PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues Dallas

Boarder
5/31/2007, 10:37 PM
Anyone ever go to a concert there? What's the seating like? they have general admission, balcony, and box. Anything to campare it to?

The night before OU/tx they're having a concert I'd like to go to. Thought I'd ask.

Paperclip
5/31/2007, 10:40 PM
I saw DCB at Lloyd Noble. Love those guys.

Boarder
5/31/2007, 10:45 PM
The Rippingtons are also playing there in July. I've come close to getting to see them several times but haven't.

And, the House of Blues concert seemed like a cool thing to do the night before the game. Since I'll be there anyway.

SoonerProphet
6/1/2007, 07:06 AM
Going over there on the 20th of this month to check out Les Claypool.

Howzit
6/1/2007, 07:50 AM
I haven't been yet, but work with a couple of guys that have. They did general admission and said they wouldn't do it again, they would do balcony seating. But they're old like me. ;)

Probably depends a lot on the show.

TexasLidig8r
6/1/2007, 08:54 AM
HOBs are pretty much all the same... try to get balcony seating if you can.. the great unwashed will be all over general admission and you will be standing the whole time.

Victory Park is going to be CRAZY the night before the Texas - OU game... N9ne, Nove, Keneshe, the Ghost Bar....

Boarder
6/1/2007, 10:09 AM
I haven't been yet, but work with a couple of guys that have. They did general admission and said they wouldn't do it again, they would do balcony seating. But they're old like me. ;)

Probably depends a lot on the show.
Yeah, I've had my fill of general admission. Although this is a pretty mild concert. I'll probably go balcony.

colleyvillesooner
6/1/2007, 10:14 AM
HOBs are pretty much all the same... try to get balcony seating if you can.. the great unwashed will be all over general admission and you will be standing the whole time.

Victory Park is going to be CRAZY the night before the Texas - OU game... N9ne, Nove, Keneshe, the Ghost Bar....

I wonder how far in advance you can get a reservation at N9ne. We have some friends coming in town for the game and would like to show them that area.

TexasLidig8r
6/1/2007, 10:43 AM
I wonder how far in advance you can get a reservation at N9ne. We have some friends coming in town for the game and would like to show them that area.

You know it's gonna be packed. I actually liked Nove, next door to it more. There are so many good steak places here in Dallas, that N9ne is really good, the atmosphere is different, but still... Nove, fresh pasta, great ingredients, edgy atmosphere, stellar wine list, hostesses in Fredericks of Hollywood bustiers....

colleyvillesooner
6/1/2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah, sounds right up my wife's alley. ;)

StoopTroup
6/1/2007, 01:23 PM
Going over there on the 20th of this month to check out Brittney Spears.

FIXED ;)