PDA

View Full Version : How do you tell someone they stink?

HskrGrl
5/31/2007, 04:15 PM
My husband is having to share a cubicle with a woman at work who apparently has not heard of deodorant. He said the first few hours of the day are fine, but by lunch time it gets bad. He's a nice guy so he doesn't want to just tell her "Hey, beyonce, you smell terrible!" I told him to bring a bottle of febreze and spray it around the cubicle every 30 minutes while complaining about "some BO smell". I thought maybe you guys would have some great suggestions that I could pass along.

There is also a guy there who I guess is the king of smacking his food while he eats. My hubby says that he is so loud you can hear him in a different cubicle, and when you are near him while he eats you have to be on a constant look out for flying chewed up food pieces.

mdklatt
5/31/2007, 04:19 PM
Negspek comments seem to be the preferred way. :D

Mongo
5/31/2007, 04:20 PM
Tell your husband to go rip a fart in her cubicle while she's in it. When she comments on how disgusting he is, he can enlighten her on how bad she stinks.

tulsaoilerfan
5/31/2007, 04:22 PM
drop some soap on her desk when he walks by

HskrGrl
5/31/2007, 04:32 PM
Tell your husband to go rip a fart in her cubicle while she's in it. When she comments on how disgusting he is, he can enlighten her on how bad she stinks.

That is greatness!! He will love that idea! :D

HskrGrl
5/31/2007, 04:34 PM
Negspek comments seem to be the preferred way. :D

Since she's not on Soonerfans do you think just a red piece of paper cut in the shape of a rounded off square would have the same effect? Of course I would tell him not to sign it since that seems to just upset people more.

toast
5/31/2007, 04:35 PM
I would go to the Hallmark store and buy 2 "thinking of you" cards with blank insides. In the first card I would write, "You stink, take a bath and wear deodorant." and sign it using the guy's name who smacks while eating. In the second card I would write, "Why do you have to eat so loudly? Stop smacking your food." and sign it from the lady with BO.

Mongo
5/31/2007, 04:35 PM
Is this lady a granola hippie with hairy pits that the Pacific NW is known for? I doubt she'll change

HskrGrl
5/31/2007, 04:41 PM
Is this lady a granola hippie with hairy pits that the Pacific NW is known for? I doubt she'll change

I think she is probably Indian or Asian. He told me that him and his boss are the only whities on his team. He works for Microsoft. And now that you mention it, I have seen a lot of butch looking women since I've been out here. We were stuck in traffic when we were driving in on Monday afternoon and I saw 3 seperate cars that had 2 very manly looking women in them. They also had the same type of rainbow bumpersticker. I wonder what that was about. :rolleyes:

Okieflyer
5/31/2007, 04:43 PM
I would go to the Hallmark store and buy 2 "thinking of you" cards with blank insides. In the first card I would write, "You stink, take a bath and wear deodorant." and sign it using the guy's name who smacks while eating. In the second card I would write, "Why do you have to eat so loudly? Stop smacking your food." and sign it from the lady with BO.

THAT'S IT!!!:D

Mongo
5/31/2007, 04:43 PM
I think its because it always rains and they have a lot of rainbows

BU BEAR
5/31/2007, 04:48 PM
Probably neg spek and not leave your name

crawfish
5/31/2007, 04:49 PM
Take a can of Lysol to work.

When it gets bad, lift her arms up and spray.

BU BEAR
5/31/2007, 04:50 PM
:pop:

OUinFLA
5/31/2007, 04:53 PM

Great idea.

XingTheRubicon
5/31/2007, 04:58 PM
Almost everyone stinks if you kancho them with your face.

HskrGrl
5/31/2007, 04:58 PM

OMG that would be such an awesome thing to be able to sit back and watch! :pop:

OzarkSooner
5/31/2007, 05:00 PM

GOLD Jerry, pure GOLD!!!

OR

What I would REALLY do is go to the store and buy a good brand of deodorant, like Mitchum for example. Wrap it in a nice box with a ribbon, etc. and leave it on her desk. That is a subtle way to take care of the problem. Make sure no-one sees you put it on her desk.

slickdawg
5/31/2007, 05:15 PM
I'd just call Hskrgrl every day around two and say loudly "yeah honey, I have no idea what it is, but every single day, something starts to stink after lunch. I'd swear it's BO, but nobody here goes to the gym for lunch......."

soonerscuba
5/31/2007, 05:19 PM
For serious, I would not deal with it directly, if you have a good HR department (I assume Microsoft does), let them know and they will "fix the glitch".

HskrGrl
5/31/2007, 05:20 PM
I'd just call Hskrgrl every day around two and say loudly "yeah honey, I have no idea what it is, but every single day, something starts to stink after lunch. I'd swear it's BO, but nobody here goes to the gym for lunch......."

Could you translate that into middle eastern speak incase she doesn't know English well.

Blue
5/31/2007, 05:27 PM
My 6th grade english teacher was allergic to any kind of soap, deodarant, any cleaning thing. She smelled horrible! We made fun of her for the first couple of months, but then realized she was an awesome teacher and person and just dealt with it.

I was going to say maybe she is allergic, but then you said Indian.

SCOUT
5/31/2007, 05:52 PM
For serious, I would not deal with it directly, if you have a good HR department (I assume Microsoft does), let them know and they will "fix the glitch".
I work in HR and I have had this conversation with people several times. This is the way he should go.

KC//CRIMSON
5/31/2007, 05:59 PM
Crop dust her with Glade.

Jeopardude
5/31/2007, 06:18 PM
Tell her this:

Please listen to this simple De La style I'm gonna sing
It's strongly directed to all the misery you're bringing
Now I'm not all about dissing someone else personnel
But there's no quota on your odor
That's right, you smell
Now you might feel a little embarassed, don't take it too hard
And don't make it worse by covering it up with some Right Guard
Before you even put on your silk shirt and fat gold rope
Please take your big *** to the bathroom
And please use
A little bit of soap

Mjcpr
5/31/2007, 07:02 PM
Dear Fatty,

Welcome to Stankville, population you!

YWIA

soonerboomer93
5/31/2007, 07:09 PM
HR is the way to go

If indian, it's a dietary thing, if asian, well, most asian people don't use deoderant (seriously, you can't find it in normal stores here, I had to bring over a decent supply for myself)

sanantoniosooner
5/31/2007, 08:00 PM
A gift basket with an assortment of Hygiene products would be good.

Leave it anonymously on her desk with a note that says "A combination of these products could be the answer to your problem."

Sooner24
5/31/2007, 08:08 PM
Invite Sic'em up for a visit and see if you can fix him up with the BO lady.

mikeelikee
5/31/2007, 08:51 PM
Next time she's looking at you, just scrunch up your face and say "Ewwwwwwwww!"

Scott D
5/31/2007, 08:58 PM
you just say "damn woman, you smell like doleo."

HskrGrl
5/31/2007, 09:05 PM
I will pass all these on to my husband and let you know what he decides to do and if it works and/or he gets fired.

stoopified
6/1/2007, 07:21 AM
Perfect solution.

Czar Soonerov
6/1/2007, 08:51 AM

http://www.arar93.dsl.pipex.com/mds975/Images/bsod.png

olevetonahill
6/1/2007, 08:56 AM
If shes offending him with her STINK . Why should he care if he offends her with his words ?

TexasLidig8r
6/1/2007, 09:31 AM
Dot or feather?

dolemitesooner
6/2/2007, 12:01 PM
Tell him to say ...BITCH YOU STINK WERE SOME ****ING DEODERRANT