PDA

View Full Version : Mike, please don't let it be true!

8timechamps
5/30/2007, 05:35 PM
I'm afraid things are looking grim for Michael Vick and this whole dog fighting thing. I have almost lost hope that he is not connected to this. Which, is too bad. I really liked watching Vick play, but his recent behavior (prior to this dog thing) had kind of turned me off. The worst thing about all of this is that my 7 year old son thinks Vick is the greatest. He's got Vick posters all over his walls and has 2 Vick jerseys (which he would wear every day if I'd let him). He wanted #7 on his (first tackle) football jersey (but decided #28 was better :) ). So, he picked #7 for his baseball jersey.

The worst part is trying to explain to a 7 year old why his hero isn't a good guy.

If the connection is there (and it's looking very likely), then I will be so disappointed. Dog fighting (to me) ranks just below child abuse in disgusting behavior.

birddog
5/30/2007, 06:06 PM
what's it going to take to put together a dog fighting forum on this board?

they said this whole thing goes much deeper than vick, as far as other players around the league.

i agree, it is repulsive and unthinkable behavior by a so-called sports "idol." i hope he gets his.

and what was it clinton portis said about all of this? i heard he was in hot water as well.

royalfan5
5/30/2007, 10:14 PM
what's it going to take to put together a dog fighting forum on this board?

they said this whole thing goes much deeper than vick, as far as other players around the league.

i agree, it is repulsive and unthinkable behavior by a so-called sports "idol." i hope he gets his.

and what was it clinton portis said about all of this? i heard he was in hot water as well.
Portis basically said that he thought whatever Vick wanted to do with his dogs was his business.

Also, I'm glad that my childhood heros didn't turn out to be jackasses. It would have suck to explain that. Maybe you can convince to adopt Kyle Petty and Matt Kenseth as his heros to even it out.

tulsaoilerfan
5/30/2007, 10:38 PM
Big story in SI this week about the Vick dog fighting thing

Blue
5/30/2007, 11:20 PM
my hero- Mark McGwire. Turned out to be a big fat puss.

Beef
5/31/2007, 09:23 AM
This Vick thing and Portis and Samuels reaction disgusts me. I'm also ****ed that no other players have come out and said anything against dog fighting. Basically, the only player reaction that I've heard has been support of dog-fighting. I've pretty much had enough of the NFL.

Beef
7/17/2007, 04:51 PM
Indicted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2940065

Beef
7/17/2007, 09:33 PM
Interesting read. Pretty damn detailed on who, what and where. I'm guessing the credibility of all witnesses will be questioned since the dog-fighting crowd probably isn't the most savory out there.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/07/17/ind.pdf

SoonerBOI
7/17/2007, 10:39 PM
I am wondering why a rich athlete like Vick indulge in such a horrendous thing?

soonerboomer93
7/19/2007, 01:39 AM
Probably because he views dogs as properties, like a plate and feels he can do whatever he wants with them...

His money has nothing to do with it..

Beef
7/19/2007, 08:38 AM
Probably because he views dogs as properties, like a plate and feels he can do whatever he wants with them...
Sounds like owners' views of slaves 150+ years ago.

MojoRisen
7/19/2007, 11:22 AM
I used to have an aggressive fresh water fish tank and - fed the fish live gold fish to keep them aggressive.

It is kind of insensitive - but one time my favorite Texas Sicklet got eaten half alive by a red devil and I did everything in my power to save the fish and felt terrible that he was alive and half eaten.

Not proud of it- but it was kind of interesting and somewhat addictive to watch these fish interact naturally and establish a pecking order.

The allegations on how they killed these dogs - is far sicker than the actual act of fighting them... WTH

My best attempt to understand what they heck they were doing- is it wrong for me to say Fish are not as important as dogs? I don't think so

MojoRisen
7/19/2007, 02:32 PM
That's right- they sayin that the sport is glorified in Hip Hop Rap and Professional Sports - go figure.

I'll stick with the rumble fish, after all we fish hook them in the mouth and eat em.

snp
7/19/2007, 02:50 PM
Punishment should fit the crime. Put Vick in the octagon with some pits.

I used to have an aggressive fresh water fish tank and - fed the fish live gold fish to keep them aggressive.

It is kind of insensitive - but one time my favorite Texas Sicklet got eaten half alive by a red devil and I did everything in my power to save the fish and felt terrible that he was alive and half eaten.

Not proud of it- but it was kind of interesting and somewhat addictive to watch these fish interact naturally and establish a pecking order.

The allegations on how they killed these dogs - is far sicker than the actual act of fighting them... WTH

My best attempt to understand what they heck they were doing- is it wrong for me to say Fish are not as important as dogs? I don't think so

A dog is a domesticated animal and a veritable companion. We have engineered them to suit our needs and they fill a plethora of responsibilities far better and cheaper than what you would get a human to do.

With all that in mind, it is our responsibility to ensure these animals enjoy a life with far more protections than your average animal, like a fish. If you are not capable of being responsible for a dog's well being, you shouldn't buy a ****ing dog.

MojoRisen
7/19/2007, 03:06 PM
I agree, Dog's are like Royalty even over cats!

snp
7/19/2007, 03:18 PM
Cats are domesticated but you really can't argue we rely on them. They serve the same role as hamsters or a snake.

Dogs >>>>>>>>> Cats