PDA

View Full Version : arlington > dallas

jk the sooner fan
5/30/2007, 11:56 AM
anybody hear Norm Hitzges interview of the Arlington mayor on the ticket about an hour ago?

if Laura Miller even had half a shred of the vision that Kluck has.....it just made me sick to think the City of Dallas could have had all of that......

Arlington has some BIG development plans on going, should be fun to watch

OKLA21FAN
5/30/2007, 11:58 AM
oh yeah?????

well she kept the RRS!!!!

i'm thinking in 2010 many will be saying 'how long before we can move this game to Jerry World, that is the nicest stadium evar'!

jk the sooner fan
5/30/2007, 11:59 AM
the glory park development sounds really nice

there will be alot more than just the RRS wanting to go to arlington

TexasLidig8r
5/30/2007, 12:05 PM
anybody hear Norm Hitzges interview of the Arlington mayor on the ticket about an hour ago?

if Laura Miller even had half a shred of the vision that Kluck has.....it just made me sick to think the City of Dallas could have had all of that......

Arlington has some BIG development plans on going, should be fun to watch

Well.. she was sure correct about how there would never be any development around the American Airlines Center.. man, that part of town is just a waste land!

Tear Down This Wall
5/30/2007, 12:08 PM
Listen, Laura Miller is a Democrat from Wisconsin...there's no possible way she could have grasped the economic importance of a new football stadium in the heart of the ghetto. The election of Ron Kirk and Laura Miller, plus the lesbian sheriff and the soon-to-be mayor Ed Oakley, who is queer as a three dollar bill, do nothing more than prove how lost Dallas really is.

Even though Arlington has many minorities and such, they don't let it stand in the way of progress. Instead of chosing up sides, like the Dallas morons do, everyone in Arlington gets on board...except the most hard core libertarians who think no money should ever be spent at anytime to benefit a community.

BajaOklahoma
5/30/2007, 12:13 PM
One of the former Mayors of Arlington is the mother of a friend. She was a very smart lady - great business savy. IOW, the opposite of LM.
Arlington has been working on their plan for years. Their people work together. IOW, the opposite of Dallas.

jk the sooner fan
5/30/2007, 12:17 PM
in fairness to Laura Miller - the blame isnt just on her......the Dallas City Council is terribly racially divided and sucks just as hard as she does......even if she had the foresight to bring the Cowboys to Dallas, i'm not sure that the city council would have made it possible

Tear Down This Wall
5/30/2007, 12:18 PM
Yes. They all equally suck. It's amazing when you look west to Arlington and Fort Worth and see two ther cities filled with minorities, but don't make it the central theme of every issue that comes down the pike.

1stTimeCaller
5/30/2007, 01:12 PM
anything ever happen with the FBI investigation of a Dallas city council member or two and some developers?

OKLA21FAN
5/30/2007, 01:13 PM
anything ever happen with the FBI investigation of a Dallas city council member or two and some developers?

yeah,

the paid off the FEDS using their DISD credit cards