PDA

View Full Version : Donovan to Magic

Mjcpr
5/31/2007, 02:34 PM
According to the Orlando Sentinel (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/)

OSUAggie
5/31/2007, 02:39 PM
Quickly followed by Jai Lucas to Kentucky. Or Maryland. Or Oklahoma. Or Oklahoma State. Or back to Florida.

King Crimson
5/31/2007, 02:39 PM
season of the witch is a good song.

sunshine superman, nifty.

Boomer.....
5/31/2007, 02:40 PM
Wow, I figured that he would at least have one more season at Florida.

skycat
5/31/2007, 03:21 PM
Kadji and Shipman to KSU in 08! :D

Osce0la
5/31/2007, 04:18 PM
Wow, I figured that he would at least have one more season at Florida.
But would one more season at Florida still land him an NBA job, making $6 million/year, all while still being able to stay close to his family in Gainesville. The offer almost sounds too good to pass up...You get the NBA gig, the money, the family doesn't have to relocate...

All that said, I'll believe it when the ink is dry...

OUinFLA
5/31/2007, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't turn down 36 Mill, even if my family didn't want to move.
But, Gainesville to Orlando is a hop and a skip.

TopDawg
5/31/2007, 05:14 PM
Quickly followed by Jai Lucas to Kentucky. Or Maryland. Or Oklahoma. Or Oklahoma State. Or back to Florida.

Quickly?

OSUAggie
5/31/2007, 05:15 PM
Well... quickly with the first decision. Final decision happens in August.

Beef
5/31/2007, 05:30 PM
Let me be the first to start the Stoops to Florida rumors.:texan:

Sooner98
5/31/2007, 06:20 PM
This is the capper to the craziest off-season NCAA coaching carousel, ever.

KingDavid
5/31/2007, 06:30 PM
Let me be the first to start the Stoops to Florida rumors.:texan:

nice. spek.

SoonerShark
5/31/2007, 07:18 PM
season of the witch is a good song.

sunshine superman, nifty.

"Atlantis" and "Catch the Wind" are pretty nice, too.

SOONER STEAKER
5/31/2007, 08:00 PM
Just another coach who realizes that he had a HUGE coaching challenge ahead of hm at UF and opted for the money. Ya gotta feel for those late signing recuits who signed wth UF. We do know that Sutton slamed the door on Lucas with his comments. We (OU) may have a chance if UF lets those kids out of their LOI. We need a BIGMAN!!!!

King Crimson
5/31/2007, 08:23 PM
Just another coach who realizes that he had a HUGE coaching challenge ahead of hm at UF and opted for the money. Ya gotta feel for those late signing recuits who signed wth UF. We do know that Sutton slamed the door on Lucas with his comments. We (OU) may have a chance if UF lets those kids out of their LOI. We need a BIGMAN!!!!

possibly the dumbest post/or most obvious troll job ever:

slamed the door, awesome.

Soonerus
5/31/2007, 09:56 PM
5 years, $27 million...do you blame him ???

SoonerShark
5/31/2007, 10:11 PM
Is Jai Lucas that good? His brother was good, but reminded me of the little chickenhawk in the Looney Tunes.

royalfan5
5/31/2007, 11:24 PM
5 years, $27 million...do you blame him ???
Plus if he washes out of the NBA, colleges will still through themselves at him. He might as well take a stab at it.

birddog
6/1/2007, 04:36 AM
We need a BIGMAN!!!!

what, do we have a midget league now?

william_brasky
6/1/2007, 06:26 AM
what, do we have a midget league now?

just....can't....resist..

http://www.jokechallenge.com/funny_pictures/midget_basketball.jpg

it's a classic

Osce0la
6/1/2007, 08:53 AM
I read on the Gator board a few minutes ago that Foley has stated that all releases from the new recruits will be granted, but not before the new players are able to meet the new coach...

oumartin
6/1/2007, 12:42 PM
I doubt any of those players leave

KC//CRIMSON
6/3/2007, 10:10 PM
Stop the press! Sources: Donovan wants out of Magic deal

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6883162?MSNHPHMA

royalfan5
6/3/2007, 10:19 PM
Stop the press! Sources: Donovan wants out of Magic deal

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6883162?MSNHPHMA
Is Frank Broyles the Magic G.M.? Sounds like the same deal as Altman at Arkansas.

King Crimson
6/3/2007, 10:28 PM
oh gawd.

snp
6/3/2007, 11:31 PM
Time to rename thread: Donovan to Florida

TopDawg
6/3/2007, 11:37 PM
Who would've thought Lucas could've made this big of an impact on Donovan already.

TopDawg
6/3/2007, 11:38 PM
This just in: Donovan considering job as Kentucky football coach.

william_brasky
6/3/2007, 11:59 PM
The Magic should make him pay out the bunghole.

goingoneight
6/4/2007, 01:51 AM
This is all Kelvin Sampson's fault.

ouflak
6/4/2007, 05:35 AM
Indiana Hoosiers?

OUSKINS
6/4/2007, 07:29 AM
What is wrong with these guys?

Just totally unprofessional, and I think it really hinders his credibility down the road.

ouflak
6/4/2007, 08:41 AM
After this mess, I wouldn't trust Donovan for anything. If you're a pro team, how can expect the guy to actually honor his contract and come? If you're Florida, how much longer before he gets another offer he can't, but just might later, refuse?

And he'll never get such a Golden opportunity like this again. Lots of money, gets to stay in Florida and fairly close to current home, would bring a chunk of fans with him,.... It will never be this good an opportunity. *shrug*

Beef
6/4/2007, 09:49 AM
This is all Kelvin Sampson's fault.
I thought it was Calvin Simpson's fault. :kelvin:

TopDawg
6/4/2007, 09:55 AM
After this mess, I wouldn't trust Donovan for anything. If your a pro team, how can expect the guy to actually honor his contract and come? If your Florida, how much longer before he gets another offer he can't, but just might later, refuse?

And he'll never get such a Golden opportunity like this again. Lots of money, gets to stay in Florida and fairly close to current home, would bring a chunk of fans with him,.... It will never be this good an opportunity. *shrug*

Plus, if he comes back to UF, the fact that he's already "left" UF to accept a pro job is going to be pounded into the heads of potential recruits by every other coach.

Collier11
6/4/2007, 02:39 PM
I see where you guys are coming from and I kinda agree, but let me ask you this. Hypothetically: You work in OKC, make 45k a year, you really enjoy your job and all of your co-workers, plus your family is here. A bigger company in Dallas offers you a job making 75k and after thinking about it a few days you take the job. A couple days after accepting you do a little soul searching you realize that you dont want to take your kids out of school, 45k in Oklahoma isnt that bad of money,you have a lot of great friends and family here, and your other job will let you come back. Why does that make you a bad guy? I realize that it looks bad for Donovan in the public eye, but if he feels staying at Florida is right for him and his family, why is he a bad guy for doing what he thinks is right?

william_brasky
6/4/2007, 02:41 PM
After this mess, I wouldn't trust Donovan for anything. If your a pro team, how can expect the guy to actually honor his contract and come? If your Florida, how much longer before he gets another offer he can't, but just might later, refuse?

Let's say Stoops takes an NFL job a few years from now. Then he feels he made a mistake and wants to come back to OU soon after signing the contract. Would you be able to trust Stoops?

Collier11
6/4/2007, 02:41 PM
Plus, if he comes back to UF, the fact that he's already "left" UF to accept a pro job is going to be pounded into the heads of potential recruits by every other coach.

I think that is the biggest issue with this, other coaches will call his credibility into focus but the guy has won 2 natl titles and by all accounts he did this for his family and his university relationships so I think that argument is a wash!

ouflak
6/5/2007, 04:17 AM
Let's say Stoops takes an NFL job a few years from now. Then he feels he made a mistake and wants to come back to OU soon after signing the contract. Would you be able to trust Stoops?

Would I trust Stoops to do what? Stay? Nope. It would just be a matter of time.... Even if that wasn't true in reality, that's how I would feel if was a recruit or an assistant, or somebody in an athletic department (pro or college).

I admit though, to some extent, I'd be happy that he decided to turn his back on golden opportunity to stay. For me as a fan, it's less of an issue, and I can probably make it a positive.

Salt City Sooner
6/5/2007, 11:23 AM
Billy may not have to worry about recruits thinking he's leaving for the NBA, at least for a while:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2892797