PDA

View Full Version : Daddy's and Daughters

VeeJay
5/30/2007, 11:09 PM
I went to FL last week for the long holiday weekend. Had a great time with my 7 year old daughter, but we sort of got back into our routine, with her wanting to play with her friends even while I was there.

As long as I was there. Hugs and kisses. To tuck her in at night. To wake her up in the morning with the "space shuttle" wake up (don't ask - just one of those thiings a daddy does with his little girl). To be there whenever she needed something or had a question.

Monday, leaving, Mrs. VJ drove me to the airport. Once we got there, my daughter got out, gave me kisses and hugged me a lot - she doesn't do that often. Mrs. VJ said she got in the third backseat (a single seat in the back of her SUV), and was trying not to let Mrs. VJ see her. Mrs. VJ could see her in the rear view mirror and she was crying after they left the airport. She didn't say anything to her - just let her cry for a little bit. The way I found this out was - I called before my flight left. Talked to my daughter, who had it out of her system by then.

My heart was a-flutter. Still is - that is all.

Soonerus
5/30/2007, 11:11 PM
Good stuff VJ.....

Turd_Ferguson
5/31/2007, 12:27 AM
Got a 16 year old son, 12 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. I'm like R. Lee Ermey with the boys(I got your name, I got your ***!!). My daughter owns me like a two dollar hooker.:mad:

critical_phil
5/31/2007, 12:53 AM
oldest_critical_daughter graduated from HS last friday night. i'm still in a state of shock, i think.

youngest_critical_daughter reminds me at least once a week that she'll be 13 on her next birthday.

:(

getting old sucks harder than 1TC on prom night.

StoopTroup
5/31/2007, 03:15 AM
Mines 9 now...

Quite a few thing are already changing and I know there is more to come...

The phone rings alot more than it used to ring...

Sooner in Tampa
5/31/2007, 05:44 AM
It is simply amazing how little girls can PWN their dads. I have pretty much every stage of relationship with my daughters. With the four of them ranging from 19 to 5 I am have every stage every day. It is amazing to me how each them are raised by the same parents with the same morals and attitudes, but they turn out so damn different.

A simple example of this is bed time...the two older ones just say goodnight and I love you. That's it.

The younger two MUST be put to bed by daddy...they turn it into a big deal...walk around the house and give everybody a kiss and then daddy walk then upstairs...get tucked in with special blankeys...and two or three occasions of "daddy, you forgot to give me a kiss" It is a game that I love and it really is the best way to end any day.

It is going to break my heart when my 2nd daughter (gonna be a Jr in HS this year) heads off to college. She is already talking about attending the University of Florida :( Where the heck does the time go?

Okla-homey
5/31/2007, 05:55 AM
Over the course of her life, she will dance with other men, but she'll only have one Daddy!

http://aycu20.webshots.com/image/17659/2003803150548246526_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003803150548246526)

Sooner in Tampa
5/31/2007, 07:09 AM
Over the course of her life, she will dance with other men, but she'll only have one Daddy!

http://aycu20.webshots.com/image/17659/2003803150548246526_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003803150548246526)
That's just wrong...now I am all misty eyed work.:O

Soonrboy
5/31/2007, 08:55 AM
My 9 year old was mad at me the other day because I had gotten on to her about something..I heard my wife say, just remember, no boy is ever going to love you as much as your daddy does.

OklahomaRed
5/31/2007, 09:08 AM
Turd,

17, 13, and 10 (Boy, boy, girl). Ditto. I can read the two oldest like a cheap book. On the other hand, it's a lot tougher getting on to my 10 year old daughter. My wife is already getting all misty eyed thinking about my oldest graduating NEXT year. He had some friends graduate this year and she cried about that. I'm still wondering how I will react? :confused:

TUSooner
5/31/2007, 09:09 AM
oldest_critical_daughter graduated from HS last friday night. i'm still in a state of shock, i think.

youngest_critical_daughter reminds me at least once a week that she'll be 13 on her next birthday.

I'm there, with daughters ages 18 & 15. They have no idea how much they own me.
And now y'all are killin me, too.\

BITE OFF!!!

Okieflyer
5/31/2007, 09:11 AM
That's just wrong...now I am all misty eyed work.:O

I agree!:(

I had to the the guys here I was having allergy problems!:O

Okla-homey
5/31/2007, 09:13 AM
I've also reminded my daughter, I'm the only man who would happily take a bullet for her.

slickdawg
5/31/2007, 09:59 AM
There is no love greater than that of a Daddy and Daughter.

mxATVracer10
5/31/2007, 10:12 AM
Damn, you guys already have me nervous about this stuff, and mine's only 18 months old! :(

slickdawg
5/31/2007, 10:19 AM
Damn, you guys already have me nervous about this stuff, and mine's only 18 months old! :(

Don't worry about it, enjoy the moment! Slickdaughter is 3 and her and daddy have fun every day!

Sooner in Tampa
5/31/2007, 10:40 AM
Nice posts.
My youngest of 3 daughters turns 30 in September. They all still call me 'Daddy'. I'm very blessed.There is no sweeter sound in this world than to hear 'Daddy' come out of their mouths.

Sooner in Tampa
5/31/2007, 10:41 AM
I've also reminded my daughter, I'm the only man who would happily take a bullet for her.Amen!!!
http://photobucket.com/albums/v615/hack7327/th_baby.jpg

Condescending Sooner
5/31/2007, 10:54 AM

I know! Mine is 10 months old tomorrow. She can do no wrong in my eyes, and it appears it will only get worse!!

Howzit
5/31/2007, 11:08 AM
Jr is 16 and has, sadly, moved out of the daddy's girl phase.

I'm embarassing.

I'm annoying.

Maybe when she's in her 20's I'll get her back...

Mjcpr
5/31/2007, 11:10 AM

I'm embarassing.

I'm annoying.

We must've all moved out of that phase too.

mxATVracer10
5/31/2007, 11:12 AM
I know! Mine is 10 months old tomorrow. She can do no wrong in my eyes, and it appears it will only get worse!!

I hear ya on that! The only thing mine has EVAR done wrong was when she pushed the little green lit up button on the TV and turned it off during a football game! :mad: :D

Howzit
5/31/2007, 11:15 AM
We must've all moved out of that phase too.

Not you, Pat. You're still daddy's girl, I'm sure.

IB4OU2
5/31/2007, 11:16 AM

I'm embarassing.

I'm annoying.

Oh they come back.... I need money for this book,tuition,fee,monthly allowance,clothes..... for school I'll come by and pick it up....Thanks, I love you Daddy.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/31/2007, 11:17 AM

I'm embarassing.

I'm annoying.

You will. Believe me...you will.

SOONERKAT
5/31/2007, 11:19 AM
<------ If you could see her hand, you would find me wrapped around her finger.

MiccoMacey
5/31/2007, 11:22 AM
One daughter turning four next week, another daughter turning two next month.

And they are as cute as I could ever want them to be.

My two year old is doing front rolls in the living room right now...my four year old is watching and laughing.

I'll miss these days when they get older, but at least I have these days to remember for ever and ever.

TMcGee86
5/31/2007, 11:28 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that got misty eyed. I was like WTF? it's just a stupid picture and my eyes are about to water???

Mine is 6. And I too am very much wrapped around said finger.

Okla-homey
5/31/2007, 11:29 AM

My two year old is doing front rolls in the living room right now...my four year old is watching and laughing.

I'll miss these days when they get older, but at least I have these days to remember for ever and ever.

Relish these days my brutha. They will end in the twinkling of an eye and you'll wonder where the time went.:O :(

Okla-homey
5/31/2007, 11:31 AM
BTW, when I googled up that pic using the term "dads and daughters"...I had to sort thru a lot of very disgusting stuff.:eek:

Sooner in Tampa
5/31/2007, 11:42 AM

I'll miss these days when they get older, but at least I have these days to remember for ever and ever.Those are great times dude...but I love the different stages of each age (with the exception of about 13-17).

And as much as I know it will sadden my soul...I look forward to each of their wedding days :( Good Lord willing.

http://www.nmfa.org/images/content/pagebuilder/27975.jpg

C&CDean
5/31/2007, 11:57 AM
What is this "daughter" thing y'all speak of?

I couldn't even imagine having a girl. With boys, it's a lot easier to kick their carcass to the curb when they **** up. Especially if you've equipped them with life/coping skills. With a daughter, I don't know. I probably couldn't handle it. I'm thinking that's why God has blessed me with 5 boys. He doesn't need to see me blubbering around like a danged old fool over a daughter, cause just like y'all I'd be wrapped all up around her little finger.

Turd_Ferguson
5/31/2007, 11:57 AM
I kinda like these rules....

Ten Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter

Some thoughtful information for those who ARE daughters, WERE daughters, HAVE daughters, INTEND TO HAVE daughters, or INTEND TO DATE a daughter.

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk, you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.
Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.
Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose his compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.
Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.
Rule Five:
In order for us to get to know each other, you may think we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on his subject is "early."
Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.
Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?
Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my Daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided. Movies, which feature chainsaws, are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.
Rule Nine:
Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a pot-bellied, balding, middle-aged, dim-witted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.
Rule Ten:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

Hamhock
5/31/2007, 12:02 PM
What is this "daughter" thing y'all speak of?

I couldn't even imagine having a girl. With boys, it's a lot easier to kick their carcass to the curb when they **** up. Especially if you've equipped them with life/coping skills. With a daughter, I don't know. I probably couldn't handle it. I'm thinking that's why God has blessed me with 5 boys. He doesn't need to see me blubbering around like a danged old fool over a daughter, cause just like y'all I'd be wrapped all up around her little finger.

a guy told me that with his son, he worried about one penis. with his daughter he worried about thousands.

Sooner in Tampa
5/31/2007, 12:17 PM
Gotta hold on easy as I let you go.
Gonna tell you how much I love you,
though you think you already know.
I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm.
You've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.

Chorus:
Your beautiful baby from the outside in.
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again.
Go on, take on this whole world.
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl.

Verse 2:
When you were in trouble that crooked little smile could melt my heart of stone.
Now look at you, I've turned around and you've almost grown.
Sometimes you're asleep I whisper "I Love You!" in the moonlight at your door.
As I walk away, I hear you say, "Daddy Love You More!".

(Repeat Chorus)

Verse 3:
Someday, some boy will come and ask me for your hand.
But I won't say "yes" to him unless I know, he's the half
that makes you whole, he has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man.
I know he'll say that he's in love.
But between you and me. He won't be good enough!

Condescending Sooner
5/31/2007, 12:52 PM
This morning as I was trying to hand her back to her mama to leave for work, my baby girl wouldn't let go of my neck, and I could hear her crying when I was in the garage. It was tough, but just a bit flattering as well.

OklahomaRed
5/31/2007, 01:14 PM
Bob Carlisle's song "Butterfly Kisses" gets me all misty eyed every time I hear it.

There's two things I know for sure:
She was sent here from heaven and she's
daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes and
I thank god for all the joy in my life
Oh, but most of all
For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;
sticking little white flowers all up in her
hair; "Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried."
In all that I've done wrong I know I must
have done something right to deserve a hug
every morning and butterfly kisses at night.

Sweet 16 today
She's looking like her mama a little more everyday
One part woman, the other part girl.
To perfume and make-up from ribbons and curls
Trying her wings out in a great big world.

But I remember
Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer; sticking
little white flowers all up in her hair.
"You know how much I love you, Daddy, But if you
don't mind I'm only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time."
With all that I've done wrong I must have done
something right to deserve her love every morning
and butterfly kisses at night.

All the precious time
Like the wind, the years go by.
Precious butterfly.
Spread your wings and fly.

She'll change her name today.
She'll make a promise and I'll give her away.
Standing in the bride-room just staring at her.
She asked me what I'm thinking and I said "I'm not
sure-I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl."
She leaned over...gave me butterfly kisses with her mama there,
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair
"Walk my down the aisle, Daddy-it's just about time."
"Does my wedding gown look pretty, Daddy? Daddy, don't cry!"

Oh, with all that I've done wrong I must have
done something right.
To deserve your love every morning and butterfly
kisses-I couldn't ask God for more, man this is what love is.

I know I gotta let her go, but I'll always remember
every hug in the morning and butterfly kisses.

Okieflyer
5/31/2007, 01:20 PM
well that's just great. my daddy doesn't give a rat's a** about me.

That stinks. I promise to never give my daughter a reason to believe that of me.:(

But maybe the right Daddy will come along for you. You know, about your age, single, good looking, etc. ;)

TUSooner
5/31/2007, 01:25 PM
BTW, when I googled up that pic using the term "dads and daughters"...I had to sort thru a lot of very disgusting stuff.:eek:
Well THAT sure killed the maudlin, sentimental nostalgia trip for me. Not to mention my appetitie for lunch. :(

soonerbrat
5/31/2007, 01:30 PM
That stinks. I promise to never give my daughter a reason to believe that of me.:(

But maybe the right Daddy will come along for you. You know, about your age, single, good looking, etc. ;)

haha, hopefully...

really, it's not so tragic. my mom remarried when I was 10 and i had a GREAT stepdad that raised me, and a few years after they divorced she married another great guy that treats me like his own daughter...

just my bio dad is a jerk..but i don't take it personally, he doesn't really give a rat's a** about anyone but himself.

phead903
6/1/2007, 08:02 PM
My oldest graduated from high school last night - I can't believe that it has affected me as much as it has. It seems like only yesterday she was sleeping in my arms and now she is ready to take on the world.

I miss my little girl, but I am so proud of the young woman she has grown into.

And I have another daughter that will start 9th grade next year - so i get to go throught this again in 4 years!!

reevie
6/1/2007, 08:50 PM
After reading this thread...

I had to go stare at my 4 month old daughter sleeping in the crib for 5 minutes

Soonerfan88
6/1/2007, 09:25 PM
I lost my Daddy almost 7 years ago and this thread has me crying so bad I can hardly type. I was definitely Daddy's Girl and will miss him until I join him in the ground.

To all the fathers, thanks for loving your children and know that love is returned 200%.

Okla-homey
6/1/2007, 09:44 PM
I lost my Daddy almost 7 years ago and this thread has me crying so bad I can hardly type. I was definitely Daddy's Girl and will miss him until I join him in the ground.

To all the fathers, thanks for loving your children and know that love is returned 200%.

Baby girl,

Your Daddy is still watchin' out for you. The Love is strong enough to survive the grave. I promise.

Sometime, in the early morning quiet, listen...and you'll hear his breath as he watches over you as you lie in bed preparing to start your day. Just like he did for a thousand days when you were a baby.

VeeJay
6/1/2007, 09:47 PM
After reading this thread...

I had to go stare at my 4 month old daughter sleeping in the crib for 5 minutes

That is awesome. Been there, done that.

mikeelikee
6/1/2007, 11:37 PM
Wow, it's a good thing we raised two boys. I'm absolutely certain I would have spoiled a little girl something awful!

SCOUT
6/1/2007, 11:51 PM
My daughter definitely has me wrapped around her finger. I would do anything for her.

Tim McGraw has a great song that I (try my best) to sing to my daughter:

Gotta hold on easy as I let you go
Gonna tell you how much I love you though you think you already know
I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm
You’ve had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born

You're beautiful baby from the outside in
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again
Go on take on this whole world but to me you know you will always be
My little girl

When you were in trouble that crooked little smile would melt my heart of stone
Now look at you I’ve turned around and you’ve almost grown
Sometimes your asleep I whisper I love you in the moonlight at your door
As I walk away I hear you say “daddy love you more”

My little girl

Someday some boy will come and ask me for your hand
But I won’t say yes to him unless I know
He’s the half that makes you whole
He has a poets soul
And the heart of a mans man
I know he’ll say that he’s in love, but between you and me
He won’t be good enough

My little girl

sooneron
6/1/2007, 11:52 PM
You friggin guys now have me all misty- I gotta go check on my Maddie Cakes-

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8909/img2567me8.jpg

Sooner in Tampa
6/2/2007, 07:54 AM
I could read this thread over and over...there are some awesomed dads on this board.

ChickSoonerFan
6/2/2007, 08:44 AM
What sweet thoughts in this thread...glad you guys all love your daughters so much.

I love my dad, even though he drives me completely crazy sometimes, I love him dearly, and I still call him Daddy.

He came to visit recently and I feel bad that we did not get along that well, but I hope he knows that I know he loves me and I do love him too.

Okla-homey
6/2/2007, 10:50 AM
I've always taken my responsibility as the father of a daughter very seriously. Especially since we know that daughters often gravitate, albiet subconsciously, to men whose personality is evocative of their dad's.

Therefore, dads should love their baby's mama real hard and treat her right.
That often sets the standard for what a daughter is willing to tolerate in a man when she grows up.

IOW, if dad is a schmuckatelli or no account, daughter tends to wind up with a no account schmuckatelli.

OCUDad
6/2/2007, 12:02 PM
Mine is 28, happily married, and living a thousand miles away. I miss her every day, and I don't need to tell you newer Dads to enjoy every second of your time with your Princess(es).

Lost my first argument with her when she was 2 years old. Tried to get her to leave the room when her Mom and I were having a serious discussion and she told me I couldn't make her leave because "it's the family room and I'm part of the family." She hasn't changed a bit since then.

Happy 3rd anniversary, baby girl.

Okla-homey
6/2/2007, 03:01 PM
Mine is 28, happily married, and living a thousand miles away. I miss her every day, and I don't need to tell you newer Dads to enjoy every second of your time with your Princess(es).

Lost my first argument with her when she was 2 years old. Tried to get her to leave the room when her Mom and I were having a serious discussion and she told me I couldn't make her leave because "it's the family room and I'm part of the family." She hasn't changed a bit since then.

Happy 3rd anniversary, baby girl.

A wise person once wrote...

a man is your son 'til he takes a wife,
a woman remains your daughter all of her life.

olevetonahill
6/2/2007, 03:37 PM
Hey My baby girl is 28, married and has given me two Fantastic Grandkids :D
Her lil girl has Her Daddy wraped tighter than a hatband :D Granpa also.
Gbaby girl is 4 and looks so much like her Momma at that age . Ill show her a Pic of D and ask her who it is ? She says Jaycee, :D
On the Dating thing . Every Time A boy came by to get her . I calmly asked him Your Sure you are going where you tell me ? Are you Positive you will have her Home By what ever time was appropos ? As I was Cleaning a Mini 14 :D

Sooner in Tampa
6/16/2007, 10:53 AM
Bump this for this special weekend for us dads whom the good Lord has blessed with daughters.

May each and every one of you dads have glorious and wonderful weekend...especially tomorrow.

God bless Dad's everywhere!

RacerX
6/16/2007, 01:27 PM
Me and my daughters, the flower girls of my oldest niece's wedding this past May.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5851/smthethreeofusad3.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
6/16/2007, 02:29 PM
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9198/dsc00149ht8.jpg

My son turned 1 on Mothers Day..Daughter turned 3 on Memorial Day

my daughter tells me " I love you Daddy..I sure do.." everyday when she calls me while I am gone or right when I get home..and she never says I love you without the I sure do part.

Whats funny is sometimes she forgets the I love you part and she ll come up to me and say " Daddy I sure do"...but I know what she means