PDA

View Full Version : Oh MY, Gators about to lose BB coach

OUinFLA
5/31/2007, 05:04 PM
according to my local Tampa news station,
Billy Donovan is being offered 36 MILLION for a 6 year contract with the Orlando Magic!!!!

And he is expected to take it!

Who says there is no money to be made in Amway?

Too bad for the Gators. I kinda thought they had the makings of a dynasty going for them there.

I know this should have been posted on the BB forum, but, Im somewhat of an introvert and hate the thought of leaving the SO.

slickdawg
5/31/2007, 05:12 PM
according to my local Tampa news station,
Billy Donovan is being offered 36 MILLION for a 6 year contract with the Orlando Magic!!!!

And he is expected to take it!

Who says there is no money to be made in Amway?

Too bad for the Gators. I kinda thought they had the makings of a dynasty going for them there.

I know this should have been posted on the BB forum, but, Im somewhat of an introvert and hate the thought of leaving the SO.

It is interesting, but he lost his starters and another, so it's a good time to leave. And he's an instant multi millionaire.

soonerboomer93
5/31/2007, 05:19 PM
he's already a millionaire as I recall

and that less the Phil Jackson makes

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/31/2007, 05:56 PM
Good for the other NCAA schools. OU is the only school that should be the best in more than one sport.

Harry Beanbag
5/31/2007, 06:47 PM
he's already a millionaire as I recall

and that less the Phil Jackson makes

Well, Donovan does have 9 or so fewer NBA titles than the Zenmaster.

soonerboomer93
5/31/2007, 07:12 PM
true

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2007, 07:31 PM
he had a sweet deal at Florida. I don't know how happy he was with the gators but I just don't get it sometimes. A bunch of money vs. a really bunch of money. How much do you need?

Oh, Billy - Rick Pitino called and wants to give you some advice.

Harry Beanbag
5/31/2007, 07:36 PM
he had a sweet deal at Florida. I don't know how happy he was with the gators but I just don't get it sometimes. A bunch of money vs. a really bunch of money. How much do you need?

Oh, Billy - Rick Pitino called and wants to give you some advice.

He's still very young, and he really doesn't have anything tying him down at Florida. It would be pretty difficult to turn down 6 million a year if somebody offered it to you. He can't make that in college ball.

And I'm sure Pitino would tell him if it doesn't work out, he can probably get a job at a crappy basketball school like Louisville and entertain himself by reading his bank statements.

King Crimson
5/31/2007, 07:40 PM
he's got no where to go but down at UF, i guess. the NBA is a coach killer, but recycler though. how many jobs has Mike Fratello had?

Sooner in Tampa
6/1/2007, 05:42 AM
As is always the case in these situations, I feel bad for the kids who just committed to play for the Gators and Billy...and now Billy is gone. That sucks for them.

The leading candidate...according to ESPN is the current coach at VCU--Anthony Grant.

mikeelikee
6/4/2007, 10:43 AM
"Not so fast, my friend!" Reports this morning say he is having some serious second thoughts.

soonernation
6/4/2007, 11:37 AM
"Not so fast, my friend!" Reports this morning say he is having some serious second thoughts.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6883162?MSNHPHMA

GrapevineSooner
6/4/2007, 12:09 PM
I would like to announce I am leaving SF.com for SoonerTimes.

GrapevineSooner
6/4/2007, 12:09 PM
I changed my mind. I'm coming back here.