PDA

View Full Version : softball CWS

OKLA21FAN
5/31/2007, 09:17 PM
it would be cool if Baylor would hang a great number this weekend.

SIC EM!

SOONER STEAKER
6/1/2007, 08:08 AM
Last nights BU/UA game was awesome IN the bottom 9th, the commentators were talking about the wind coming up, first pitch, change-up left high in the zone that landed 205ft down the 200ft left field line.

Abbott was very impressive, would love to be in the box with her in the circle. Might look foolish but it would be challenging.

SoonerInKCMO
6/1/2007, 10:54 AM
I thought Taryne Mowatt (U of A pitcher) was impressive too - over 150 pitches and no earned runs over nine innings.

SOONER STEAKER
6/1/2007, 12:18 PM
She was rally impressive from the CF camera, if ya know what I mean. When I played I couldn't lay off the CB, the Baylor girls couldn't lay off the change-up. One Big 12 school will be exiting tomorrow as BU & A&M meet in the losers bracket.

King Crimson
6/2/2007, 08:37 PM
i watched part of the Depaul-UA game and that girl from U of A was safe on the pick off at 3rd in the inning U of A scored their two runs. turned out it didn't matter, but that was a bad call by the 3rd base ump.

Newbomb Turk
6/2/2007, 08:39 PM
I just can't get into chick softball - other than the occasional hot player. It is just so pitcher dominated - and the same pitcher can throw game after game.

OSUFAN11
6/2/2007, 09:33 PM
I just can't get into chick softball - other than the occasional hot player. It is just so pitcher dominated - and the same pitcher can throw game after game.

You could always watch the OSU-Arkansas baseball game!;)

Newbomb Turk
6/2/2007, 09:43 PM
You could always watch the OSU-Arkansas baseball game!;)

you could always (_x_)

OSUFAN11
6/2/2007, 09:49 PM
you could always (_x_)

ohh, I guess I should not have said that considering sports are over for OU until next year. My bad!;)

OKLA21FAN
6/2/2007, 10:07 PM
ohh, I guess I should not have said that considering sports are over for OU until next year. My bad!;)

i guess NCAA track and field 'don't count' anymore

Newbomb Turk
6/2/2007, 10:09 PM

just to make sure you knew my intent:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94382

OSUFAN11
6/2/2007, 10:09 PM
i guess NCAA track and field 'don't count' anymore

Wow I am floored that an OU fan would mention track and field. Everytime an OSU fan mentions anything other than a big time sport, most OU fans start laughing. Maybe if your baseball team was better you wouldnt have to bring up track and field.;)

OKLA21FAN
6/2/2007, 10:47 PM
Wow I am floored that an OU fan would mention track and field. Everytime an OSU fan mentions anything other than a big time sport, most OU fans start laughing. Maybe if your baseball team was better you wouldnt have to bring up track and field.;)

yeah, i guess it is not a 'sport', unless the whole team can qualify for the national chmpionship, not just a bunch of 'individuals'

so much for those rasslin NC too!

and maybe if you would have your facts correct, it would not have been brought up either!

silly aggies

SOONER STEAKER
6/2/2007, 10:53 PM
OSUFAN, enjoy beating Arkansas and possibly winning that Regional.. If you o win, gusss what, you gotta go to Mizzou and play that team the BLASTED ya not once but FOUR times. I can see ya hakng in your boots right now.

OSUFAN11
6/2/2007, 11:15 PM
OSUFAN, enjoy beating Arkansas and possibly winning that Regional.. If you o win, gusss what, you gotta go to Mizzou and play that team the BLASTED ya not once but FOUR times. I can see ya hakng in your boots right now.

We are playing good right now. We have played like crap every time we played Missouri so as long as we keep playing like we are now, then I have no worries. Hope Sonny the stache Golloway is having fun watching this tournament.

OSUFAN11
6/2/2007, 11:19 PM
yeah, i guess it is not a 'sport', unless the whole team can qualify for the national chmpionship, not just a bunch of 'individuals'

so much for those rasslin NC too!

and maybe if you would have your facts correct, it would not have been brought up either!

silly aggies

I never said it was not a sport. I remember bringing up cross country one time and all of you ou fans started acting like it was no big deal since it was not a big time sport. Please tell me how track and field is more important than cross country.

BTW, OSU 14 Arkansas 3 FINAL!

OKLA21FAN
6/3/2007, 06:58 AM
I never said it was not a sport. I remember bringing up cross country one time and all of you ou fans started acting like it was no big deal since it was not a big time sport. Please tell me how track and field is more important than cross country.

nice spin,

bottom line, you were incorrect in your attempt to take a stab. Aggie loses again.

SOONER STEAKER
6/3/2007, 11:33 AM
OSUFAN, the Razorbacks have tons of pitching. You guys have played 2 games and that staff is just about used up. You have the kd from Hillsdale nicknamd (whiplash) and then Beano and Mercer. You gotta admit your pretty thin at that spot. Your bats go silent today though. You'll be playing tomorow and get sent back to Stollwater with your heads up your arse.

King Crimson
6/3/2007, 11:34 AM
hey Gooner, i may have overstepped before. apologies. dig?

OSUFAN11
6/3/2007, 11:57 AM
OSUFAN, the Razorbacks have tons of pitching. You guys have played 2 games and that staff is just about used up. You have the kd from Hillsdale nicknamd (whiplash) and then Beano and Mercer. You gotta admit your pretty thin at that spot. Your bats go silent today though. You'll be playing tomorow and get sent back to Stollwater with your heads up your arse.

First of all, we have only used 3 pitchers. 1 on Friday and 2 yesterday. I think we are doing just fine. Arkansas's ace didnt do too well against us yesterday. Take away those two wild pitches in the Big 12 tournament and I would say that Mercer has been doing pretty good this year. Besides, how are you sure that Arkansas will win this afternoon? I will admit that our pitching has not been our strong point this year but right now our pitching is doing really well. I am glad that you are so confident that our bats will go silent today. I dont know what will happen but I am sitting pretty comfortable as of right now.

OSUFAN11
6/3/2007, 11:58 AM
nice spin,

bottom line, you were incorrect in your attempt to take a stab. Aggie loses again.

True, I may have forgotten about Track and Field but how many people are actually paying attention to it?

OKLA21FAN
6/3/2007, 12:48 PM
True, I may have forgotten about Track and Field but how many people are actually paying attention to it?

probably about is many that pay attention to rasslin

aggie loses again :pop:

SOONER STEAKER
6/3/2007, 02:19 PM
Sonny is licking the stache. He should be gearing up for recruiting. Get some pitchers to transfer into Norman and go get some more pitchers.

Oh yea, go steal a kid who can hit the long ball. I can't remember the last time we had a real HR hitter. (Dobbs)? The JC's have some kids, hit the road, rattle some bushes and turn over some rocks. That's the only way to find the good prospects.

1stTimeCaller
6/3/2007, 03:34 PM
there are some very pretty girls playing in OKC right now.

Newbomb Turk
6/3/2007, 03:37 PM
there are some very pretty girls playing in OKC right now.

what are they playing?

:hot:

OSUFAN11
6/3/2007, 06:18 PM

aggie loses again :pop:

did I say anything about wrestling. gooner loses. I was talking about baseball. gooner loses again.

1stTimeCaller
6/3/2007, 06:45 PM
with OSU being 'the State's University', what state is that? The Sooner state or the Gooner state?

Why do most all alumni from A&M schools feel so inferior to alumni from the flagship universities?

SoonerInKCMO
6/3/2007, 06:48 PM
Why do most all alumni from A&M schools feel so inferior to alumni from the flagship universities?

Is 'because they are' too obvious of an answer? :confused:

SoonerInKCMO
6/3/2007, 06:48 PM
Back on topic - My Wildcats just went up 3-0. Wooo.

OKLA21FAN
6/3/2007, 07:17 PM
did I say anything about wrestling. gooner loses. I was talking about baseball. gooner loses again.
baseball is just as good

didn't know okie lite played in the SEC

keep tryin

OSUFAN11
6/3/2007, 07:29 PM
baseball is just as good

keep tryin

What are you talking about? Who said anything abou the SEC? What are you smoking?

Newbomb Turk
6/3/2007, 07:36 PM
aggie - take it to the aggie board. or at least the baseball CWS thread.

OKLA21FAN
6/3/2007, 07:37 PM
What are you talking about? Who said anything abou the SEC? What are you smoking?
learn attendance figures and better yet....'does anyone notice'

aggie loses again

OSUFAN11
6/3/2007, 07:44 PM

aggie loses again

Now you are bringing up attendace? I dont know what you are on but it must be good because you are bringing up things that have not even been mentioned.

OKLA21FAN
6/3/2007, 07:49 PM
Now you are bringing up attendace? I dont know what you are on but it must be good because you are bringing up things that have not even been mentioned.

you brought up 'paying attention'...not I

keep diggin:pop:

OSUFAN11
6/3/2007, 07:56 PM
you brought up 'paying attention'...not I

keep diggin:pop:

Here is our conversation.

-Originally Posted by OSUFAN11

-Originally Posted by OKLA21FAN

aggie loses again

baseball is just as good

keep tryin

aggie loses again

_____

Please tell me why SEC or attendance was brought up in this conversation. You need to lay off the drugs.

OKLA21FAN
6/3/2007, 08:05 PM
heh!
track and field dont count'

(i never said that)

some how 'paying attention' matters to you
(see SEC baseball attendance)

'The Sooner athletic season is over........'

you got caught in a dig that didnt work and wasnt fact....you have been spining ever since

;)

OSUFAN11
6/3/2007, 08:10 PM
heh!
track and field dont count'

(i never said that)

some how 'paying attention' matters to you
(see SEC baseball attendance)

'The Sooner athletic season is over........'

you got caught in a dig that didnt work and wasnt fact....now you try to spin out of it

;)

I never said that you thought track and field didnt count. I did say that ou fans have said that the only sports that matter are the MAJOR SPORTS and I thought it was funny that you would bring up track and field since there is no major sport going on for OU. As for paying attention. I was talking about OU and OSU....not SEC baseball. You just pulled that out of your cracked up head. Again, I did get caught saying that the sooner athletic season is over but who in the heck cares about track and field. I bet that more people are interested in baseball right now than track and field. Like I said before, lay off the crack!

Gooner loses.

Newbomb Turk
6/3/2007, 08:13 PM
good gosh - he said, she said. give it a rest!

OKLA21FAN
6/3/2007, 08:24 PM
I did say that ou fans have said that the only sports that matter are the MAJOR SPORTS and I thought it was funny that you would bring up track and field since there is no major sport going on for OU.

wow
painting with a broad brush today?

OSUFAN11
6/3/2007, 08:26 PM
wow
painting with a broad brush today?

Everything you have said today makes no sense. My 3 year old nephew makes more sense than you do right now.

OKLA21FAN
6/3/2007, 08:33 PM
Everything you have said today makes no sense. My 3 year old nephew makes more sense than you do right now.
maybe so.

does he catch you in your spin multiple times a day too?:rolleyes:

OSUFAN11
6/3/2007, 09:49 PM

OSU 7 ARKANSAS 6 FINAL

OSU IS HEADED TO A SUPER REGIONAL

So much for our bats going silent today!

SOONER STEAKER
6/3/2007, 11:03 PM
If Mizzou wins you go on the road. Ex-Cowboy turned L'ville Crdinal, KyleHollander, beats Mizzou today 4-3. He accompished what not one guy on your staff could do, which is beat Mizzou.

Mizzou should prevail tomorrow and if so, the TIGERS own ya.

Go ahead celebrate tonight, "The sheep will be running scared in Stoolwater tonight.

OSUFAN11
6/3/2007, 11:13 PM
If Mizzou wins you go on the road. Ex-Cowboy turned L'ville Crdinal, KyleHollander, beats Mizzou today 4-3. He accompished what not one guy on your staff could do, which is beat Mizzou.

Mizzou should prevail tomorrow and if so, the TIGERS own ya.

Go ahead celebrate tonight, "The sheep will be running scared in Stoolwater tonight.

You sound like a broken record. You said we would be running home after this regional and now you are saying it for the super regional. I am sure if we make it to the CWS you will say the same thing again so keep on saying it because I like getting the chance to prove you wrong. I have done it more than once already. Either way you look at it, OSU has already gone two steps further than OU. I sure hope they are having fun watching this at home. I have to be honest with you though, when Mercer was pitching in the last inning with 2 outs and a man on, I was starting to have flashbacks of the big 12 tournament. LOL!

I hope L'ville wins tomorrow because that would probably make us hosting the super regional. Even though we have not played well at home.....I would rather play L'ville.

goingoneight
6/4/2007, 12:47 AM
:stunned: butt gundyball is rite around the corner!

OSUFAN11
6/4/2007, 07:07 AM
:stunned: butt gundyball is rite around the corner!

I am not even concerned with football right now. Baseball is not over yet and I am not even going to think about football until our baseball season is over.

Sooner24
6/4/2007, 07:39 AM
I thought this was a softball thread?

Sooner24
6/4/2007, 07:42 AM
Do you know what this is called in Stillwater?

http://www.thedeadend.net/archives/sheep.jpg

Heaven.

SoonerInKCMO
6/4/2007, 09:08 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ToddG/azsb.jpg

Originally posted by Taryne Mowatt
Why are you dorks having a p!ss!ng match when you could be talking about us going to the WCWS finals?!?! XOXOXO!!

SOONER STEAKER
6/4/2007, 09:30 AM
If you make it to the CWS I'll ask ya where you got the pitching to make it because you definitly didn't have the pitching during the regular season.

Those UA girls look pretty damn good in that pic? Hell, they should be in "Girls of Pac 10" Playboy edition.

OSU has gone two steps further than OU, those were the final two steps before you latched onto that sheep!!!

OSUFAN11
6/4/2007, 09:49 AM
If you make it to the CWS I'll ask ya where you got the pitching to make it because you definitly didn't have the pitching during the regular season.

Those UA girls look pretty damn good in that pic? Hell, they should be in "Girls of Pac 10" Playboy edition.

OSU has gone two steps further than OU, those were the final two steps before you latched onto that sheep!!!

Well, we will see. It depends which OSU team shows up.

SoonerInKCMO
6/4/2007, 07:43 PM
I'm getting tired of all these announcers talking about 'rise balls'. No way the pitchers are getting enough spin on a ball to make it rise at the end of its flight. They're just releasing it from a low point so that is rises for a while along its path - it's still dropping by the time it reaches the batter (unless it's going way up outside of the zone).

OSUAggie
6/4/2007, 07:47 PM
yah, I never understood the "rise ball" BS, either. Nor will I ever call a pitch a "drop ball."

SoonerShark
6/5/2007, 09:04 PM
Monica Abbott for Tennessee has not given up a single run in four games in the series. She looks like Olive Oyl and pitches like Popeye.

mikeelikee
6/6/2007, 10:43 AM
That was a great game last night. I'm pulling for Tennessee to win their first softball NC, but Taryn Mowatt was tough as nails on the mound for UA. Just a little bit cute, as well. ;)

SOONER STEAKER
6/6/2007, 11:04 AM
Awesome game!! Mowatt is tough as nails.. Abbott, pretty impressive. Makes me remember how impressve Jennifer Stewart was in 2000. Stewaret could pich and also had that Finch/Mowart look thing down as well.

I gotta wonder if Fulmer is visiting any OK HS coaches during his extended stay in OKC. I wish we could catch him breaking the rules so we can keep him out of Oklahoma!!

AllAboutThe'O'
6/6/2007, 02:57 PM
I gotta wonder if Fulmer is visiting any OK HS coaches during his extended stay in OKC. I wish we could catch him breaking the rules so we can keep him out of Oklahoma!!

I wonder, too, since Pat Summitt was in the seats at the WCWS, if she took a side trip to Tahlequah-Sequoyah to talk to all-everything point guard Angel Goodrich, arguably the state's top player for next season?

SOONER STEAKER
6/6/2007, 03:13 PM
Coaches can't talk to prospects off campus until I believe July 1 of the to be senior season. They can talk to the coach, administrators but I only believe maybe a "Hi" to the prospect and that's it.

OKLA21FAN
6/6/2007, 08:34 PM
into the 4th....'blue' behind the plate can't find her zone :(

but both teams are giving a great show!

SoonerInKCMO
6/6/2007, 09:52 PM
Wow. 1,035 pitches in 8 games in 7 days.

Girl's a studette.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ToddG/taryne.jpg

Petro-Sooner
6/7/2007, 10:16 AM
Shes such a cutie.