PDA

View Full Version : Congrats San Antonio...

Soonerus
5/30/2007, 10:03 PM
...many Mexicans and the NBA Finals...

SoonerStormchaser
5/30/2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks, I'm on a self-imposed ban from going anywhere near the Riverwalk for the next month just to keep away from those people.

OUinFLA
5/30/2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks, I'm on a self-imposed ban from going anywhere near the Riverwalk for the next month just to keep away from those people.

The Mexicans?
racist.
:D

Soonerus
5/30/2007, 10:56 PM
Are you guys suggesting the mexicanos are swimming the riverwalk ??? I have never seen it...

VeeJay
5/30/2007, 11:12 PM
i think NBA championships are now very local, compartmentalized events.

The rest of the world just couldn't care less.

Soonerus
5/30/2007, 11:15 PM
i think NBA championships are now very local, compartmentalized events.

The rest of the world just could care less.

Somewhat true but a lot of fun...

Jello Biafra
5/30/2007, 11:21 PM
basketball is still going on? good lawd....soon as the hornets left, i became a sad nutter butter and quickly lost interest.

VeeJay
5/30/2007, 11:22 PM
Somewhat true but a lot of fun...

Yep - it seemed like last year when Miami won the championship, that not many folks outside of South Florida even paid attention.

Kudos for SA eliminating Phoenix.

Blue
5/30/2007, 11:35 PM
...and why is the commisioner of the NBA some little dorky white dude? The only white dudes in the NBA are European. This sport is quickly becoming as irrevelant as Hockey. Boring as all hell to watch.

VeeJay
5/30/2007, 11:40 PM
Steve Nash is a little dorky white dude.

Although, after their final game, he did exhiit a little bit of class congratulating the S.A. players.

Blue
5/30/2007, 11:48 PM
I didn't want my post to sound racist...hence Hockey sucks too...which it does.

BUT...The NBA is failing and if LeBron can't save it, no one can.

I haven't watched one game (regular season or playoffs) all year. I bet 70% of us in here can say that. Start a pole. Y'all laugh at NASCAR, but it gets NBA ratings * 6. Granted NASCAR is once a week, but still.

The ratings people keep making excuses for it, but sooner or later it's going to be on VS. along with the NHL.

GrapevineSooner
5/31/2007, 12:49 AM
The NBA isn't failing.

But unless LBJ can find a way to will his Cavs to the title, I'm afraid that not too many people outside of San Antonio or Detroit will care who wins the title this year.

Not that that's the fault of the Spurs or Pistons. It's just the nature of the NBA. Right now, it's the only sport that's conducive to dynasties.

And unless your team is the one winning all the titles, dynasties are bad. ;)

critical_phil
5/31/2007, 01:01 AM
... It's just the nature of the NBA. Right now, it's the only sport that's conducive to dynasties...

i would argue that no one cares because the NBA barely resembles the sport of basketball.

that's just me, though.

OUinFLA
5/31/2007, 09:31 AM
The playoffs take too long nowdays.
The season lasts too long.

Oh, and I didnt watch any games this year either.
That's a drop from the mid ninetys when I watched every Orlando game played, plus a lot of the competition's games.

It was a lot more fun to watch in the Jordan, Byrd, Johnson, Jabar, Dr J, Barkley era.

MiccoMacey
5/31/2007, 09:48 AM
i would argue that no one cares because the NBA barely resembles the sport of basketball.

that's just me, though.

100% of the reason I never watch NBA basketball.

It is no longer basketball, and no longer entertaining to watch.

NormanPride
5/31/2007, 10:09 AM
People who don't watch the NBA bitch about it a lot.

MiccoMacey
5/31/2007, 10:46 AM
I bitch about it because I used to be a fan of it.

I'd love to watch the NBA finals...I used to all the time growing up as a kid. Great times.

But I don't like it now, because of the way it's played.

So I choose to use my consumer voice and not watch it, thereby sending a clear message to the NBA's front office that I don't appreciate this style of basketball.

I'm sure I'll be getting a call from the Commish anytime now, wondering how he can earn me back. :D

NormanPride
5/31/2007, 01:33 PM
:D

There are a few teams that still play the good stuff. That's why I still like watching San Antonio and Detroit. The Hornets play good ball as well, they're just not talented enough.

SoonerDood
5/31/2007, 01:47 PM
People who don't watch OU basketball bitch about it a lot.
fixed