PDA

View Full Version : Sportsline Big XII Preview: What an Idiot!

htownsooner7
5/31/2007, 01:57 PM
Dennis Dodd is an idiot. Picking A&M and Mizzou in the Big XII is downright stupid.

Nonetheless, here is his clumsy forecast.

http://www.sportsline.com/video/player?id=139409s&channel=collegefootball

starrca23
5/31/2007, 02:04 PM
Wow...just wow...

illinisooner
5/31/2007, 02:22 PM
I can see Mizzou winning the north, but A&M in the south? Really? I was fine with his Mizzou prediction, until he said this will be Chase Daniel's last year, he's gonna throw 35 TD's, and that the Tigers have 2 All-American tight ends. Dodd mentioned he was an alum, but dang man, have some objectivity.

CU Sooner
5/31/2007, 03:06 PM
Magee a dual threat? He's a decent runner, but i didn't know he was a good punter too.

auto
5/31/2007, 03:13 PM
Cocaine's a helluva drug.

SoonerSinger3
5/31/2007, 03:17 PM
Dennis Dodd is just....WEIRD

soonerhubs
5/31/2007, 03:28 PM
Poor Dennis. No brains.

yermom
5/31/2007, 03:29 PM
he should stick to riding his bike

fwsooner22
5/31/2007, 03:39 PM
If I were that bored with my job I will would quit or at least kill myself!!!!!

boomersooner82
5/31/2007, 04:24 PM
Pretty sure we shouldn't listen to a guy talking college football who's wearing an NHL all-star polo and standing in the middle of some random Kansas City high school field.

BASSooner
5/31/2007, 08:20 PM
Dennis is different, but I do respect him of his views even if some are a bit ridiculous. He speaks from his own mind and his beliefs. He thinks ND will go 7-5 and I gave him props for that. He gives media love to NO ONE.

Blue
5/31/2007, 08:41 PM
and if you're an Aggie or a Tiger, you're loving it. Stranger things have happened...but they won't.:D

goingoneight
5/31/2007, 11:56 PM
Texas A&M was overall better in 2006 than they have been in a long time, but I won't go saying they'll win the BIG 12 South. Obviously thee are only 6 teams... but when three are fighting for last place (OSU, Tech and Baylor), a second-runner-up isn't exactly gratifying.

aTm surprised me the most with their defense turning the corner last year and playing at a high level at times. But so long as they run the Flinstone Option, and so long as Fran keeps making mental mistakes with timeouts, substitutions, chokes... they only gratification they'll get is "upsetting" OU or Texas once every five years or so with Fran at the helm.

I don't necessarily care for the overly aggressive and unrealistic Aggies, but man I was sure hoping Fran would get fired last year, because I was friends with Steve Kragthorpe when he was still here. He loved aTm when he was an assistant, was an outstanding motivator, a well-spoken guy, a brilliant X's and O's kinda guy, and a ferocious recruiter. With the money and fan support dumped into aTm's program, he could have been special there.

I don't know that Coach K. is as good as Stoops, but I definitely think he could accomlish something along the lines of what Mack Brown has. With the right guy, shoulders-deep in the best recruiting base in the country... it just seemed like a great deal for a great guy.

insuranceman_22
6/1/2007, 01:31 AM
Magee a dual threat? He's a decent runner, but i didn't know he was a good punter too.

I think he's been watch high school footage of McGee. McGee and Shipley (yes the damn whoren) play at Burnet together and rewrote Texas small school records. My brother in law coach's there. A&M recruited him as a shotgun/dropback passer. They had no idea how fast he was.

That said, he hasn't been able to pass for sh*t in college. Remember when McNeil went down in Norman and McGee came into the game? I don't think he completed more than 2 or 3 passes in like 12 attempts, but he did run for about 80 yrds.

stoopified
6/1/2007, 08:16 AM
Dodd is an idiot.My wfe's maiden name is Dodd,hmm.

King Crimson
6/1/2007, 08:46 AM
he's just throwing shizz out there....in case one of the teams wins the division....he can crow. until the super awesome all time numba one McGee can convert a 3rd down with his arm.....i don't believe in ATM.

Mizzou does get NU in Columbia, so that's not so far out. but Pinkel does have a way of carefully eluding success. we'll see.

Salt City Sooner
6/1/2007, 08:49 AM
I think he's been watch high school footage of McGee. McGee and Shipley (yes the damn whoren) play at Burnet together and rewrote Texas small school records. My brother in law coach's there. A&M recruited him as a shotgun/dropback passer. They had no idea how fast he was.

That said, he hasn't been able to pass for sh*t in college. Remember when McNeil went down in Norman and McGee came into the game? I don't think he completed more than 2 or 3 passes in like 12 attempts, but he did run for about 80 yrds.
He was 0-6 that day. What he did do very well was run that shotgun 2 back triple option at our DE's (remember, AhYou & Thibs were pretty much it at that point as far as the depth chart goes due to Birdine & Williams' injuries & Dotson's academic woes) into the ground until their tongues were on the ground, & made it a much closer game than it really should've been.

King Crimson
6/1/2007, 08:54 AM
He was 0-6 that day. What he did do very well was run that shotgun 2 back triple option at our DE's (remember, AhYou & Thibs were pretty much it at that point as far as the depth chart goes due to Birdine & Williams' injuries & Dotson's academic woes) into the ground until their tongues were on the ground, & made it a much closer game than it really should've been.

it was surprising how poorly we adapted to that on D. they were blocking scheme and we weren't anywhere in position to make plays.

then again, we weren't going to give up a quick score and letting the clock run was in our favor....but, the game should not have been that close.

sendbaht
6/1/2007, 09:21 AM
Ya right... nice thing this year is we play A/M in Norman.... Can't wait!

MiccoMacey
6/1/2007, 09:25 AM
Here I am...start taking pot shots now....

A&M probably scares me more than Texas. And Texas scares me.

I think A&M beats Texas. I think A&M and OSU are the two most improved teams in the Big Twelve, and maybe the nation. Neither team will lose more than three regular season games.

I'm not sure who will beat who in the South, but this will be the most convoluted year in our division ever.

htownsooner7
6/1/2007, 09:53 AM
They are on the road at Miami, at OUr place, at Tech, at Nebraska, at Missouri. Obviously, they will still have to play a top 10 Texas team to finish off the season. Picking them to have a great season is WAY off base. Picking them to win the South isn't much better. They may be improved but often times the schedule dictates your success. No chance for them this year. Take that to the bank.

TexasLidig8r
6/1/2007, 10:48 AM
To this day, aggy does not understand what a phyrric victory their 12 - 7 win was.

That win bought them at least 2 more years of Fran (and as shown from his last few recruiting classes), kids have figured out that Fran is a knucklehead.

aggy loses to Miami, Nebraska, Missouri, Tech, OU and... Texas.

King Crimson
6/1/2007, 11:08 AM
To this day, aggy does not understand what a phyrric victory their 12 - 7 win was.

That win bought them at least 2 more years of Fran (and as shown from his last few recruiting classes), kids have figured out that Fran is a knucklehead.

it's spelled Pyrrhic, btfw.

NormanPride
6/1/2007, 11:08 AM
How many times has aggy beaten ut twice in a row?

royalfan5
6/1/2007, 11:18 AM
Mizzou does get NU in Columbia, so that's not so far out. but Pinkel does have a way of carefully eluding success. we'll see.

Mizzou has kicked us the last two times down in Columbia. That being said, Pinkel will probably try his damnedest to give the game to us.

King Crimson
6/1/2007, 11:19 AM
Mizzou has kicked us the last two times down in Columbia. That being said, Pinkel will probably try his damnedest to give the game to us.

Pinkel has a curious relationship with success, that's for sure.

IronHorseSooner
6/1/2007, 11:20 AM
I may be off-base, but with this prediction, is he saying that we would lose at home to BOTH Mizzou and A&M? Saying how we beat both on the road last year, owned both in Norman, and WE are also improved, this is journalistic irresponsibility and just plain stupid. Mizzou will lose to A&M, us, and likely one more. A&M will lose to us, UTerus, Nebbish, and probably Tech, I don't care how much better they are supposed to be, they still are not good enough to beat those teams. Heck, they might not even beat the "best offense on earth";-}.

royalfan5
6/1/2007, 11:21 AM
Pinkel has a curious relationship with success, that's for sure.
I think the best description of Pinkel was that he is the best coach in the Big XII 6 days of the week, the exception being Saturday.

King Crimson
6/1/2007, 11:23 AM
I think the best description of Pinkel was that he is the best coach in the Big XII 6 days of the week, the exception being Saturday.

that's a good line. but until Mizzou doesn't give it up like prom night on D, i don't see them winning much except weedeater bowls.

TexasLidig8r
6/1/2007, 11:55 AM
it's spelled Pyrrhic, btfw.

Biznacho...

http://www.spellingpolice.com/images/SPbanner4.gif

Octavian
6/1/2007, 11:55 AM
Bob's lost twice in Norman in eight years...only one conference game (and both were monumental upsets). I can see someone picking Miami to get us in Norman early in the year with a new QB...but Missouri? Aggy? After we've been to Dallas and back? I don't see it.

Dodd is alright...he's a good writer, but he's banking that Mizzou and A&M will have magical seasons in the SAME year. Those are two of the most jinxed and unlucky programs anywhere in the country...and neither is the highest ranked team in their division. So, they're both going to have to have magical campaigns to get to the CCG...

The oh-my-God-how'd-we-just-lose? factor from those two schools is through the roof. They both have excruciatingly painful histories of heartbreaking near misses and freakish letdowns. Fifth down losses, bicycle kick losses, national title dreams ending at....Skelly Stadium. I could see someone picking one of them to get in...but both in the same year would be apocalyptic.

King Crimson
6/1/2007, 12:00 PM
Biznacho...

http://www.spellingpolice.com/images/SPbanner4.gif

see, spelling police is weak sauce I agree but when you try and go "big" and whiff....you deserve to get called out.

KingDavid
6/1/2007, 12:20 PM
I like what he has to say. He's thoughtful about it and I don't get the feeling he's just trying to create a stir.

A&M is not an outlandish pick. Fran's track record is that he builds a team to show-up pretty strong by his third year. This is his fourth, and the win against Texas provides some momentum for his squad.

All that being said, I think there's no possible way the Aggies get it done with that sad defense of theirs. And the fact that they have to visit Norman this year, amongst other tough road opponents: there's no way the Aggies win the South unless the South becomes a big free-for-all with everyone trading blows (i.e. Texas & OU both have a couple of losses or more).

Not gonna happen.

OSUAggie
6/1/2007, 12:25 PM
Bob's lost twice in Norman in eight years...only one conference game (and both were monumental upsets). I can see someone picking Miami to get us in Norman early in the year with a new QB...but Missouri? Aggy? After we've been to Dallas and back? I don't see it.

Dodd is alright...he's a good writer, but he's banking that Mizzou and A&M will have magical seasons in the SAME year. Those are two of the most jinxed and unlucky programs anywhere in the country...and neither is the highest ranked team in their division. So, they're both going to have to have magical campaigns to get to the CCG...

The oh-my-God-how'd-we-just-lose? factor from those two schools is through the roof. They both have excruciatingly painful histories of heartbreaking near misses and freakish letdowns. Fifth down losses, bicycle kick losses, national title dreams ending at....Skelly Stadium. I could see someone picking one of them to get in...but both in the same year would be apocalyptic.

They're not even the most jinxed and unlucky programs in their own conference... Well, maybe Mizzou is. In every sport.

King Crimson
6/1/2007, 12:32 PM
ATM and mizzou will both have to play in Norman, and depending what happens on the first weekend in October...it would be hard to pick against us if we beat the horns. we get ATM, MU, and OSU at home.

MiccoMacey
6/1/2007, 02:01 PM
To this day, MiccoMacey does not understand what a phyrric is.

Regardless of how it's spelled.

Quit using big words.

:D

TexasLidig8r
6/1/2007, 02:57 PM
To this day, aggy does not understand what a "non-victory since it will actually result in greater losses, more agony and divisiveness within their program and in actuality, set the aggy program back by a number of years since most knowledgeable pundits and fans realize that Coach Fran is actually counterproductive to a good program" victory their 12 - 7 win was.

:rolleyes:

Octavian
6/1/2007, 03:24 PM
Those are two of the most jinxed and unlucky programs...

They're not even the most jinxed and unlucky programs in their own conference... Well, maybe Mizzou is. In every sport.

"of the"...as in "among" the most unlucky.

You've got some company ;)

MiccoMacey
6/1/2007, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r:
To this day, aggy does not understand what a "non-victory since it will actually result in greater losses, more agony and divisiveness within their program and in actuality, set the aggy program back by a number of years since most knowledgeable pundits and fans realize that Coach Fran is actually counterproductive to a good program" victory their 12 - 7 win was.

Show off.

:D

Blitzkrieg
6/2/2007, 10:02 AM
Mizzou will win the North because the deciding game with NU is home. The real question is how many fans rushing the field will get coldcocked by ****ed off NU players?

A&M will tank this year. Did anyone (Dodd) watch their bowl game?

royalfan5
6/2/2007, 10:16 AM
Mizzou will win the North because the deciding game with NU is home. The real question is how many fans rushing the field will get coldcocked by ****ed off NU players?

A&M will tank this year. Did anyone (Dodd) watch their bowl game?
Personally, I've never met a Mizzou fan that didn't deserve to be coldcocked.

josh09
6/2/2007, 06:03 PM
I was expecting this to be another texass pick, but WOW, this is even stupider.

HTown77095
6/2/2007, 06:18 PM
Some aggie must have given 'ole Dennis a sip of the aggie koolaid..

BASSooner
6/2/2007, 06:20 PM
I was expecting this to be another texass pick, but WOW, this is even stupider.
look at athlon sports...

...they have texass ranked #2 and that is why I dont go to athlon sports anymore. They are not realistic.

goingoneight
6/3/2007, 11:49 PM

I wouldn't exactly call last year's Mizzou game a kicking. OU missed out on an oppurtunity to score about 42 points in Columbia. NTM, the whole QB, and loss of AD situation. Picture what OU would have done in 2000 if you take out Heupel and Q. I'd say the 26-10 was pretty good, all things considered. Jim Traber had nothing to say the following Monday, that's for sure. Of course, he was saying "you have to be the dumbest, most moronic OU-homer to believe that the loss of Adrian Peterson is going to be anything but a disaster for this team. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life." I'll give Trabe the baseball and golf arguments because of his experience, but if Al Eschback ever needed a better counterpart to discuss OU football, he's needed it for a few years now.

royalfan5
6/4/2007, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't exactly call last year's Mizzou game a kicking. OU missed out on an oppurtunity to score about 42 points in Columbia. NTM, the whole QB, and loss of AD situation. Picture what OU would have done in 2000 if you take out Heupel and Q. I'd say the 26-10 was pretty good, all things considered. Jim Traber had nothing to say the following Monday, that's for sure. Of course, he was saying "you have to be the dumbest, most moronic OU-homer to believe that the loss of Adrian Peterson is going to be anything but a disaster for this team. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life." I'll give Trabe the baseball and golf arguments because of his experience, but if Al Eschback ever needed a better counterpart to discuss OU football, he's needed it for a few years now.
I'm a Nebraska fan. Mizzou has drilled us the last two times in Columbia.