PDA

View Full Version : Mark Bradley was ridiculous

SoonerSinger3
5/30/2007, 02:38 PM
I was watching some old 2004 videos and Mark Bradley was simply ridiculous. Had our recieving corps not been loaded, he would have been an All-American w/o a doubt. That guy was lightning fast, great hands, and great YAC reciever. Actually, he was the most exciting reciever to watch behind Clayton IMO. Only thing he ever did wrong was try to pick up that punt against USC :eek:

http://www.ouborn.com/sooner.php

the video is the first one on the top

yermom
5/30/2007, 02:55 PM
for a while there any time he touched the ball it was a TD, rushing, passing or receiving

that OSU game in Stoolwater in 2004 was just awesome

he was right in front of me when he did that bobble job and i got to turn around and taunt the OSU student section when it happened :D

between that and the AD run i'm surprised i got out alive :O

sooner518
5/30/2007, 03:36 PM
for a while there any time he touched the ball it was a TD, rushing, passing or receiving

that OSU game in Stoolwater in 2004 was just awesome

he was right in front of me when he did that bobble job and i got to turn around and taunt the OSU student section when it happened :D

between that and the AD run i'm surprised i got out alive :O
haha i loved that play. sitting on my front porch in Norman, watching the TV (yea we had cable TV on our porch my senior year. and yes, it was awesome), screaming "Dammit BRadley! catch the stupid bal...ohhhh niiiccee grab.....GO GO GOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOO"

oumartin
5/30/2007, 03:50 PM
True Dat!

colleyvillesooner
5/30/2007, 03:51 PM
Offseason rules!! :D

OSUAggie
5/30/2007, 03:55 PM
It was pretty clear that he never had possession. He bobbled it the entire way down the sideline then dropped it in the end zone. Plus, he stepped out at the 43 yard line. ****ing cheaters. ;)

That 2004 offense you guys had was one of the best I've seen.

yermom
5/30/2007, 04:06 PM
sadly the one better was 2004 USC :O

OSUAggie
5/30/2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah, they were pretty good, too. Obviously.

I just like the style of the 2004 OU offense... Pound it with Peterson, then hit somone over the top. West coast offenses are fun to look at statistically, but the style of play doesn't really do it for me.

JDawg2303
5/30/2007, 04:17 PM
sadly the one better was 2004 USC :O

The only reason why that offense was better than ours, IMO, was because our defense, specifically the secondary, made them look better. The whole game was Leinart passing deep over our secondary to one of his many open receivers, with the occasional run by the cheatin' Bush.

yermom
5/30/2007, 04:26 PM
i liked the balance of the Bush/White combo

if i remember right, White killed us more than Bush did

OSUAggie
5/30/2007, 04:29 PM
Yah White seemed to shine in the big games with everyone geared to stop Bush. In the other games, he'd just have a ho-hum 100 yards on 14 carries and 2 scores.

Widescreen
5/30/2007, 05:37 PM
That 2004 offense you guys had was one of the best I've seen.
Nothing compared to the OSU offense of course. :les:

TripleOption14
5/30/2007, 07:06 PM
The thing i remember about the "bobble" play was the fact that when he finally caught it he ran past EVERYONE!!! He ran a crossing route almost a dig route and someone in the defensive backfield had to have an angle on him. But the next thing you see is him pulling away from everybody. Truly on of the fastest Sooners to ever lace them up.

King Crimson
5/30/2007, 07:37 PM
one of my fave players of the current era.

goingoneight
5/30/2007, 07:57 PM
Didn't he walk on as a DB when he first arrived, or was that Clayton? Prolly Bradley, cuz Clayton played in 2001 as a freshmen. Bradley/Clayton was the best two I ever was, they just seemed to feed off of eachother's energy, ya know. Whenever Clayton hit a play, Bradley made an outstanding catch.

Bradley was fast, but Clayton was the YAC guy, IMHO. Bradley is what I like to think Malcom Kelly will evole into soon. Long legs, good frame, and nothing gets in the way of him when he's gonna make a highlight reel catch.

stoopified
5/31/2007, 09:15 AM
The BOBBLE play ranks up there with Work's two shuutle runs as among the greatest plays in Stoops era.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/31/2007, 09:56 AM
Well he was certainly ridiculous in the Orange Bowl. Not that USC needed the help, apparently. But that was one of the worst clinch jobs I've ever seen. It's too bad his final OU game was such a poor performance after all the great plays he provided. :(

MiccoMacey
5/31/2007, 09:58 AM
Renaldo Works' shuttle pass = Still one of my favorite plays of all-time.

If you think about the significance of that game:

1) We were playing against another traditional powerhouse, Alabama.

2) We had just lost our previous home game (in 2001), so we were in jeopardy of losing two in a row at home.

3) We lost our starting QB and had to insert Nate Hybl, the evil villain of the 2001 season, and someone few Sooner fans believed in at the time.

4) We were ahead something like 23-3 at halftime, and they came back and took the lead 27-23 with about three minutes to play. We looked woeful for the entire second half.

Without a doubt, had we lost to Alabama, our season would have looked much different. Players would have started to waver in confidence, especially on offense.

And in comes my man, Renaldo. Saves the day. Just a truly "Sooner Magic" moment.

I may have to watch that game again today.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/31/2007, 10:51 AM
^^^^Agreed.^^^^

And then to follow it up with the fake punt the next year at Bama....

They probably felt like we did after the Fiesta Bowl. Whozit!?!? Wha?!?!

OUTrumpet
5/31/2007, 10:55 AM
I still remember what happened after Works' run. Alabama starts driving, and their qb drops back to pass, and Eric Bassey strips the qb on a safety blitz, and runs it all the way back. The stadium exploded for that 40 yard fumble recovery.

MiccoMacey
5/31/2007, 10:55 AM
The fake punt may be my number two favorite play, but only because of who caught the pass.

I almost cried big girl tears when I saw Michael Thompson catch that pass. To remember what happened to him and how some doctors thought he may not even live through the crash, let alone walk again, let alone run again, let alone play football again, let alone...

I'm getting misty just thinking about that kid.

Darn allergies. ;)

Salt City Sooner
5/31/2007, 03:05 PM
I still remember what happened after Works' run. Alabama starts driving, and their qb drops back to pass, and Eric Bassey strips the qb on a safety blitz, and runs it all the way back. The stadium exploded for that 40 yard fumble recovery.
I'd love to give Bassey credit for the strip, but it'd be unfounded. Watts wasn't touched, & just flat dropped the ball. His arm came forward, but the ball went backward. BIG case of Sooner Magic.

Widescreen
5/31/2007, 03:16 PM
Actually I don't think Bassey stripped it. He just picked up the fumbled ball and took it to the house.

SoonerSinger3
5/31/2007, 08:58 PM
Kinda sad that the fumble recovery by Bassey would be the highlight of his career...He was a good freshman SS but just never panned out, especially when he moved to cornerback. He was good, but I thought he was going to be an All-American after his freshman season.

sooneron
5/31/2007, 09:37 PM
Kinda sad that the fumble recovery by Bassey would be the highlight of his career...He was a freshman cornerback that MS shoehorned into a SS but just never panned out, especially when he moved to cornerback, he never got his cover skills back. He bit on nearly every play action his freshman season.
fixed that for ya

:rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
5/31/2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, let's do the Bassey thing again!

I ****ing love the offseason. :D

william_brasky
6/1/2007, 06:21 AM
The first real rumblings I remember hearing about Mark was when he ran scout team QB for an Iowa State game. Coaches were raving about how many plays he was making in practice versus our #1 D as Seneca Wallace. At that time I believe he was down the depth chart as a DB.

Do I remember that correctly?

Widescreen
6/1/2007, 07:59 AM

Chuck Long sucks.

MiccoMacey
6/1/2007, 09:09 AM

Hybl-bait.