PDA

View Full Version : "my" immigration policy

jk the sooner fan
5/29/2007, 10:50 AM
Everybody's making immigration proposals these days. Let me add mine to the mix.

First: If you immigrate to our country, you have to speak the native language. You have to be a professional or an investor; no unskilled workers allowed. Also, there will be no special bilingual programs in the schools with this policy. No special ballots for elections. No government business will be conducted in your language. Foreigners will not have the right to vote ¡ª or hold political office.

If you're in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled to welfare, food stamps, or other government goodies. You can come if you invest here: an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage. If not, stay home. But if you want to buy land, it'll be restricted. No waterfront, for instance. As a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to the property.

And another thing. You don't have the right to protest. You're allowed no demonstrations, no foreign flag waving, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our President or his policies. You're a foreigner: shut your mouth or get out! And if you come here illegally, you're going to jail.

You think this policy is harsh? Well, every one of the laws I just mentioned are actual laws of Mexico today! That's how the Mexican government handles immigrants to their country. Yet Mexicans come here illegally and protest in our streets!

of course I didnt write this, but spek to whoever can guess did write it

usmc-sooner
5/29/2007, 10:53 AM
Edward James Olmos

or Cheech Marin?

Petro-Sooner
5/29/2007, 10:57 AM
It still amases me how or why they dont take all that energy in protesting for there legalization into America and the such and not pushing THERE OWN GOVERNMENT to fix there country.

usmc-sooner
5/29/2007, 10:59 AM
Is there one Spanish speaking country that is well ran? Spain maybe the closest but I wouldn't call it a success.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/29/2007, 11:01 AM
That's because they are doing Mexico's bidding and trying to get back the Mexican Secession lands...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/29/2007, 11:01 AM
Is there one Spanish speaking country that is well ran? Spain maybe the closest but I wouldn't call it a success.

Any place the Spaniards colonized is messed up!

usmc-sooner
5/29/2007, 11:02 AM
That's because they are doing Mixico's bidding and trying to get back the Mexican Secession lands...

give them Texas and Southern California and lets call it even.

AggieTool
5/29/2007, 11:05 AM
give them Texas and Southern California and lets call it even.

Don't they already have it?:confused:

usmc-sooner
5/29/2007, 11:06 AM
Don't they already have it?:confused:

pretty much

Newbomb Turk
5/29/2007, 11:44 AM
sounds like a chain e-mail I received. I think the e-mail quoted Rush as saying it. Don't know if that's right or not.

jk the sooner fan
5/29/2007, 11:45 AM
spek to newbomb!

Newbomb Turk
5/29/2007, 11:48 AM
spek to newbomb!

I'll have to pass the spek along to my Dad. Since he retired, I get about 20 e-mails a day from him.

royalfan5
5/29/2007, 12:00 PM
There economy is growing faster than most in Europe, and has been spurred by taking a tons of immigrants ironically enough.

85Sooner
5/29/2007, 12:05 PM
I like it.

Widescreen
5/29/2007, 12:05 PM
spek to newbomb!
Which kind?

LoyalFan
5/29/2007, 05:36 PM
Any place the Spaniards colonized is messed up!

To be brutally but truthfully frank, any former colony of a Catholic power is uck-fay...well you know. Take some time to compare former such colonies...French, Dutch (horribly cruel masters, despite all that good cheese and buxom girls in wooden shoes,) Portugal, Belgium (probably the cruelest of all,) and, of course, Dear Old Spain. The Italians never really got the hang of it, waiting until the 20th Century to screw the Ethiopians.
Compare them all to Crown Colonies. English, y'know.
The Catholic nations, in the main, enslaved the aboriginals, or at least made them third-class citizens in their very homes. They plundered every resource with no restraint, and killed at the slightest hint of protest.
Merrie Olde England, on the other hand, trained civil servants on the British model, provided education through university level for the best and brightest, and integrated native troops into their colonial armed forces. They trained physicians, skilled mechanics, educators, lawyers, police,...all to prepare them for independence. And, in most cases, independence was signalled by a nice flag ceremony, not a massacre (That came later, between differing religions and tribes...Breeding will out.)
Almost without exception, colonies under Catholic domination gained independence by fire, blood, and atrocities so horrible as to boggle the mind. A March morning, circa the 60's, in Portugese Angola was one of such horror that I refuse to post a link regarding it.
Another example, Algeria's struggle for freedom from the Frogs...a nightmare.
On the other hand, though only a few of them have enjoyed relative stability and freedom from tribe-eat-tribe, President takes the money and runs, etc, On the whole the former Crown Colonies have done far better. Well, there IS Canada, but they're trying. In fact, what's the real embarassment to Canada? Ohhh, having to change their flag, anthem, and 1/2 the language to pander to the bloody Frogs...Catholic contribution to Canada? Why, Kew-bec, mes amis!
Soooo, all of South and Central America (even the best of the best, Costa Rica, is falling apart,) plus Meh-hee-Ko, The Congo, Angola, the list goes on, are victims of an invader that showed up carrying a sword in one hand, a cross in the other, and a greed unparalleled until Rosie O'Dipstick found the all-you-can-eat buffet.
NO! I am NOT Catholic bashing! On the whole, it has matured as it's direct influence on national matters has waned (in Europe, that is.) But I wonder...Is the collective guilt so great as to explain the Catholic church and it's functionaries constantly preaching "Liberation Theology", harboring illegals (even those known to be thugs,) and meddling incessantly in governmental matters while claiming tax-exempt status?

OK. I admit that Martin Luther (the German one!) is my guy, but I attended a Catholic U. AND married two lovely Catholic girls IN the Catholic Church. I count devout Catholics, AND Baptists, Methodists, Unitarians, Mormons, etc, so well as a couple subscribing to a non-sched theology which dictates that if one lives a virtuous life and worships mayonnaise (Not HELLman's, you heretic!) on a daily basis his/her soul will enjoy a blissful eternity in a small independent auto repair facility in some place that looks suspiciously like New Jersey (Bayonne area, based on descriptions provided by those having near-death experiences.)...wheeze...among my closest friends and companions.
I respect all RESPECTABLE religions (Sorry, Osama) so long as they allow for freedom in all aspects of human behavior, but with reasonable consequences for lapses proving harmful to others.

Let the outrage begin...Hey, after all, that Inquisition thing was kinda fun...wasn't it?

LF

47straight
5/29/2007, 10:27 PM
This is a complete joke, right?