PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have?

Big Red Ron
5/30/2007, 04:39 PM
Since it looks like just a matter of time until the Sonics move to OKC, who would you rather have? Kevin Durant or Greg Oden?

Is there a chance that either will be a bust?

Will either make us forget CP3?

oumartin
5/30/2007, 04:53 PM
I'd prefer Danny Manning or Rick Fox.

fwsooner22
5/30/2007, 05:00 PM
No Sooner should ever bring up the name Rick Fox.........

birddog
5/30/2007, 05:49 PM
No Sooner should ever bring up the name Rick Fox.........

that crafty, bank-shootin' bastard!

King Crimson
5/30/2007, 05:53 PM
that loss to UNC was in Austin fuggin Texas. i watched that game in a motel room in Richmond, Utah.

that was a painful loss.

birddog
5/30/2007, 05:59 PM
i was sick to my stomache. i think i was 15, or something and i wanted to kill that guy.

i think unc was an 8 seed, or around there. whatever it was, wasn't that considered an "upset"?

and on topic, as of right now i'd rather have durant. he's much more ahead of the learning curve than oden.

oumartin
5/30/2007, 06:04 PM
Manning didn't do us any favors either. thats why I mentioned them both

usmc-sooner
5/30/2007, 06:17 PM
Kevin Durant

King Crimson
5/30/2007, 06:22 PM
I like Durant *a lot* as a player, but i'd have a hard time pulling for a horn.

we were a 1 seed that year (1990) and were playing the best basketball in the country at the end of the season. destroying people. Skeeter Henry was unconscious from mid february to mid march.

birddog
5/30/2007, 07:15 PM
the hype surrounding these guys has been ridicuolous. all the sports radio guys act like they are going to be the saviors of the nba. i think durant is damn good but oden just seems a little raw and doesn't appear to have much of an offensive game, atleast not enough for nba execs to be drooling all over themselves. i guess i just don't see oden being very effective right away.

birddog
5/30/2007, 07:17 PM
http://www.gregoden.com/gregoden050107.php

here's a write up on the argument.

King Crimson
5/30/2007, 07:35 PM
the hype surrounding these guys has been ridicuolous. all the sports radio guys act like they are going to be the saviors of the nba..

i agree with that. i'm not sure about Oden. any other player and they'd be harping on how he was hurt (in a bad way) could hurt his draft status.....but. he's a helluva player, but i didn't see franchise written all over him, necessarily.

if he gets called (as he should have been) for the intentional foul at the end of Xavier game on the baseline under the goal. tOSU is out of the tournament. a lot to risk a #1 pick on a guy who played most of the season hurt and maybe doesn't "lead" his team to the championship game.

sure, Shaq and Duncan....but i don't know.

i'm a bit perfluxed about the whole traditional "5" position. i think it's a bit anachronistic. today's game is different.

birddog
5/30/2007, 08:03 PM
he is good. maybe i just haven't seen him dominate on a consistent basis. sure he was hurt but i never said to myself, "damn, this guy's a freak." durant was good all the time and you could always see just how much better he was than everyone else on the court.

King Crimson
5/30/2007, 08:23 PM
nobody talks about Durant's rebounding. they are some pretty impressive numbers. wasn't just like he was just Eddie House at ASU tossing up 30 points in a losing effort. he did a lot for UT. now, insofar as it's possible, i liked Augustine as well. in either of the Taj/Everett/Book years we have a point like Augustine we live up to pre-season expectations.

i don't claim to understand the NBA much.

william_brasky
5/31/2007, 05:51 AM
1. People like to see offense and scoring, so I'd go with Durant.

2. I think both will be excellent NBA players.

3. Courtney Paris has 2 years of eligibility left. :texan:

King Crimson
5/31/2007, 06:06 AM
1. People like to see offense and scoring, so I'd go with Durant.

people like to see teams win. there are a lot of "Style of Play"/I want my entertainment dollar fans but yer fan base is going to be based on walking out of the Arena with a happy W that means something in the standings.

the local (beer, sports pub) merchants who provide the consumer infrastructure that make pro sports work will always do better after a W than 35 points by the Ron Mercer's of the world and a L. few people will happily overpay for nachos, undersized pints, or a mediocre cut of meat or the same old lame *** tricked up, low quality "grilled" chicken breast sammie after a loss.

william_brasky
5/31/2007, 06:17 AM
I thought you claimed to not know much about the NBA. :D

I do think Oden would be a better selection to build a championship organization around. I was just sayin' that people like to see scoring.

Look at how many people attended Hornets games and creamed their breetches about CP3. Then look at their non-playoff run.

King Crimson
5/31/2007, 06:20 AM
I do think Oden would be a better selection to build a championship organization around. I was just sayin' that people like to see scoring.

i know that was what you were saying, i kinda twisted it for my own skeptical purposes. but, if Oden is a better selection, then the Sonics will be paying Durant.

william_brasky
5/31/2007, 06:26 AM
i know that was what you were saying, i kinda twisted it for my own skeptical purposes.

evil. pure evil. :texan:

but, if Oden is a better selection, then the Sonics will be paying Durant.

that's the way I see it.

just think, if the Sonics draft Durant and move to OKC, many Texans will be trekking up to OKC to see their boy. It's about time we took money from Texas instead of spending it there.

King Crimson
5/31/2007, 06:59 AM
just think, if the Sonics draft Durant and move to OKC, many Texans will be trekking up to OKC to see their boy. It's about time we took money from Texas instead of spending it there.

i can see that point, but i don't like the idea of those ultra-sophisticated horn fans in our dirt-farming, land thieving, paperclip helmet wearing trailer-park world.

they don't even know how to fry up a good squirrel. too busy reading Heidegger or contemplating which Tuscan villa to rent.

stoopified
5/31/2007, 07:42 AM
that crafty, bank-shootin' bastard!
You forgot lane-camping.that S.O.B.Yes I hold a grudge.Never really saw Oden but Durant is AWESOME.They both COULD bust.I mean injuries,poor work sthic,distractions(drugs,booze,loose women :D ..or men)all could bring down a promising career.

Mjcpr
5/31/2007, 09:13 AM
Skeeter Henry was unconscious from mid february to mid march.

Hard to believe he could still shoot while on a feeding tube.

Beef
5/31/2007, 09:45 AM
evil. pure evil. :texan:

that's the way I see it.

I'm guessing they'll just go see the Sonics play when they're in Dallas, San Antonio or Houston.

birddog
5/31/2007, 11:36 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQoeFPmzu-A
oden

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uvaPFvQAGW8
durant

King Crimson
5/31/2007, 01:34 PM
Hard to believe he could still shoot while on a feeding tube.

lame. SUCCS

Mjcpr
5/31/2007, 02:39 PM
lame. SUCCS
Please. You surely don't want me to go around critiquing your posts do you? :D