PDA

View Full Version : Fistfight in the Cubs dugout

CShine
6/1/2007, 03:21 PM
I don't know if any of y'all are watching this Cubs/Braves game but the Cubs are self-destructing with style. The Cubs D has been awful all game. Then in the top of the fifth Zambrano gives up a ton of runs, one of them when his catcher Barrett gave up a passed ball and made a throwing error on the same play. After they got out of the inning Zambrano attacked Barrett in the dugout and they had to be separated. Be sure to catch Sportscenter if you wanna see the highlights. The Cubs in meltdown mode should be the lead story. This team was already playing a horrible game before the fight but that's just the perfect clincher.

jk the sooner fan
6/1/2007, 03:30 PM
i keep waiting for one of these in the Rangers dugout, cept i think the manager will be one of the participants

TopDawg
6/1/2007, 03:42 PM
The Cubs need an opener when Zambrano pitches. His ERA isn't stellar, but his 1st inning ERA has to be in the stratosphere. They need to send someone from the bullpen out there for the first innning and then let Zambrano take the hill in the 2nd.

Of course, it doesn't help when you've got the Bad News Bears behind you.

Mjcpr
6/1/2007, 03:48 PM
I was wrong, it can get worse. :(

I'm thinking Zambrano has one of those "personal catcher" deals with Blanco who went on the DL. Maybe Z and Barrett didn't get along in the first place.

Nice season, Cubs. :rolleyes:

bri
6/1/2007, 03:58 PM
They should have let them have at it. At least that way, one Cub would win something.

Mjcpr
6/1/2007, 04:00 PM
Is Zambrano still wanting $18 mil a season? That would be about $3 million per average earned run.

illinisooner
6/1/2007, 04:58 PM
Maybe the problem is Barrett...first Pierzynski, now Zambrano? Z has been like this his entire career, whether it's screaming at himself or screaming at the other team, he's always been (in the words of Steve Lavin) very demonstrative. Anytime something goes wrong, he acts like a 5 year old. A few years ago against the Cards, Z was pitching and they got like 3 hits in a row off him...so he drills Pujols and Edmonds, and gets kicked out. The NL is comedy central again this year.

GrapevineSooner
6/1/2007, 05:17 PM
i keep waiting for one of these in the Rangers dugout, cept i think the manager will be one of the participants

If only that fight could spill out into the Owner's Box.

CShine
6/1/2007, 05:20 PM
The fight is already up on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMNfsqn6Gak

TopDawg
6/1/2007, 05:45 PM
They're not even good at fighting.

royalfan5
6/1/2007, 06:06 PM
Maybe the problem is Barrett...first Pierzynski, now Zambrano? Z has been like this his entire career, whether it's screaming at himself or screaming at the other team, he's always been (in the words of Steve Lavin) very demonstrative. Anytime something goes wrong, he acts like a 5 year old. A few years ago against the Cards, Z was pitching and they got like 3 hits in a row off him...so he drills Pujols and Edmonds, and gets kicked out. The NL is comedy central again this year.
I think everybody wants to kick Pierzynski's ***. He's pretty much a first class jackass, as evidenced by him spiking Morneau twice the other night.

tulsaoilerfan
6/1/2007, 06:08 PM
They're not even good at fighting.
looked like 2 drunk chicks at the bar with all the slapping going on; this also spilled over to the clubhouse, but haven't heard how bad that was yet. :pop:

illinisooner
6/1/2007, 06:14 PM
Barrett ended up in the hospital, he snuck into the clubhouse to have more words with Z and then he got his lip busted.

TopDawg
6/1/2007, 06:23 PM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/0a/a4/e7ccb340dca04e0663457010._AA240_.L.jpg

Collier11
6/1/2007, 07:03 PM
As usual the Cubs are a joke, the real question is whether or not they will blame this on Bartman also! Zambrano is a loud mouth jerk and I hope barrett got a couple of good shots in on him, nothing made me happier than barrett bustin AJ in the jaw last year.

TopDawg
6/1/2007, 07:15 PM
If Cubs = joke

then...

Cards = .5 game over joke?

Collier11
6/1/2007, 07:26 PM
If Cubs = joke

then...

Cards = .5 game over joke?

The Cubs organization is a joke, you know what I meant! The Cards are defending world champions in case you forgot! The Cardinals didnt spend $300 million in the offseason to be in next to last place, and the Cards dont blame blowing a 3-1 NLCS lead on some fan. Oh yea, did I mention the Cards are world champs, when is the last time the cubbies said that?

GrapevineSooner
6/2/2007, 01:18 AM
About as bad as the Scott Feldman-Adam Kennedy...ummmm....slappy McSlapper fest last August at the Ballpark.

GrapevineSooner
6/2/2007, 01:22 AM
The Cubs organization is a joke, you know what I meant! The Cards are defending world champions in case you forgot!

I think TD's smart enough to figure that out on his own.

The Cardinals didnt spend $300 million in the offseason to be in next to last place, and the Cards dont blame blowing a 3-1 NLCS lead on some fan.

I don't think I've seen TD blame the 2003 NLCS loss on Bartman.

Other Cubs fans? Perhaps.

Put it this way, at least they didn't threaten an umpires life after he blew a call in Game 6 of the 1985 World Series.

Oh yea, did I mention the Cards are world champs, when is the last time the cubbies said that?

Does the phrase act like you've been there before ring a bell?

Then again, last season's championship was probably the Redbirds' first title in your lifetime. Which would explain a lot about you.

TopDawg
6/2/2007, 09:55 AM
Put it this way, at least they didn't threaten an umpires life after he blew a call in Game 6 of the 1985 World Series.

Heh, nicely put.

Collier11
6/2/2007, 12:19 PM
I think TD's smart enough to figure that out on his own.

I don't think I've seen TD blame the 2003 NLCS loss on Bartman.

Other Cubs fans? Perhaps.

Does the phrase act like you've been there before ring a bell?

Then again, last season's championship was probably the Redbirds' first title in your lifetime. Which would explain a lot about you.

If you are saying TD is smart enough to realize that then dont act like im one of the idiot fans who threatened denkenger(spelling?), I have heard a million Cub fans blame that loss on Bartman, what do you mean act like ive been there before. Hell NO, my team is world champions and I was making a point. ITs not like I am flaunting it just to be a jerk, I was making a friendly point to TD. Dont even try and act like you know anythign about me based on a statement I made. TD and I have gone back and forth for a while now but it has never been rude or misguided which is how you are approaching my statements. I should be afraid to ask who your team is based on your overreacting to my statment!

Collier11
6/2/2007, 12:21 PM
Heh, nicely put.

Im pretty sure everyone here realizes that every team has idiot fans and the fact that the Cards still had a game 7 to play and they ended up getting smoked is their own fault. On a lighter note, that was a horrible call though :D

Collier11
6/2/2007, 12:28 PM
The fact that the Cubbies arent even the lovable losers anymore isnt just me as a biased Cardinals fan ripping them, their front office has been a joke for a while. Then this season they waste all that money on a disfunctional team. You have Zambrano whining all offseason about a contract but now he is out their with a 5.62 ERA. Just go to espn.com, mlb.com, or anywhere else that covers the Cubs and see what national writers are saying about them. Look at the fact that the players and Pinella already dont like each other, or the fact that opposing players are even griping about Pinella and his continued childish outbursts.

My Cards are struggling this year, but they are doing that with 4 converted relievers as starters, their two best pitchers on the DL, Eckstein has been hurt much of the year, Pujols slumped big time earlier in the year, and Edmonds and Rolen have been struggling. We also had a pitcher die due to drunk driving(I was at the game the day that he died) and now our starting Left Fielder has a bad infection in his knee. Having said all that, we are still in 2nd place.

Those of you who will say that the NL central is weak, that is a valid point but until another division represents the NL in the WS(nl central 3 straight years) then that doesnt really fly too much.

Collier11
6/2/2007, 12:30 PM
Grapevine, come on man. I know you are still bitter about the last two years with your Mavs, but my Cards got swept in the WS before they won it so dont feel too bad. ;)

Scott D
6/2/2007, 06:27 PM
NL is still a joke