PDA

View Full Version : Just pure excitement...

blueyedsooner
5/29/2007, 11:00 PM
I don't post much, but I'm so excited I'm posting this everywhere tonight.
After 18 1/2 weeks of pregnancy I had my BIG ultrasound. We found out today we are having a baby GIRL!!!! We are beyond thrilled!! We have custody of husband's two boys and they are so excited to have a sister coming soon! We really....no I really needed some estrogen in this house!

Hubby was covinced we were having a boy and was being very cautious about getting excited about having a girl....although he really wanted a girl. During the U/S the radio was playing in the background and as the technician was getting a close up of her face looking straight at us, the song "I'm a Believer" came on. "Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer...." You should have seen the look on his face! He finally said, Ok, Ok.....I believe it now! Absolutely priceless!!!!

Just have too much excitement to keep it to myself....I want everyone to know!!! :)

Ok....attention whore moment over. I won't have another one until October, I promise! ;)

Soonerus
5/29/2007, 11:06 PM
Congrats...

Okla-homey
5/29/2007, 11:07 PM
Congratulations!

BajaOklahoma
5/29/2007, 11:11 PM
Wonderful! Congrats!

StoopTroup
5/29/2007, 11:13 PM
Great news Blueyedsooner...

We loves the Sooner Babies here at SoonerFans...

Thanks for sharing...

ST

royalfan5
5/29/2007, 11:29 PM
Congrats

goingoneight
5/29/2007, 11:29 PM
Name idee-urs, yet? I heard someone in 1999, I think it was, ask Bob Stoops on the radio after his sons were born why he didn't name his boys Boomer and Sooner... I know it was dumb and corny, I just always snicker when I think back to that. :D

Tailwind
5/29/2007, 11:42 PM
I am so happy for you! A little girl will round out your family perfectly!

soonerboomer93
5/30/2007, 12:08 AM
congrats

SleestakSooner
5/30/2007, 12:58 AM
Thanks for sharing the good news, congratulations!

olevetonahill
5/30/2007, 01:38 AM
Fandamtastic :D
I remember when My 1st ex was preggers with Our 1st Born . I wanted a Boy More than you cam Know .
I was the youngest of 5 and the only Boy:D
All My Cousins had Girls .
This was befor U/S
I went with My ex to the Docs.
After 2 hrs or so I say I need some AIR , so I walk , out and see A DADDY with HIS lil Girl , She stepped In some MUD and went to crying :eek:
I said Right then . Give Me a HEALTHY baby
That Lil Girl Melted My heart .

crawfish
5/30/2007, 07:28 AM
Is that your family in your avatar? Am I to assume that you already have two boys?

If so, wow. I guess it IS possible! (Dad of three boys. :D )

jk the sooner fan
5/30/2007, 07:34 AM
congrats to both of you!

OUHOMER
5/30/2007, 07:42 AM
congrats,

proud gonzo
5/30/2007, 07:45 AM
congrats!

blueyedsooner
5/30/2007, 09:21 AM
Is that your family in your avatar? Am I to assume that you already have two boys?

If so, wow. I guess it IS possible! (Dad of three boys. :D )

Yes it is! And hallelujah is CAN happen. Those are my boys by choice! They are my world and I love every inch of them. This will be my first, and I was in some serious need of someone on MY side! ;) My husband was very shocked thinking he would NEVER have a girl....he is super excited as well!

Thanks for all the congrats! I'm still floating on a PINK cloud!!!

crawfish
5/30/2007, 09:25 AM
Yes it is! And hallelujah is CAN happen. Those are my boys by choice! They are my world and I love every inch of them. This will be my first, and I was in some serious need of someone on MY side! ;) My husband was very shocked thinking he would NEVER have a girl....he is super excited as well!

Thanks for all the congrats! I'm still floating on a PINK cloud!!!

Although...that one girl will be more expensive than the two boys put together. ;)

Congrats!

Boomer.....
5/30/2007, 09:27 AM
Congrats!

birddog
5/30/2007, 09:33 AM
you're going through the same thing i did when i found out my wife was having a boy.

best feeling in the world. congratulations!

Rhino
5/30/2007, 09:41 AM
YAY, the niece!

Tell J I'll be the muscle when boys come over to ask her out.

Viking Kitten
5/30/2007, 09:42 AM
Our first one was a boy, and when we went in for the ultrasound on the second one, I cannot tell you how badly I was hoping for a girl. I was ecstatic when I found out that's what I was getting. Our son, on the other hand, who was two and a half at the time, let out this disappointed wail of "Nooooo! I wanted a brother." So I told him he was very lucky to have a little sister to protect and to whom he would be a hero, and eventually he came around.

Congrats, Blueeyed! I bet your little girl will make you as happy an mine makes me.

Viking Kitten
5/30/2007, 09:45 AM
YAY, the niece!

RHINO SMASH THE TEENAGE PUNKS!

Tulsa_Fireman
5/30/2007, 09:50 AM
Hellacious deal, ain't it?

I was hellbent for leather wanting a boy. The usual bravado and Bravo Sierra, carrying on the family name, growing up buck strong, et cetera. Then I thought about it a little.

I was an idiot. (probably still am ;))

And I'll be the one raising this boy, the same idiot that gave my old man nine kinds of fits. And if he'd have been anything even remotely like me, the root of the initial wish, he'd have so many knots pokin' out the top of his head he could hang hats off of 'em. Knots I put there. Because like his old man, me, he'd be an idiot.

Then and only then did I realize having a girl wouldn't be that bad.

Then and only then did I realize the prospect of having a 'Daddy's Girl'. Wide eyed and beautiful, as loving as the Lord, and looking to me of all people for the ways and means of this crazy thing we call life. That instead of building a man from a boy, my duty was and is to protect, teach, and nurture this beautiful blessing God laid upon me. The idiot that had a permanent set of knots on his head as a child.

And it's been an absolute hoot so far. Not that a boy wouldn't be the same, but instead of standing behind the boy as he grows, pushing him along to take the figurative shots to the chin every man needs to learn how to take, I'm standing side by side with my Abigail, fists up, daring the world to throw its best at us. And we've taken our share. But the entire time, it's been us. Father and daughter, teacher and student, student and teacher, a rock and a hard place with nothing between us but love.

And I wouldn't trade that for a THOUSAND boys.

blueyedsooner
5/30/2007, 10:37 AM
YAY, the niece!

With two brothers, a Big Daddy, a Grumpy and an Uncle Rhino....BOYS don't stand a chance around here!!! Poor girl...she's going to have to sneak them by!

OUDoc
5/30/2007, 11:33 AM
Congrats!

crawfish
5/30/2007, 12:19 PM
Hellacious deal, ain't it?

I was hellbent for leather wanting a boy. The usual bravado and Bravo Sierra, carrying on the family name, growing up buck strong, et cetera. Then I thought about it a little.

I was an idiot. (probably still am ;))

And I'll be the one raising this boy, the same idiot that gave my old man nine kinds of fits. And if he'd have been anything even remotely like me, the root of the initial wish, he'd have so many knots pokin' out the top of his head he could hang hats off of 'em. Knots I put there. Because like his old man, me, he'd be an idiot.

Then and only then did I realize having a girl wouldn't be that bad.

Then and only then did I realize the prospect of having a 'Daddy's Girl'. Wide eyed and beautiful, as loving as the Lord, and looking to me of all people for the ways and means of this crazy thing we call life. That instead of building a man from a boy, my duty was and is to protect, teach, and nurture this beautiful blessing God laid upon me. The idiot that had a permanent set of knots on his head as a child.

And it's been an absolute hoot so far. Not that a boy wouldn't be the same, but instead of standing behind the boy as he grows, pushing him along to take the figurative shots to the chin every man needs to learn how to take, I'm standing side by side with my Abigail, fists up, daring the world to throw its best at us. And we've taken our share. But the entire time, it's been us. Father and daughter, teacher and student, student and teacher, a rock and a hard place with nothing between us but love.

And I wouldn't trade that for a THOUSAND boys.

I'm still not gonna try again. :)

LilSooner
5/30/2007, 04:04 PM
Hoooray! My beautiful sister in law is going to have a beautiful niece! I'm the happiest aunt around.

Viking Kitten
5/30/2007, 04:11 PM
I bet Lil would be an amazing aunt... who better to help indoctrinate the little one into the wonderful world of Sephora and awesome footwear?

C&CDean
5/30/2007, 04:22 PM
Rhino must be slipping. Here he is all "I'll protect her from the boys" when he oughta be "you did what to my sister???":mad:

Good on you guys! After 5 boys, there are times I wish I had more estrogen around - but then my MIL visits - and I thank God for all the testosterone. Not sure I could handle more than one female wife and one female dog. But I digress....

Best wishes to you, and whatever you do, do NOT have the kid during an OU weekend, especially that one weekend in early October.

soonersweetie
5/31/2007, 01:47 PM
Congrats!!!! That is awesome news!!!!

LilSooner
5/31/2007, 02:20 PM
I bet Lil would be an amazing aunt... who better to help indoctrinate the little one into the wonderful world of Sephora and awesome footwear?

Oh you are damn right. Auntie Lil, will make sure that the little one queen of the play pen. Not to mention making sure she knows the finer points of shin kicking.:D