PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever pull a hamstring?

PhxSooner
6/1/2007, 02:45 PM
At least that's what I think I did. Did a lot of housework that involved moving things and stretching out to reach stuff, and felt a twinge, like a cramp, starting in the upper back of my leg that night. It's been a week, and whenever I roll over in bed or get out of it, and things like that, it feels like I have these terrible cramps in the muscles. Thoughts?

OU4LIFE
6/1/2007, 03:00 PM
there's only ONE muscle you can 'pull'.

You may have strained a hamstring, but you didn't 'pull' it.

;)

PhxSooner
6/1/2007, 03:02 PM
Good heavens. I don't think I have that one muscle to pull, anyway.:O

Okay, anyone strained a hamstring?:D

Fugue
6/1/2007, 03:15 PM
they take an eternity to heal, have some patience. :)

Flagstaffsooner
6/1/2007, 03:38 PM
Give Spenser Tillman a call. He had his own massuese.

olevetonahill
6/1/2007, 03:56 PM
Good heavens. I don't think I have that one muscle to pull, anyway.:O

Okay, anyone strained a hamstring?:D
You aint Married ?:D

C&CDean
6/1/2007, 04:25 PM
I'm cracking up here. "I pulled a hammy doing housework."

It's probably not "pulled." If you haven't done some work involving bending over in a long time your hammies can get so damned sore you think they're pulled. Cramp up like a big bitch too. When we first start firewood season mine get sorer than hell.

When you "pull" or actually tear a hammy it's a whole different deal. I've torn mine a couple times trying to stretch a double into a triple, or trying to beat out an infield hit. You actually kind of feel it go "pop" and you ain't running anymore that day. Or the next. Or any days for several weeks. In fact, you have a tough time getting outta bed. Hurts like a mammajamma anytime you barely stretch it.

I finally learned to jog for about 10 minutes, and then slowly stretch the hell outta my hammies before the games. And all during the games. When I started doing that I quit tearing hammies.

Howzit
6/1/2007, 04:28 PM
I finally learned to jog for about 10 minutes, and then slowly stretch the hell outta my hammies before the games. And all during the games. When I started doing that I quit tearing hammies.

Excellent advice. Warmups will greatly reduce injuries.

Phx, jog 10 minutes before anymore housework.

Mjcpr
6/1/2007, 05:04 PM
If you haven't done some work involving bending over in a long time your hammies can get so damned sore you think they're pulled.

So uh, Phx, you done any of that kinda work in a while.

*snicker*

olevetonahill
6/1/2007, 05:29 PM
Answer the dayum ?

PhxSooner
6/1/2007, 07:06 PM
I'm not answering anything that can be construed as self-incriminating. Or fodder for future posts.:mad: :D

And, thanks to Dean, I'm gonna go with the sore/cramp theory. I didn't hear a "pop", and I can walk fine.

Pfft. I shoulda known better.

And I was moving furniture, you pervs.