PDA

View Full Version : Wii

Sooner in Tampa
6/1/2007, 06:46 AM
Damn...I didn't realize that this console was so hard to get your hands on :eek: Mrs. CSF thought it would cool to look into getting the girls a Wii...so we head on over to Best Buy to check them out and get more information. We like what we hear...so we tell them we would like...so would many other people...it seems that they go sale usually Sunday morning and they are gone by Sunday afternoon :eek:

Sooooooo...we got to Target, GameStop, WalMart x2, and Circuit City...NOT ONE available...So NOW Mrs. CSF has go to have one, especially after all of the good stuff the dude and Best Buy was telling us...Not to mention that we have several friends and associates that scream raves about this gaming system.

Widescreen
6/1/2007, 08:01 AM
My son wants one. They do look pretty cool. I'd personally want a PS3 but primarily because of its built-in Blu-Ray player. :)

SoonerJack
6/1/2007, 08:02 AM
CSF, check the Craigslist for your area. I found ours on there. Of course, I paid about $50 over retail for it, but to me it was worth not having to wait outside a Target or Wal-Mart or whatever. It is a fun system and quite revolutionary. Not a ton of games available yet, but Wii sports and Wii play have given us plenty to do in the first month we've had it.

olevetonahill
6/1/2007, 08:11 AM
Have you thought about entering a Radio station Contest

Sooner in Tampa
6/1/2007, 08:16 AM
Have you thought about entering a Radio station Contest:eek: No way dude...they want you do some crazy ****e and I don't want one that bad...now if it were for XBOX 360, IN!

Soonrboy
6/1/2007, 08:17 AM
I don't know how the walmarts are where you are, but here, we had to drive to a small town (Lindsay) that had one of the small wal-marts and they had several.

Sooner in Tampa
6/1/2007, 08:22 AM
I don't know how the walmarts are where you are, but here, we had to drive to a small town (Lindsay) that had one of the small wal-marts and they had several.We tried a SuperWalmart and then we tried a little one that is out of the way...no luck. We may be in luck at Circuit City later on tonight. They had them on sale Sunday because of the Sunday Paper flyer...their shipment was late, so they gave out vouchers. If the vouchers aren't turned in today, then they are going to go ahead and sell them to the general public.

olevetonahill
6/1/2007, 08:23 AM
:eek: No way dude...they want you do some crazy ****e and I don't want one that bad...now if it were for XBOX 360, IN!
Was just a thot bro . Just trying to be helpful .:D

Pricetag
6/1/2007, 09:48 AM
:eek: No way dude...they want you do some crazy ****e and I don't want one that bad...now if it were for XBOX 360, IN!
You must have missed the story earlier in the year where a woman died trying to win a Wii from a radio station. The contest was called "Hold your wee for a Wii," and contestants had to drink a bunch of water and hold their pee for as long as possible, with the longest hold out getting the console. Unfortunately, the station didn't look into the possiblity of water poisoning, and a woman died from consuming too much water too quickly.

My wife has gone nuts wanting a Wii, as well. She's left me two messages this morning trying to get me to call EB Games. I never dreamed they'd be this tough to find so long after release. I know they're pretty hot, but there's no way the demand is that high. Nintendo needs to ratchet up production or something.

olevetonahill
6/1/2007, 10:05 AM
CSF we for got to put the ;) in our posts .:D

crawfish
6/1/2007, 11:14 AM
My wife called 10 stores daily...for nearly a month...before we got ours two days after Christmas.

Now it sits unused because there aren't enough games out for it yet. :)

Beef
6/1/2007, 11:15 AM
My roommate bought hers off ebay. It was worth the extra $50 to her. We still only have wii sports and play it all the time.

Frozen Sooner
6/1/2007, 11:20 AM
My son wants one. They do look pretty cool. I'd personally want a PS3 but primarily because of its built-in Blu-Ray player. :)

Best reason to buy one.

That and SACD support.

frankensooner
6/1/2007, 11:21 AM
My wife ordered me one for my birfday from Gamestop. She ordered it on Tuesday, paid for overnight, and it still isn't here. You have to buy a bundle though that add a couple of hundred to the cost, but you get games and accessories that will be cool.

mxATVracer10
6/1/2007, 11:36 AM
I got mine from a friend that waited in line on launch day for it... Right now mine is basically doing the same as crawfish's, but we did fire it up when my brother came down over the weekend and made drinking games out of Wii Sports. :D I think thats what they invented this thing for anyways right? Good times, Good times :texan:

soonerscuba
6/1/2007, 11:43 AM
Best Buy is blowing smoke up your *** about Sunday morning sales... trust me, and good luck.

Also, is it reasonable to eat food off of wood when you have a perfectly good tummy? I'm surprised I was the first to make this reference.

Beef
6/1/2007, 11:44 AM
http://wiimbledon.net/

Penguin
6/1/2007, 11:51 AM
I got really lucky and went on Amazon for the 2 minutes they had it for sale.

Just check out this website. (http://www.outtastock.com/wii/)

It refreshes on its own. You have to get really lucky.

I absolutely love my Wii. I was freaking sore for the first few days after I got it. But, it's all good. I really get into it. I just know I'll be one of those morons that will throw a controller into a tv.

PhxSooner
6/1/2007, 11:53 AM
We tried to find one around late Feb/early Mar. Gave up after the only way you could get one was buy it in a bundle for about $650.

frankensooner
6/1/2007, 11:56 AM
Our bundle was 450 and it did equal out to about that in the extras. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B020070N

Sooner in Tampa
6/1/2007, 12:51 PM
I got really lucky and went on Amazon for the 2 minutes they had it for sale.

Just check out this website. (http://www.outtastock.com/wii/)

It refreshes on its own. You have to get really lucky.

I absolutely love my Wii. I was freaking sore for the first few days after I got it. But, it's all good. I really get into it. I just know I'll be one of those morons that will throw a controller into a tv.That is sick...there are two green lights out of all of those sites...and everything I read, the people hate having to buy the bundles.

SoonerJack
6/1/2007, 01:55 PM
Seriously, keep an eye on craigslist and you can get one without a bundle for a fairly reasonable markup.

olevetonahill
6/1/2007, 05:18 PM
What will you give fer one ? hell Ill go steal My grandkids. Let my kid turn it in to insurance !:eek:

def_lazer_fc
6/1/2007, 07:01 PM
you could get your brother in law, who runs a gamestop, to hold one for you. i hear thats a pretty easy route.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/2/2007, 12:51 AM
My girlfriend keeps pushing for a Wii. I, on the other hand, prefer getting an XBOX 360.

NormanPride
6/2/2007, 12:55 AM
My girlfriend keeps pushing for a Wii. I, on the other hand, prefer getting an XBOX 360.

Enjoy that Red Circle of death or whatever it is that's killing them.

Sooner in Tampa
6/2/2007, 07:52 AM
What will you give fer one ? hell Ill go steal My grandkids. Let my kid turn it in to insurance !:eek:Vet...I appreciate that sentiment. I just don't think I could live with myself if I knew it was hot ;)

Sooner in Tampa
6/2/2007, 04:06 PM
Well, we found a Wii at an obscure Circuit City in St. Pete...the girls are playing it now. It seems pretty fun.

Pricetag
6/2/2007, 06:46 PM
We got one at FYE at the Tulsa Promende today. We were there to check out Gamestop, but they didn't have any. As long as we were there, we checked the FYE, but they didn't even have any Wii games or accessories out. My wife asked the guy behind the counter, and they had one. Weird.

StoopTroup
6/2/2007, 06:49 PM
Our PS2 just became a boat anchor...

My Wife saw a Pirates of the Caribbean Wii game at Blockbuster...

We will more than likely be sending Santa a message for our need for a Wii...

mxATVracer10
6/2/2007, 10:46 PM
Enjoy that Red Circle of death or whatever it is that's killing them.

Yep, my brother's 360 did that a couple weeks ago. M$ wants about 150 to fix it :mad:

olevetonahill
6/2/2007, 10:51 PM
Vet...I appreciate that sentiment. I just don't think I could live with myself if I knew it was hot ;)
I was just kiddin
The lil bastages would just have sniveled and cryed :eek: