PDA

View Full Version : Rivals vs. Scout

melbitoast
5/29/2007, 08:25 PM
Hopefully some of you recruiting insiders (Rhino, SuperNinja, Showman) can help enlighten me and some of our other recruiting junkies.

What are some of the pros and cons? Who's more accurate and dependable?

Allow for some examples --
Lynn Katoa: on Rivals, low interest. On Scout, we're in with everyone else
Jeffrey Fuller: Rivals - medium interest. On Scout, top 2 with A&M
Dejuan Miller: Rivals - medium with everyone. Scout - #1
Julio Jones: Rivals - no mention of us. Scout - top 7.

Obviously there are more examples, but which site is more better in your opinion? :confused:

Thanks!!

goingoneight
5/29/2007, 11:59 PM
Rivals are mean, and scouts try and take your good players early. ;)

insuranceman_22
5/30/2007, 12:02 AM
I don't subscribe to either of them, but I check them both pretty often. In all honesty, I'd say read what Rich, Superninja and some others are saying on here. The scout service's will give you good idea's, but they're aren't always accurate. If I had to pick one, I'd pick rivals, they seem to be faster (but do occasionally jump the gun) and their info. seems to be more accurate. Just my take....

melbitoast
5/30/2007, 12:53 AM
I don't subscribe to either one either. I just look for all the free stuff I can find. On oklahoma.scout.com they have a list of every single guy we've offered, plus guys that are interested in us that we haven't offered. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate, but it's a decent way to track recruits. Rivals.com has all the free videos, so that's nice, but I'm not real happy with their recent top 100 release.

snp
5/30/2007, 04:08 AM
I don't put any credence to those interest level meters because they tend to be very outdated. You can read a story where a player lists his favorites and both sites won't update it for a while. or maybe they can't get a hold of the kid for a few months and leave his interests unchanged when they've flipped dramatically.

As for which is better, hard to say since no one has really dedicated time to tracking down both of their recruiting rankings into performance evaluations. I was going to do a breakdown of the lists and the NFL drafts, but I got lazy. ouinsider is about to break away from Scout this summer and will go independent. Hard to say how well they will do with that.

Best advice, find good sources that are close to the team ;)

goingoneight
5/31/2007, 12:53 AM
I'll just call my cousin, Malcom Kelly. We've been real close since he gave me that kidney. :D

snp
5/31/2007, 02:18 PM
Looks like USC is leaving Scout as well.

rankin07
6/1/2007, 02:53 PM
rivals updates so much faster then scout does and their database of prospects is so much better and has every player OU is looking at..scout sometimes doesnt even have commits in its database