5/28/2007, 10:46 PM
I think it's fixed now.

Leaky compressor, amongst other things.

Or were you not talking to me?
:D :D :D :D
Could they NOT find the prob with dye ?

Turd_Ferguson
5/28/2007, 11:05 PM
It's still the same. I cleaned the radiator the best I could, but no change. One of the mechanics at my work say's it sounds like "I have a problem between the high side and low side" being out of balance of sumpn???:confused: Anyway, when I get to sweaten, I'll take it to the local mechanic and have him fix it.

GottaHavePride
5/28/2007, 11:07 PM
:D :D :D :D
Could they NOT find the prob with dye ?

Dye never told 'em jack. Anyway, at first the guy said "oh, you just have to overcharge that model car a bit - I used to drive one of those." Well, he was wrong, so next they replaced the sensors like you said. That didn't help, either, but they checked and noticed they hadn't seated one of the new sensors quite right, so they fixed that and while they were at it they noticed the compressor was leaking and replaced that too. It seems to be fine now.

olevetonahill
5/28/2007, 11:12 PM
It's still the same. I cleaned the radiator the best I could, but no change. One of the mechanics at my work say's it sounds like "I have a problem between the high side and low side" being out of balance of sumpn???:confused: Anyway, when I get to sweaten, I'll take it to the local mechanic and have him fix it.
Unless you can tell me the high side . low side pressures at idle and then at loke 2000 rpms . Im just guessing

olevetonahill
5/28/2007, 11:13 PM
Dye never told 'em jack. Anyway, at first the guy said "oh, you just have to overcharge that model car a bit - I used to drive one of those." Well, he was wrong, so next they replaced the sensors like you said. That didn't help, either, but they checked and noticed they hadn't seated one of the new sensors quite right, so they fixed that and while they were at it they noticed the compressor was leaking and replaced that too. It seems to be fine now.
Glad its working for you GHP . But how in hell can you NOT find a leak with the dye ? but then Notice it ?

Turd_Ferguson
5/28/2007, 11:20 PM
Unless you can tell me the high side . low side pressures at idle and then at loke 2000 rpms . Im just guessing
Can I get a high side guage at O'really's? Cheap?

soonerboomer93
5/28/2007, 11:45 PM
GHP shall now be known as Turd

olevetonahill
5/29/2007, 12:10 AM
Can I get a high side guage at O'really's? Cheap?
Where ya live ?
hell go a shop get an Estimate then tell me what they say . :D
Ill do fix for parts and beer !:D

StoopTroup
5/29/2007, 03:52 AM
I bought a decent set of guages at Grainger here in Tulsa.

I think you can buy from them on-line too.

www.grainger.com (http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/3XL15)

Here's a little cheaper one...

www.professionalequipment.com (http://www.professionalequipment.com/bacharach-r-12-22-134a-manifold-set-2002-5000/refrigerant-recovery-tools/)

olevetonahill
5/29/2007, 03:56 AM
I bought a decent set of guages at Grainger here in Tulsa.

I think you can buy from them on-line too.

www.grainger.com (http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/3XL15)
You trying to cut me out of Beer . aint ya !:mad:

StoopTroup
5/29/2007, 04:21 AM
I'm trying to find you a place to by beer online....;)