PDA

View Full Version : Advice on finding...

SleestakSooner
5/30/2007, 12:17 AM
... a person when all you know about them is their first and last name and where they were living at one time as well as the fact that they went to a trade school that is no longer in existence. I have tried internet searches of all kinds and other means but do any of you know of a sure fire, inexpensive way to track a person down that you are related to? Keep in mind I don't have the cash to hire a PI and there may not be a great deal of time left to find them at all.

Before the jokes begin... no I am not stalking anyone. Suffice it to say that this person could have been an important part of my life, but chose not to be. I would like the chance to at least meet them before it is too late.

TheLurker
5/30/2007, 12:25 AM
have you tried http://www.zabasearch.com/

oumartin
5/30/2007, 12:30 AM
hire a P.I.

SleestakSooner
5/30/2007, 12:44 AM
hire a P.I. Which part of "Keep in mind I don't have the cash to hire a PI" did you have trouble with?

A big part of the problem is I do not have a middle name for this person and their name is almost as common as John Smith :(

soonerboomer93
5/30/2007, 01:09 AM
myspace

newspaper ad

www.stalker.com

olevetonahill
5/30/2007, 01:18 AM
empty ur Peem Box :cool:
Or peem me .
Have you tried Classmates.com ?

oumartin
5/30/2007, 01:34 AM
he wants to find someone not off someone vet! ;)

oumartin
5/30/2007, 01:36 AM
and Sleek I quit reading after Advice in finding....

so actually I have no trouble understanding. just trouble with my attention span

olevetonahill
5/30/2007, 01:40 AM
:eek:
he wants to find someone not off someone vet! ;)
My BAD !:eek:

yermom
5/30/2007, 01:41 AM
are they in OK?

do you have a DOB?

goingoneight
5/30/2007, 02:25 AM
Are you a myspace nerd? Facebook? You can research names that way if that person should happen to be a myspace nerd, themself. Sorry, that's about the extent of my stalking knowledge... :D

BajaOklahoma
5/30/2007, 09:09 AM
Trade school often involves careers that require licensure by the State. Try searching on the State Board for that career. If the person has not been employed in that field during the last 15 years, they probably won't be on there.

Have you tried entering their name on www.genealogy.com? Sounds weird, but you might find relatives that can put you in touch. And there are several people on here with a paid subscription - they have access to more data.

SoonerInKCMO
5/30/2007, 09:41 AM
Have you tried usa-people-search.com ? Put in their name and a state they lived in and it should find them. For a full report on them with address and phone number it'll cost $30 or so.

I_SMELL_FEAR
5/30/2007, 09:45 AM
There is a really good documentary about finding lost relatives called "Joe Dirt"

stoopified
5/30/2007, 10:31 AM
and Sleek I quit reading after Advice in finding....

so actually I have no trouble understanding. just trouble with my attention span
I hrd tht bt u.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/30/2007, 10:33 AM
Call Miss America.

Tell her that they're internet chatroom child molesters.

SleestakSooner
5/30/2007, 12:56 PM
Ha! I have tried a couple of internet search sites and called all the people that possibly fit the correct age and who live the last know area. All to no avail.

Baja thanks for the advice, they went to a court reporting school in OKC way back in the mid sixties. The school went OOB not long after that so finding those records would be difficult if at all possible.

To the Miss America and Joe Dirt posters, I expected as much but thanks for your invaluable input on this delicate matter...

Hamhock
5/30/2007, 01:00 PM
are you pregnant with his baby?

SleestakSooner
5/30/2007, 02:27 PM
How did you guess? thanks for playing... and try not to be jealous

Hamhock
5/30/2007, 02:57 PM
How did you guess? thanks for playing... and try not to be jealous

you think i want to be pregnant with his baby?

BajaOklahoma
5/30/2007, 03:56 PM
http://www.ocraonline.org/memberlist.htm

Probably retired, but it might be worth a try.

SleestakSooner
5/30/2007, 05:01 PM
you think i want to be pregnant with his baby?

If I told you what I think about your post or general attitude I doubt you would like it at all.

Baja thanks once again for actually trying to help. I will check that link out when I get to the house, hopefully it will set me on the right track. :)

SleestakSooner
6/17/2007, 03:11 PM
OK it's time to update the few of you who responded in kind to this thread. Thanks to the good suggestions and considerable help from a couple of you good people I was able to locate the person in question's address and complete name.

Now I am trying to get a phone number to go with that address and have so far not had any luck. Do any of you have the ability to call up phone numbers that may otherwise be unlisted? If so please shoot me a PM and I will give the info to you in hopes that you can find that number and I can give them a call. TIA

yermom
6/17/2007, 03:31 PM
if they are like a lot of people and only have a cell phone, that could be tough.

sounds like it might be letter time :D