PDA

View Full Version : There's only ONE!...

StoopTroup
6/1/2007, 12:55 PM
IMO this was great a great intro...

This may be one of the best ideas for bringing the past together with the present...

I think they should try and continue doing these however...at what point do they run out of folks from the past that would or could participate in the making of the videos? It seems to me that in time it might run it's course.

I love these but I'm also excited about seeing what's in store for this year...

So...

A little poll...

"ONE" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjJswFPFruo&NR=1)

Do you think "ONE" should continue to be the opening sequence at games?

OUTrumpet
6/1/2007, 01:06 PM
I think the best intro video we've had recently was 2003. Saying we were going to dominate you in every facet of the game. And then doing it. Stoops is always asking 'what is swagger' whenever the media brings up that phrase.

That, Coach Stoops, was swagger.

garland sooner
6/1/2007, 01:09 PM
I voted and say it has run its course. I am the type of person who feels that things would be better if they weren't buried into the ground. I would rather look back and say, "That was the coolest intro ever!," instead of saying, "I am sick and tired of it. It was cool for a time and then it got overplayed."

Don't get me wrong, I'd still be excited and get chills if they keep playing it.

CU Sooner
6/1/2007, 01:16 PM
Help me out, is this played at the games? First time I have ever seen it.

StoopTroup
6/1/2007, 01:27 PM
Yes...they play it on the Mega-Board.

The Maestro
6/1/2007, 01:28 PM
I say next year they keep it up, do the Bob and Barry thing...but have DeMarcus Granger with Tommie Harris, Roy Williams with Reggie Smith, Uwe with Garrett (maybe...would be fun to see Uwe's kick vs. Ohio State in it!) and, with a twist, AD and Allen Patrick! Sort of like handing it off to him.

Collier11
6/1/2007, 01:31 PM
Im sick of the "Theres only one" crap, it makes everything too individualistic. I too like the 2003 one where we basically said our team is gonna whip your teams azz!!!

TheUnnamedSooner
6/1/2007, 01:41 PM
There's only one Oklahoma is a great line. But I think they should go back to what they used to do when Soonervision first came out.... Showing clips of past OU teams beating the team they were playing. Of course, we were losing then, but it was cool anyway....

joe4sooners
6/1/2007, 01:48 PM
Help me out, is this played at the games? First time I have ever seen it.
Have you been to any of the games????? my fav was when bob held up a football and said we are going to do what it takes to turn this into this and held up the crystal football from the national championship trophy!:lwm:

The_Red_Patriot
6/1/2007, 01:56 PM
Maybe they can include the biggest OU legend--Bud

CU Sooner
6/1/2007, 02:57 PM
Have you been to any of the games????? my fav was when bob held up a football and said we are going to do what it takes to turn this into this and held up the crystal football from the national championship trophy!:lwm:

Unfortunately not since the early nineties, living in Denver keeps me from the home games. However, I will be in Folsom field September 29.

Seamus
6/1/2007, 03:13 PM
Any linky to the 2003 yo' azz iz grazz video?

CatfishSooner
6/1/2007, 03:18 PM
I like ONE & don't think it has ran its course yet..

soonerboy_odanorth
6/1/2007, 03:23 PM
Keep it fresh, IMO.

(Though I loved the intro that ended with James Garner, "major medical and dental insurance recommended"...)

soonerndn
6/1/2007, 04:00 PM
There's so many great ones still available to do a video, let's do it again with different former and current players and coaches (but keep Barry and Bob, of course).

JDawg2303
6/1/2007, 04:19 PM
I think they need to do something else. I also agree that 2003 was the best but I still get chills watching "ONE" videos. I think they should do both. Show one when they leave the tunnel to do their warm-ups and one when they come out of the tunnel to get the game started. I would love to have 2 Intro videos. That would be all kinds of good feelings.

Jimminy Crimson
6/1/2007, 05:58 PM
There's only one....

Brent Rawls
Thank you, jeebus!

Collier11
6/1/2007, 07:07 PM
Theres only one Patrick Fletcher, Only one Matt Mccoy, only one Hays Mceachern!

MichiganSooner
6/1/2007, 07:16 PM
There is only ONE is the only way to do it. Before I moved to Oklahoma, I did not know why fans held up one finger during the chant and maybe during Booner Sooner. I thought fans were saying "we're #1" which I thought was dumb during an Alma Mater. There is only ONE Jason White, ONE Bob Stoops, and ONE Oklahoma is a classic.

josh09
6/1/2007, 07:17 PM
It gets me pumped up.....

Therefore it should stay

Jack T.
6/1/2007, 09:19 PM
2003 Intro (http://youtube.com/watch?v=pUqJL164aMU)

"And there's not one thing you can do about it"

:D :D :D WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

MojoRisen
6/1/2007, 09:24 PM
I think they should redo it - and add some more hard core music too it- throw in some ROY hits and etc - maybe ricky dixon or something like that-

The theme is great - but I think it could be more hard core potentially - so new intro - same theme.

goingoneight
6/1/2007, 11:05 PM
Maybe they can include the biggest OU legend--Bud

I heard Alabama was doing a Saban and Bryant video... :D

insuranceman_22
6/1/2007, 11:27 PM
Keep it, but refresh it. I get chills everytime too..... It's a great intro....

batonrougesooner
6/2/2007, 01:11 AM
I thought it was good but not spectacular.

StoopTroup
6/2/2007, 04:41 PM
2003 Intro (http://youtube.com/watch?v=pUqJL164aMU)

"And there's not one thing you can do about it"

:D :D :D WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!
We definitely have been blessed with some great videos the last 8 years.

I liked the James Garner stuff too.

He was the Commencement Speaker at my little Brothers Graduation...

Good Times...

MamaMia
6/2/2007, 07:16 PM
We're not even close to running out of OU greats that we could include in the pre-game video, but whats the problem with seeing the most popular ones every season, as long as, God willing, they're still with us?

Tailwind
6/2/2007, 07:42 PM
I like it.

Scott D
6/2/2007, 07:57 PM
a promo theme usually has a shelf life of two seasons. 2003 was better than what they've rolled out the past few years, but then again the 2003 was suppossed to be the greatest team assembled since football was invented. So the preseason hype played a LOT into how that video was set up.

They need to find a better way to mix recognizing past greats with the current roster without singling out current players. I'm sure they'll come up with something for 2007, and it might even go away from the "There's Only One" theme.

MamaMia
6/3/2007, 02:18 PM
Excuse please...but what exactly does voting for the Most definitely category mean? :)

IronHorseSooner
6/3/2007, 02:22 PM
Ironically, I was thinking about this today and about exactly what players on th current roster we would highlight and who would be the legend to go with them.
Reggie Smith- Antonio Perkins (punt returns)
I agree with Tommie/DeMarcus, Uwe/Garrett, and AD/AP.
Marcus Walker- Derrick Strait
Keith Jackson- Jermaine Gresham
Mark Clayton- Malcolm Kelly

Any thoughts?

Collier11
6/3/2007, 02:31 PM
Ironically, I was thinking about this today and about exactly what players on th current roster we would highlight and who would be the legend to go with them.

Any thoughts?

I have a problem singling out individuals, especially when they havent really done much in their career. Gresham and Granger? Both have had nice moments and look like theyll be great but come on. I want something that gets us away from the individual, how about "our 11 are better than your 11...BITCH!" :D

Soonerus
6/3/2007, 03:40 PM
I vote for a newer and better intro...

MamaMia
6/3/2007, 05:41 PM
Texas Tech had the same video on their screen the last time we played them in Sandville Los Lubbock, only with players and such I've never heard of. I was very surprised they didn't have a "Theres only one bell ringer." :P

goingoneight
6/3/2007, 11:12 PM
How about for Bed-dumb... we make sure to turn up the speakers really loud as Mark Clayton announces--

There's only ONE-- Ryan Broyles!!!

Even if he's the third string holder, that **** would be priceless! :D

Big Red Ron
6/4/2007, 08:17 AM
a promo theme usually has a shelf life of two seasons. .That depends and isn't exactly right. Are we trying to brand OU as Number one, visa vi, "there's only one?" I think so. Given the fact that our hand signal is the number one sign. I think we're going to stick with this theme for a very long time. So when people think of number one in CF History Oklahoma pops right up there. You'd be surprised at how many people nationally put us in the Ohio State, Texas, Florida, FSU, Miami, category, which is clearly tier two in college football. Noter Dame is the gold standard because they've told us so forever. OU has as much of a claim as them and Alabama to be in the number one/two spot.

OUstud
6/6/2007, 12:23 AM
I remember loving the Only One intro when it was first played vs. TCU. I thought it would be a great one-time thing, but then it got old IMO. I liked the Party Hard and Saturday Night's Alright intros the best. Those got the stadium going.

insuranceman_22
6/10/2007, 12:45 AM

Any thoughts?

Hopefully in a couple of years AD & DeMarco Murray can intro each other.....just hoping!

illinisooner
6/10/2007, 09:05 AM
A&M uses the same music (The Contender theme) for theirs.

Boffingham
6/10/2007, 10:06 AM
i like 1997 intro...awesome computer graphics of the schooner coming from outer space through the tunnel. it was almost as cool as the sooner shockwave

Larry&Leisa
6/12/2007, 09:25 PM
We've certainly had some great intros...I've gotta vote for something different this year tho. I always liked the one that used 'the hives', hate to say I told you so'.. been looking for a linky to that one. :O

snp
6/12/2007, 11:14 PM
i like 1997 intro...awesome computer graphics of the schooner coming from outer space through the tunnel. it was almost as cool as the sooner shockwave

That reminds me of something I'd see at the Astrodome.

MamaMia
6/13/2007, 11:29 AM
I'm going to assume that "Most Definately" catagory means to keep the same theme, which would mean that the vote is really 47 to 27 to keep the same theme.

CincySooner
6/13/2007, 12:11 PM

I really hope you are being sarcastic... those graphics were HORRIBLE.

TopDawg
6/14/2007, 06:06 PM
We definitely have been blessed with some great videos the last 8 years.

I liked the James Garner stuff too.

I don't really remember having a cool one in '99. Wasn't the historical-ish Garner one the 2000 one? That was when I remember them starting to get really awesome.

I was sad when they went away from those, but then it lead to the 2003 one which was awesome. I was sad when they went away from it, but then it lead to the "There's only 1" one, which was awesome. I'd also like to see a departure from so much focus on the individuals, but somehow still tying into the There's Only 1.

Whatever they do, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/15/2007, 10:43 AM
I don't really remember having a cool one in '99. Wasn't the historical-ish Garner one the 2000 one? That was when I remember them starting to get really awesome.

I was sad when they went away from those, but then it lead to the 2003 one which was awesome. I was sad when they went away from it, but then it lead to the "There's only 1" one, which was awesome. I'd also like to see a departure from so much focus on the individuals, but somehow still tying into the There's Only 1.

Whatever they do, I'm sure it'll be awesome.
everything is just so.... awesome...! :P

TopDawg
6/15/2007, 10:52 AM
everything is just so.... awesome...! :P

There is definitely some awe involved.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/15/2007, 10:55 AM
There is definitely some awe involved.
Yeah, if you didn't notice, you used that word in almost every sentence.

TopDawg
6/15/2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah, if you didn't notice, you used that word in almost every sentence.

Yeah. I wondered who would be first to point it out. Once I realized I had used it a couple of times I just kept throwing it in there. I thought about saying "but somehow still tying into the There's Only 1 because that's so awesomely awesome" but I thought that would be overkill. :D

Petro-Sooner
6/15/2007, 11:26 AM
We need a new intro. The old has run its course. My favorite was the 2000 season.

sooner518
6/15/2007, 11:51 AM
"Im going to do everything in my power, to separate you from this ball"
"we're going to do everything we can to turn this ball......into this ball!"

i still get fired up when I see that video.

The "Only One" videos are ok. But I want to see more "we're gonna kick your *** and not think twice about it, then we'll spit on your broken body....etc" type videos

Socrefbek
6/15/2007, 09:40 PM
I vote for "MAKE IT STOP!" :P

:D :D :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a56qCL8tM7U&mode=related&search=

We need to return to those days!

Scott D
6/15/2007, 10:25 PM
I vote for "MAKE IT STOP!" :P

:D :D :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a56qCL8tM7U&mode=related&search=

We need to return to those days!

"MAKE IT STOP!" is what I think every time someone lets Ric Renner near a camera and microphone.