFTER 2000

yermom
6/4/2007, 12:05 PM
what's that? you are glad it's at 11:00 so you can watch NASCAR?

dolemitesooner
6/4/2007, 12:58 PM
what's that? you are glad it's at 11:00 so you can watch NASCAR?
Nascar RAWKS

C&CDean
6/4/2007, 02:37 PM
I like 11 o'clock games. You can do the game sober, then get all likkered up all afternoon/night without worrying about how we're gonna do. And you can watch all the other games and the highlights of our game.

I wish OU/Texas would kick off at about 0700. Waiting for that game kills me. Let's just get it on, get it over with, and then party.

colleyvillesooner
6/4/2007, 03:03 PM
The wait for Texas is the only one that kills me. I have to be in the stadium waaay early cause I always feel like I'm gonna miss something.

The whole time I'm walking around the fair, I'm constantly looking at my watch, thinking "When should I head over there...Probably should stay kinda close...we should probably start heading over there" :D

StuMondo
6/4/2007, 04:13 PM
boo this decision. OU vs. Miami! Are you kidding me? This should've been a 7 pm primetime game.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/4/2007, 04:57 PM
Hey, wasn't OU/Nebbish 2000 @ 11AM? The crowd was crazy loud that day!

Landthief 1972
6/4/2007, 04:58 PM
At least my kids quit playing soccer. I won't have to listen to the first half on the car radio because of Saturday soccer games.

YOU SUCK ABC!

hgarmorer
6/4/2007, 06:36 PM
11 am kickoff, puts it 0100 for me, man that sucks. Guess I'll just move to night shift. Oh well, it's worth it!!

MamaMia
6/5/2007, 07:35 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smiley_bored.gif Oh, lovely. Nothing quite like the smell of eggs in the air and the sound of feet shuffling along in a sea of sleepy fans.

Any of you early birds want to buy my VIP Tailgate passes? I wont be in the mood for free food and booze at any 8:30 or 9:00 am.

goingoneight
6/5/2007, 07:33 PM
Nascar RAWKS

Oh yeah... let me tell you how many times I switch channels on the weekends from football to watch rednecks drive in circles and crash.

Back on the original topic... OU/Miami is important to us, but only for a little vengeance. To me, though... beating Miami this year would be like beating aTm 77-0 in 2003. They're not the same, the environment's not the same, their coaching staff is not the same. If we win, all I'm going to do is party like any other win and be glad that we evened up the series. I'm more concerned with OUr team establishing themselves as a national contender than I am avenging something that happened years ago. Never would I want to lose to them, I don't want to lose to anyone.

Now, say we get a home-and-home with Pete Carroll in a few years and the SC faithful start spouting off about the game which we don not speak of, I'd be a little more pumped. But if we played USC again twenty years from now and Zombie Schnellenboozer is their HC, theb fire just wouldn't be there.

a win against UM 2007 is kinda like a lame duck... "yeah... take that... you... yeah..." But always a justified reason to visit the ol' Drunkytown Pub after the W.

birddog
6/5/2007, 08:01 PM
i don't have a problem with 11 am'ers. my pops and i head down there around 9 and hang out til kickoff. sure the night games have a better atmosphere but i guess i'm just happy to be in the stadium.

OU Adonis
6/5/2007, 08:29 PM
You know what sucks about 11 am kick offs? OConnells can't serve hard liquor until 10 am. That blows.

sooneron
6/5/2007, 09:40 PM
fixed ;)

11AM is so lame

i guess no one outside of South Beach and Norman give a crap about this game
Please, no one in south beach gives a crap about football

Phil
6/5/2007, 10:24 PM
The wait for Texas is the only one that kills me. I have to be in the stadium waaay early cause I always feel like I'm gonna miss something.

The whole time I'm walking around the fair, I'm constantly looking at my watch, thinking "When should I head over there...Probably should stay kinda close...we should probably start heading over there" :D

Me, too. I'm usually in there as soon as they open the gates, or shortly thereafter.