PDA

View Full Version : So what's the next big Al Queda attack in the US?

KABOOKIE
5/30/2007, 03:38 PM
So what's the next big sneak attack? I'm guessing a few timed car bombs in LA, NY, Chicago, DC, Miami etc.... Alah Akbar!

American Al Qaeda Threatens Attack Worse Than Sept. 11, Virginia Tech Unless U.S. Leaves Mideast
Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Adam Yehiye Gadahn
CAIRO, Egypt — An American member of Al Qaeda warned President Bush on Tuesday to end U.S. involvement in all Muslim lands or face an attack worse than the Sept. 11 attacks, according to a new videotape.

Wearing a white robe and a turban, Adam Yehiye Gadahn, who also goes by the name Azzam al-Amriki, said Al Qaeda would not negotiate on its demands.

"Your failure to heed our demands ... means that you and your people will ... experience things which will make you forget all about the horrors of September 11th, Afghanistan and Iraq and Virginia Tech," he said in the seven-minute video.

Gadahn, who has been charged in a U.S. treason indictment with aiding Al Qaeda, spoke in English and the video carried Arabic subtitles. The video appeared on a Web site often used by Islamic militants and carried the logo of Al Qaeda's media wing, as-Sahab.

Gadahn, who appeared in an Al Qaeda video last September in which he called on Americans to convert to Islam (How's that for cramming it down your throat?), demanded that Bush remove all U.S. military and spies from Islamic countries, free all Muslims from U.S. prisons and end support for Israel. He said a withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq alone would not satisfy Al Qaeda.

American Al Qaeda Ben Venzke at IntelCenter, a U.S. government contractor that monitors Al Qaeda messages, said the group likely did not believe any of its demands would be met.

"It essentially allows Al Qaeda to say that it has provided fair warning and is thus no longer responsible for the outcome," Venzke said in a statement.

Gadahn, a California native, is the first American to be charged with treason in more than 50 years and could face the death penalty if convicted. He also was indicted on a charge of providing material support to terrorists.

NormanPride
5/30/2007, 03:43 PM
I wonder, what would they say if they got all their demands at once? I mean, what if everyone suddenly just decided to convert to fundamentalist Islam and left them alone. What would they bitch about?

Jerk
5/30/2007, 03:44 PM
I don't know, man. I think those people across the street from my crib who go to Church of Christ (NOT ICC) and have all those little kids in the back of their mini-van are much more menacing. I feel, at any time, they're going to tell me taht I can't be drinking no 6.0 liquor store beer.

OklahomaRed
5/30/2007, 03:48 PM
Jerk,

You trying to get another thread locked? :D

I ain't skeered of no Al Quaeda!

Tulsa_Fireman
5/30/2007, 03:53 PM
Am I the only one that finds Al Qaeda's press arm's name funny?

As-Sahab?

That without the hyphen, it's A$$ Ahab?

OklahomaRed
5/30/2007, 04:04 PM
Don't you love the statement, "He said a withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq alone would not satisfy Al Qaeda." That gives me a warm fuzzy fealing all over that there's someone out there that wants to chop my head off if I don't convert to Islam. :D

Hatfield
5/30/2007, 04:05 PM
i bet the next attack will be on our tvs....

imagine only 1 channel.

and all it showed all the time was american idol

usmc-sooner
5/30/2007, 04:10 PM
i bet the next attack will be on our tvs....

imagine only 1 channel.

just imagine how nutty you liberals would get if that one channel was Fox News. :D

KABOOKIE
5/30/2007, 04:18 PM
just imagine how nutty you liberals would get if that one channel was Fox News. :D

Hahaha!!!

Seriously? What's the next attack MFer's?

usmc-sooner
5/30/2007, 04:21 PM
I've always thought they'd resort to tactics like the DC Sniper, but I'm sure they'll find some idiot whose willing to blow himself to pieces somewhere. Maybe they'll give him a rock at OU.

SoonerInKCMO
5/30/2007, 04:28 PM
Nuclear. They stole some uranium gas from Russia; converted it to ~100 lbs. of weapons grade material through some centrifuges they bought from Pakistan and that are based on designs stolen from a Dutch firm; built the bomb from plans found on the Internet, bought a North Korea designed missile from some middle-man in Turkey; shipped it over to Mexico in a cargo container like they ship cars in; and are going to launch it at Dallas from Matamoros - thus ending the Dallas crew and their 37 page 'where are we going for lunch?' threads.

KABOOKIE
5/30/2007, 04:29 PM
I've always thought they'd resort to tactics like the DC Sniper, but I'm sure they'll find some idiot whose willing to blow himself to pieces somewhere. Maybe they'll give him a rock at OU.

Nah. That’ll only happen if he fails to blow up anybody else. Then they’re just a poor misunderstood person who committed suicide and deserve to be remembered.

I'm guessing simultaneous timed attacks in large metropolitan areas. Small explosions much like car bombs that will kill 20-30 people per bomb but the toll will be huge because of the number of cities hit. Possibly as many as 20 cities attacked.

oumartin
5/30/2007, 04:38 PM
Getting Hillary elected President.

Harry Beanbag
5/30/2007, 04:44 PM
Nah. That’ll only happen if he fails to blow up anybody else. Then they’re just a poor misunderstood person who committed suicide and deserve to be remembered.

I'm guessing simultaneous timed attacks in large metropolitan areas. Small explosions much like car bombs that will kill 20-30 people per bomb but the toll will be huge because of the number of cities hit. Possibly as many as 20 cities attacked.

That's what I've been thinking for a couple years now. They'll try to attack to the core of the American way of life, like 30 McDonald's exploding simultaneously around the country or something.

It's something that doesn't really take much planning or coordination, just some brainwashed ********* with a wristwatch and an order. These people are most likely already here living among us. Impossible to stop.

Ike
5/30/2007, 04:46 PM
Their next big attack will be to storm Wisconsin and take all the cheese.

SoonerBorn68
5/30/2007, 05:18 PM
I think they hit several filled stadiums this fall simultaneously. It doesn't take much to fill a car full of explosives near a stadium as the masses of fans are arriving or leaving. That or fly a small plane into the stands.

def_lazer_fc
5/30/2007, 05:19 PM
i just vomited a little.

Sooner98
5/30/2007, 05:21 PM
Whatever happens, we damn well better not be allowed to tap their phones, and listen to their plans, even if not doing so results in the deaths of thousands of Americans. The terrorists have civil rights, too, you know. :rolleyes:

def_lazer_fc
5/30/2007, 05:25 PM
Whatever happens, we damn well better not be allowed to tap their phones, and listen to their plans, even if not doing so results in the deaths of thousands of Americans. The terrorists have civil rights, too, you know. :rolleyes:
hell. they should just throw everyone in prison now. or maybe put the nation under house arrest. what's that thing that that guy with the kite said? "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."

8timechamps
5/30/2007, 05:52 PM
I heard from a very reliable source that Al Queda is planning a major attack this fall. The word is that they are going to simultainiously steal all of the crumbled Oreo pieces from every Dairy Queen across the country.

They really are going to hit the USA where it hurts!

def_lazer_fc
5/30/2007, 05:55 PM
monsters!!

8timechamps
5/30/2007, 05:57 PM
monsters!!

They truely know no boundries!

usmc-sooner
5/30/2007, 06:10 PM
as long as they don't knock on my door and talk to me about brotherly love, and their so called morals and values they can blow the entire country up.

Vaevictis
5/30/2007, 06:15 PM

I'll disagree on this. The fact that they're trying to force coordinated attacks is probably what keeps getting them caught. The more coordination required, the more people involved, the higher the likelihood of detection.

No, I think that in the near to middle term, barring gross incompetence on our part, the large coordinated attacks are just not going to be successful.

I think it's more likely that they'll eventually catch on to this fact and loose individual cells with a largish wad of cash that do not coordinate with each other and plan small or middle sized attacks. Truck bombs, school shootings, attacks involving small regional airports (which have commuter jets and easily penetrated security), that kind of thing. Stuff that can be pulled off with 2-3 people and $100k or less.

I'm also wondering about 10 years down the road when what's going on with Al-Qaeda in Africa starts to get exported. I can see riots growing out of "mistreatment" of black prisoners -- think Rodney King here. (Personally, this is the way I'd be going if I were in their shoes... inflame racial tensions which have always been problematic in the US)

Jerk
5/30/2007, 06:31 PM
"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."

That's a danged good quote to throw into the gun banner's faces.

Anyway, sorry to get sidetracked on firearms, again. I'm kind of obsessed with them you know.

There is a way to pretty much shut-down this country and it would only take a little more than 2 dozen or so very determined individuals. Life would go on and we would adjust after a few months, but the chaos and havoc that would would hit our livelihoods and the economy would be enormous. They probably have figured out what I'm talking about, and so has our government. So I hope we have extra security at these facilities.

Vaevictis
5/30/2007, 07:22 PM
*.ROOT-SERVER.NET ? :D :D :D

Harry Beanbag
5/30/2007, 07:30 PM

Anyway, sorry to get sidetracked on firearms, again. I'm kind of obsessed with them you know.

There is a way to pretty much shut-down this country and it would only take a little more than 2 dozen or so very determined individuals. Life would go on and we would adjust after a few months, but the chaos and havoc that would would hit our livelihoods and the economy would be enormous. They probably have figured out what I'm talking about, and so has our government. So I hope we have extra security at these facilities.

Refineries?

Vaevictis
5/30/2007, 08:24 PM
Refineries?

That's a pretty good choice. All you need is a guided munition of some kind and aim it at the big yellow tank labelled "propane."

oumartin
5/30/2007, 08:26 PM
after 9/11 Chemical plants were locked up tight! We had to check the perimeter of our plant every couple hours and getting into the refinery was next to impossible. Seems the security has eased up a bit but still don't see them getting into one very easy. Of course you could always pay an employee to do an inside job!

oumartin
5/30/2007, 08:27 PM
I've seen a propane truck explode and trust me. it won't do any damage unless you are within a reasonable distance. Loading racks are located away from areas that are vulnerable

oumartin
5/30/2007, 08:29 PM
I tell you what can make you think.. Next time you see a CO2 truck parked in a truck stop with food grade CO2 and only flimsy seals preventing someone from contaminating it with a poison of some sort! Same can be said for large Anhydrous Ammonia loads. Heck take a railcar loaded with Cyanide as it enters a metropolis! Those cars stick out like a sore thumb

bri
5/30/2007, 08:45 PM
I think they're going to build a space station that jams all our detection methods, so it remains hidden. Then, they're gonna hijack about 5 or 6 space shuttles, make a run for the orbiting city where they will develop their superior race, and launch a ring of death satellites to wipe out all remaining human life on Earth with a chemical derived from a rare orchid.

You watch. It's totally gonna happen.

Jerk
5/30/2007, 09:04 PM
Refineries?

Yes. We've got 30 of them working over-capacity to meet demand. We lose them and have to import all fuel...prices go through the friggin' roof.

oumartin
5/30/2007, 09:12 PM
over capacity? Capacities and Safe operating limits were made to be broken. Then you set new capacities and SOP, SOL's.

KABOOKIE
5/31/2007, 08:51 AM
hell. they should just throw everyone in prison now. or maybe put the nation under house arrest. what's that thing that that guy with the kite said? "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."

Yeah but you'll be the first troll who starts spouting off after the next one about how the ‘gubment’ didn’t do enough to protect us.

OklahomaRed
5/31/2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah but you'll be the first troll who starts spouting off after the next one about how the ‘gubment’ didn’t do enough to protect us.

He'll be the next troll whining about $10.00 a gallon gasoline. Everybody is going to be riding their bicycles to work if they hit enough refineries. That's if you still have a job.

:pop:

goodonya
5/31/2007, 10:11 AM
Either man-portable fission device or biologic contamination of a reservoir or broad-use liquid. I don't believe they will do anything until the libs retake the White House. Once they are in and the acts are committed the enemy knows that the only action taken by the government will be acts of appeasement and "dialogue". These enemies are repelled by acts of weakness and will continue in their ways until a marshal law environment is enacted. If you saw what Bush did yesterday regarding "emergency powers" you should be scared $hitless. Just my opinion.

BU BEAR
5/31/2007, 12:03 PM
He'll be the next troll whining about $10.00 a gallon gasoline. Everybody is going to be riding their bicycles to work if they hit enough refineries. That's if you still have a job.

:pop:

Need to buy stock in Schwin and Huffy.

Hamhock
5/31/2007, 12:06 PM

they're gonna blow up nudie bars?

OklahomaTuba
5/31/2007, 12:28 PM
what's that thing that that guy with the kite said? "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."

No, he didn't say that actually.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

http://www.bartleby.com/73/1056.html

BU BEAR
5/31/2007, 01:53 PM

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

http://www.bartleby.com/73/1056.html

There you go... confusing the libs with the facts.

BU BEAR
5/31/2007, 02:23 PM
Got some neg spek on this one.

Must have been a lib... didnt have the courage or courtesy to leave her name.

BU BEAR
5/31/2007, 02:32 PM
First rule of "spek", is I am not tremendously bothered by neg "spek". Stick it, libs!

BU BEAR
5/31/2007, 02:40 PM
It aint the spek, it is that you use coarse language and wont sign your name.

Pricetag
5/31/2007, 02:41 PM
I heard from a very reliable source that Al Queda is planning a major attack this fall. The word is that they are going to simultainiously steal all of the crumbled Oreo pieces from every Dairy Queen across the country.

They really are going to hit the USA where it hurts!
I have it on good authority that if this scenario were to actually happen, Sunbeam would be prepared to deliver crumbled Hydrox pieces to sustain us through the crisis.

Pricetag
5/31/2007, 02:44 PM

Would you mind explaining how the added verbage changes the meaning of the quote? I don't see how it makes much of a difference.

OklahomaTuba
5/31/2007, 04:19 PM
Would you mind explaining how the added verbage changes the meaning of the quote? I don't see how it makes much of a difference.

I think the "little temporary safety" changes it a lot actually.

Besides, the government hasn't asked anyone to give up any "essential liberty".

bri
5/31/2007, 05:44 PM
BU BEAR's sleek gray spek was right; my first senario was a bit far-fetched.

Okay, here's what I think will REALLY go down: Al Queda hires a dude to impersonate a NATO inspector and hijack a Vulcan bomber during a demonstration run carrying live nukes. He'll force it down in the ocean, where Al Queda will double-cross him and leave him strapped into the plane with his air hose cut and steal the nukes. After that, they'll contact both the US and British governments and threaten to detonate the nukes in New York and London unless we pay them £100 million.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/31/2007, 10:37 PM
No, that's Al Qaeda's brother, Al Largo.

OCUDad
5/31/2007, 11:14 PM
I have it on good authority that if this scenario were to actually happen, Sunbeam would be prepared to deliver crumbled Hydrox pieces to sustain us through the crisis.If we are reduced to Hydrox, the terrorists have won.

Scott D
6/1/2007, 12:45 AM
You people are idiots. Al Qaeda is clearly going to force every single one of us to wear whorn stuff 24/7.

BU BEAR
6/1/2007, 10:55 AM
It is speculated that they have an operative named Adnan al-Shukrajumah is planning a nuke attack of some sort. He may have already smuggled some nuke material into the US. (I know. Seems crazy to think he could have got past our border security.) Shukrajumah has been referred to as the 9/11 "fixer". Definitely a dangerous cat.

Scott D
6/1/2007, 12:25 PM
yeah, I've heard that he's posing as a baylor student.

soonerscuba
6/1/2007, 12:44 PM
It is speculated that they have an operative named Adnan al-Shukrajumah is planning a nuke attack of some sort. He may have already smuggled some nuke material into the US. (I know. Seems crazy to think he could have got past our border security.) Shukrajumah has been referred to as the 9/11 "fixer". Definitely a dangerous cat.

You just made this **** up, didn't you?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/1/2007, 12:51 PM
I heard our number one job in Homeland Security is to find Hoosbin Farteen.

Mjcpr
6/1/2007, 12:52 PM
I heard our number one job in Homeland Security is to find Hoosbin Farteen.

I'm pretty sure he's a member of the nomadic Fugawe tribe.

BU BEAR
6/1/2007, 02:05 PM
You just made this **** up, didn't you?

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040928-123346-3928r.htm

El Shukrijumah, 29, who authorities said was in Canada last year looking for nuclear material for a so-called "dirty bomb" and reportedly has family members in Guyana, was named in a March 2003 material-witness arrest warrant by federal prosecutors in Northern Virginia, where U.S. Attorney Paul J. McNulty said he is sought in connection with potential terrorist threats against the United States. A former southern Florida resident and pilot thought to have helped plan the September 11 attacks, El Shukrijumah was among seven suspected al Qaeda operatives identified in May by Attorney General John Ashcroft as being involved in plans to strike new targets in the United States. Citing "credible intelligence from multiple sources," Mr. Ashcroft said at the time that El Shukrijumah posed "a clear and present danger to America." In August, an FBI alert described him as "armed and dangerous" and a major threat to homeland security.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_el-Shukrijumah

http://muslihoon.wordpress.com/2006/09/15/urgently-wanted-adnan-al-shukrijumah/

He is suspected of assisting Islamist terrorists in carrying out a terrorist attack in The United States, which may include smuggled nuclear material. It is of the utmost importance that this man be apprehended by Federal authorities of The United States as soon as possible. There is a five million US dollar reward for information leading to his capture, if one needs a financial incentive.

Scott D
6/1/2007, 02:20 PM
Shukrijumah has been reported to post on internet forums under the pseudonym of BU BEAR.

BU BEAR
6/1/2007, 02:26 PM
I be derned.

HskrGrl
6/1/2007, 02:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_el-Shukrijumah

I think that's the food smacker guy that works with my husband!!!! :eek: So apparently he is living in the Seattle area and working for Microsoft. Is there a 800 number I need to call to claim my 5 mil?