PDA

View Full Version : Hollis Price

rankin07
6/1/2007, 02:41 PM
I was just thinking about hollis and the good ole days...how the crap did he not make the nba again? Unreal in my opinion if he would have been at duke or north carolina he would have been a lottery pick. And does anyone know where to get some videos of him online when he was at OU? I can't find any none on youtube or anywhere. Only videos of him in Europe. Thanks

Collier11
6/1/2007, 02:47 PM
I was just thinking about hollis and the good ole days...how the crap did he not make the nba again? Unreal in my opinion if he would have been at duke or north carolina he would have been a lottery pick. And does anyone know where to get some videos of him online when he was at OU? I can't find any none on youtube or anywhere. Only videos of him in Europe. Thanks

He didnt make the NBA because he was too light and not enough of an overall attacking athlete to play shooting guard and couldnt dribble well enough to be a point. Thats what I have heard over the years, its really unfortunate because if there was anyone who deserves the money it is someone like him! Hopefully he will still get a shot but I am sure he is making damn good money overseas!

rankin07
6/1/2007, 02:50 PM
ya so true but i just never understood how juan dixon or even john lucas could get a shot in the nba..i know hollis was better then both and they were the same size but ya good luck to him and i hope he has a great career overseas

CU Sooner
6/1/2007, 02:54 PM
That's always been a mystery to me also. Hinrich is playing for the Bulls and I thought Hollis was better than him, bias aside. He was faster, could shoot and was a better defender. The only difference is Hollis is three inches shorter.

Collier11
6/1/2007, 03:33 PM
That's always been a mystery to me also. Hinrich is playing for the Bulls and I thought Hollis was better than him, bias aside. He was faster, could shoot and was a better defender. The only difference is Hollis is three inches shorter.

Well I agree that he is better than Lucas and Dixon(although I heard scouts say they were better shooters than Hollis) but Hinrich is a much better athlete than Hollis and that is what the NBA needs these days

birddog
6/1/2007, 04:23 PM
where does daniel gibson compare with the aformentioned guys?

CU Sooner
6/1/2007, 04:46 PM
Well I agree that he is better than Lucas and Dixon(although I heard scouts say they were better shooters than Hollis) but Hinrich is a much better athlete than Hollis and that is what the NBA needs these days

In what ways is Hinrich a better athlete, the years they played head-to-head it seemed Hollis outplayed him. I'm not downgrading Hinrich he has turned out to be much better than I ever thought, but I never saw him as a better athlete when the two were on the same court.

King Crimson
6/1/2007, 04:49 PM
Hinrich is a good player. Collison is the one who was really overrated. i bet he still has bad dreams about Jahbari Brown owning his *** in the paint. you can say anything about about Jahbari but he came to play against KU.

Collier11
6/1/2007, 04:59 PM
In what ways is Hinrich a better athlete, the years they played head-to-head it seemed Hollis outplayed him. I'm not downgrading Hinrich he has turned out to be much better than I ever thought, but I never saw him as a better athlete when the two were on the same court.

Because Hinrich can dribble better and slash to the basket better. That is what the NBA wants now, unfortunately they dont care about great guys who are great shooters, they want athletes who can get to the hoop!

LittleWingSooner
6/1/2007, 05:09 PM
Hinrich isn't really a better athlete but he's bigger then Hollis at about 6-2 or 6-3 and around 190 or 200. Price is about 6-0 170. Also he's a guy that only can work in a role in the NBA. He wasn't really a capable point guard. He couldn't dribble real well. Hinrich can play the point at the NBA level, you can't say the same for Hollis. The thing Hollis had was he could make just about any jump shot. And he was a really good defender. But could he defend at the NBA level against guards that are 6-6?

I kinda try and see how Hollis does in Europe and he always seems to put up good numbers there.

Collier11
6/1/2007, 05:26 PM
This is all I could find online, though I didnt search much cus Im at work!
One page has his career bests which are pretty impressive!
http://hollis-price.pyrokar.lima-city.de/index.html

King Crimson
6/2/2007, 11:33 AM
some good pictures of Hollis on that site. Hollis=the man.

Big Red Ron
6/2/2007, 12:56 PM
Hollis still may get a shot in the NBA, he's only 26 and a European All Star on his French team.

He played his first 2 pro seasons in France, making the all-star team both years. After playing this past summer with the Houston Rockets’ summer league squad, Price has moved to Germany. He is averaging 14.8 points, 3.5 boards & 3.6 assists for Alba Berlin this year.

He's also made a ton of money when he signed with the German team.

King Crimson
6/2/2007, 12:57 PM
he's also the team captain, which should surprise no one.

fwsooner22
6/2/2007, 04:14 PM
Hate to say it but Hinrich is a far better athlete than HP. Hollis is one of my all-time favorite sooners.........but Hinrich can do more things and do them better.

okienole3
6/2/2007, 04:34 PM
Hinrich isn't really a better athlete but he's bigger then Hollis at about 6-2 or 6-3 and around 190 or 200. Price is about 6-0 170. Also he's a guy that only can work in a role in the NBA. He wasn't really a capable point guard. He couldn't dribble real well. Hinrich can play the point at the NBA level, you can't say the same for Hollis. The thing Hollis had was he could make just about any jump shot. And he was a really good defender. But could he defend at the NBA level against guards that are 6-6?

I kinda try and see how Hollis does in Europe and he always seems to put up good numbers there.

INCORRECT about Hinrich.

LittleWingSooner
6/2/2007, 05:20 PM
He's listed at 6-3 190 and has averaged over 6 assists a game in his NBA career. Also has scored about 15 a game his career.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kirk_hinrich/

Collier11
6/2/2007, 05:27 PM
INCORRECT about Hinrich.

I really really really really really............................................ .................................................. .really really really hate to agree with LWS, but Hinrich is a far superior athlete to Hollis or Lucas. Thats why he was a Top 10 pick. Ask anyone who follows bball extremely close and isnt just an OU homer and they will tell you that Hinrich is just a much better pro type player. I think in my heart of hearts that Hollis was a much better college player than Hinrich, but those two distinctions are completely diff unfortunately!

LittleWingSooner
6/2/2007, 05:32 PM
I didn't say he's a much better athlete. But he's bigger and he can do more for the pro level. If Hollis could have ever developed as a point he's probably in the NBA right now. There aren't many guys that' are 6-0 170 and just are in the game for shooting in the NBA anymore.

sanantoniosooner
6/2/2007, 05:42 PM
Hollis pretty much gave up when Helander left the board.

okienole3
6/2/2007, 07:49 PM
I really really really really really............................................ .................................................. .really really really hate to agree with LWS, but Hinrich is a far superior athlete to Hollis or Lucas. Thats why he was a Top 10 pick. Ask anyone who follows bball extremely close and isnt just an OU homer and they will tell you that Hinrich is just a much better pro type player. I think in my heart of hearts that Hollis was a much better college player than Hinrich, but those two distinctions are completely diff unfortunately!

I agree with you. I was saying that Hinrich IS a better athlete than Hollis.

okienole3
6/2/2007, 07:52 PM
I didn't say he's a much better athlete. But he's bigger and he can do more for the pro level. If Hollis could have ever developed as a point he's probably in the NBA right now. There aren't many guys that' are 6-0 170 and just are in the game for shooting in the NBA anymore.

In addition to being taller/bigger, Hinrich is a far superior athlete to Hollis.

william_brasky
6/2/2007, 08:11 PM
I heard Hinrich has over a 40 inch vertical and benches 350. :texan: