PDA

View Full Version : Summer Funk

SicEmBaylor
5/28/2007, 10:34 PM
So far this has been a horrific summer. Ever since class ended but especially since I came back to OK, I have had no motivation to do anything. I sleep until 2-3 in the afternoon. I play some xbox, watch the sopranos, and that's about all I do all day long. I have a huge "missed call" list on my cell phone because I don't have the motivation to answer it and I'm having the same problem with my e-mail which is starting to stack up.

I need something to break the funk. SicEmEx is apparently "bored" and wants to play mini-golf or have dinner tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'm sufficiently motivated to even do that. I'm thinking of going back to Waco and playing a little golf or something.

royalfan5
5/28/2007, 10:35 PM
Get a job. Problem solved.

olevetonahill
5/28/2007, 10:36 PM
Dayum Boy . Get a Job and help PAY for yer educaition :D

OUAndy1807
5/28/2007, 10:37 PM
yeah, really. cry me a ****ing river.

GottaHavePride
5/28/2007, 10:43 PM
Dude. Summer doesn't officially start until mid-June. You're still in the middle of angst-y spring.

Tailwind
5/28/2007, 10:46 PM
Go to Walgreens and pick up some B-12 Complex drops. They're sublingual and they should help. DO IT NOW!!!!

OUinFLA
5/28/2007, 10:48 PM
drink a 4 pack of Zima.

1stTimeCaller
5/28/2007, 10:59 PM
your parents should be ashamed of themselves. They have done not only you an injustice but society as a whole an injustice by the way they have raised you to be a helpless person that lives on handouts and welfare.

Grow up, get a job, quit being a leech on society.

Melo
5/28/2007, 11:24 PM
Grow up, get a job, quit being a leech on society.

Pfft! That wont happen. He wants to be a politician! :eek:

tommieharris91
5/28/2007, 11:25 PM
I feel the same way, but I have a job that starts this week, so maybe I won't feel lazy anymore. Hopefully.

soonerboomer93
5/28/2007, 11:39 PM
So far this has been a horrific summer. Ever since class ended but especially since I came back to OK, I have had no motivation to do anything. I sleep until 2-3 in the afternoon. I play some xbox, watch the sopranos, and that's about all I do all day long. I have a huge "missed call" list on my cell phone because I don't have the motivation to answer it and I'm having the same problem with my e-mail which is starting to stack up.

I need something to break the funk. SicEmEx is apparently "bored" and wants to play mini-golf or have dinner tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'm sufficiently motivated to even do that. I'm thinking of going back to Waco and playing a little golf or something.

if by mini-golf she means "stick something in her" then don't do it, and if my mini-golf she means "mini-golf" don't do it

birddog
5/28/2007, 11:49 PM
take a tire changing class.

goingoneight
5/28/2007, 11:54 PM
Watch Baylor highlights? I dunno, just throwing it out there.

olevetonahill
5/29/2007, 12:20 AM
Get ur pansy azz down here . NOW :D
Ill teach ya all ya need to know !

Jello Biafra
5/29/2007, 12:22 AM
Get ur pansy azz down here . NOW :D
Ill teach ya all ya need to know !

*key banjos*

i think i hear dueling banjos :)

RADsooner
5/29/2007, 12:28 AM
drink a 4 pack of Zima.

was gonna say ZIMA? but oh yeah its sicem.

olevetonahill
5/29/2007, 12:29 AM
*key banjos*

i think i hear dueling banjos :)
I said Id make a Man outa the boy Not a pansy !:P
Oh and vet spek to you .

SicEmBaylor
5/29/2007, 12:44 AM
I thought about a job. I was going to get a job at the Baylor marina, but I let my lifeguarding certification expire and its required. I think I'll just remain in a vegetated state until school starts.

It'd just give me something to do and some spending money; it wouldn't begin to put a dent in my education costs except books I suppose.

olevetonahill
5/29/2007, 12:53 AM
Lil Bear can you get anymore pathetic ?
If you are helping Pay for your books , spending money then thats :cool:
Your Mom and Dad dont OWE you .:mad:

Vaevictis
5/29/2007, 01:09 AM
Heh, I know what you're saying. I banged out the first draft of my thesis last week, and until I get some feedback I basically have nothing to do.

It feels weird.

Okla-homey
5/29/2007, 05:50 AM
Just a thought...

Even if you do not aspire to earn money fithy lucre, there are a lot of places here in town where you could volunteer this summer and help those less fortunate. If for no other reason than to make you feel better about yourself and give you a reason to get up in the morning.

Helping out folks a rung or two lower than you on the social ladder tends to give people the perspective they need to feel better about life in general.

AlbqSooner
5/29/2007, 06:30 AM
Just a thought...

Even if you do not aspire to earn money fithy lucre, there are a lot of places here in town where you could volunteer this summer and help those less fortunate. If for no other reason than to make you feel better about yourself and give you a reason to get up in the morning.

Helping out folks a rung or two lower than you on the social ladder tends to give people the perspective they need to feel better about life in general.
Excellent advice here. It also gives you a perspective to feel better about life in general. Do not let a summer funk turn into a depression. Seriously, do SOMETHING other than veg out all summer.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/29/2007, 06:33 AM
Just a thought...

Helping out folks a rung or two lower than you on the social ladder tends to give people the perspective they need to feel better about life in general.This is SicEm. He's not about to spend time with the plebes.;)

TUSooner
5/29/2007, 07:33 AM
Holy $hit, whiny boy. My daughter has more balls than you do.

tulsaoilerfan
5/29/2007, 07:42 AM
Why don't you go to the local tittay bar and see what you are missing; maybe that will perk ya up. :)

crawfish
5/29/2007, 08:14 AM
Hey, I've got an idea...chat with a bunch of old, employed guys on an OU website.

SoonerJack
5/29/2007, 08:22 AM
Read something. Work on your resume. Watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Make a list of things you need to do. Make a list of people who are less fortunate than you. Pray. Write a letter to someone you haven't seen in years. Go visit an older relative. Get in touch with a former teacher. Pick up cans along the highway. Help folks change flat tires. Learn to use a compass. Go camping. Learn the guitar. Play bingo with old folks. Learn Spanish. Learn English. Memorize all Texas highways going to Waco. Research the history and resurgence of the Branch Davidians. Begin memorizing the Constitution. Watch every John Wayne movie ever made.

sooner_born_1960
5/29/2007, 08:37 AM
Just a thought...

Plus, politician types need that **** on their resume.

OUinFLA
5/29/2007, 10:27 AM
.... Help folks change flat tires. ......

You gotta be kidding me?

sooner_born_1960
5/29/2007, 10:35 AM
Visit the homebound, and hook up their cable tv.

1stTimeCaller
5/29/2007, 10:45 AM
did your parents have any children that grew up and became adults?

SicEmBaylor
5/29/2007, 10:49 AM
Hey, I've got an idea...chat with a bunch of old, employed guys on an OU website.
I barely have sufficient motivation to do that. Typically during the summers, I work on one political campaign or another, but it's the twilight period right now aside from the Presidential race.

SicEmBaylor
5/29/2007, 10:49 AM
did your parents have any children that grew up and became adults?
I'm the oldest. I have a sister who is 8 years younger than myself.

Petro-Sooner
5/29/2007, 10:54 AM
Why are your parents not making you get off your butt and get a job? I dont get that. Theres no way in hell my kids will come home for the summer and sleep all day. If they want to do that it will not be under my roof. Do it on your own dime.

I_SMELL_FEAR
5/29/2007, 11:02 AM
I say live the dream brother.

ITS THE SUMMER OF SICEM!

Hamhock
5/29/2007, 11:06 AM
sounds like a great time to experiment with Meth.

Viking Kitten
5/29/2007, 11:09 AM

Ironically, reading this guy's threads tends to do the same thing.

royalfan5
5/29/2007, 11:58 AM
I barely have sufficient motivation to do that. Typically during the summers, I work on one political campaign or another, but it's the twilight period right now aside from the Presidential race.
Go to the local golf course or landscaper or mowing service. Spend the summer outdoors working in the hot sun after getting up early. I guarantee it will fix what ails you.

SoonerJack
5/29/2007, 12:11 PM
This thread is starting to depress me. I have a ton of stuff I would LIKE to be doing and no time to do it. Sicem is sleeping his life away.

Olevet, could you arrange a raiding party which might pry him from his slumber and put him to work in some fitting capacity. You could show him how to drink the Natty Light or something.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/29/2007, 12:13 PM
I can't WAIT for Dean to find this thread...

Ike
5/29/2007, 12:15 PM
Look on the bright side...with you unmotivated to do anything, the world is slightly less poluted with your asinine political views ;)

OUinFLA
5/29/2007, 12:28 PM
perhaps you could spend the summer trying to get laid by someone other than SicEmex.

on second thought, you may need to take the fall semester off in order to have enough time. Don't do that to your parents too.

royalfan5
5/29/2007, 12:33 PM
On related note, how the **** are you not done with Baylor yet? I finished a double major in 4 years, and took a double full load to get done earlier in Grad School. By my calucaltions, you have spent 6 years working on a Bachelor's. And you aren't done yet?

OUinFLA
5/29/2007, 12:35 PM
He still has some refining to finish.
olevet is working on that.

Petro-Sooner
5/29/2007, 12:35 PM
On related note, how the **** are you not done with Baylor yet? I finished a double major in 4 years, and took a double full load to get done earlier in Grad School. By my calucaltions, you have spent 6 years working on a Bachelor's. And you aren't done yet?

Hey now calm down. It just takes some of us a little longer. :O :D

SicEmBaylor
5/29/2007, 12:37 PM
Go to the local golf course or landscaper or mowing service. Spend the summer outdoors working in the hot sun after getting up early. I guarantee it will fix what ails you.
Well, I can't mow. It kills my allergies. I'm not a huge fan with outdoorsy hands-on type activities.

I'd rather sit in a cubicle...seriously.

SicEmBaylor
5/29/2007, 12:38 PM
I don't like to rush things.

Ike
5/29/2007, 12:38 PM
Well, I can't mow. It kills my allergies. I'm not a huge fan with outdoorsy hands-on type activities.

data.

entry.

royalfan5
5/29/2007, 12:39 PM

They make drugs for allergies you know. The Post Office and other mail/parcel companies often hire temporary workers for the summer. How about that?

Mjcpr
5/29/2007, 12:40 PM
If it's still there, see if you can get on at Whitlock Packaging. It will be the best job you ever had.

SicEmBaylor
5/29/2007, 12:42 PM
If it's still there, see if you can get on at Whitlock Packaging. It will be the best job you ever had.
Eh, I know Mr. Whitlock so that would be weird. Yes, it's still there. Actually, he may have sold out several years ago. I don't keep up with things since I left for Tejas.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/29/2007, 12:43 PM
*sigh*

Hamhock
5/29/2007, 12:45 PM
Eh, I know Mr. Whitlock so that would be weird. Yes, it's still there. Actually, he may have sold out several years ago. I don't keep up with things since I left for Tejas.

yes, because Jerry is there every day managing the day to day activities :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
5/29/2007, 12:47 PM
I think I'll just volunteer to do whatever at the county GOP HQ down in Waco. The chairman is an old coot who I don't really care for, but it'll give me something to do until the campaign season gets going. I tried to volunteer to help out at Welcome Week or one of the orientation days or something, but all of those positions are "work study" and apparently they don't do volunteers. I really thought it'd be fun to give campus tours and leave prospective freshmen with a positive impression of the place.

1stTimeCaller
5/29/2007, 12:48 PM
sad

SicEmBaylor
5/29/2007, 01:02 PM
And actually...I'm not even home right now. The family is spending a few weeks with my grandmother and Aunt in Purcell. I thought about driving up to Norman and hanging around the OU campus for awhile to see what's up and what's not and such.

Petro-Sooner
5/29/2007, 01:05 PM
I think I'll just volunteer to do whatever at the county GOP HQ down in Waco. The chairman is an old coot who I don't really care for, but it'll give me something to do until the campaign season gets going. I tried to volunteer to help out at Welcome Week or one of the orientation days or something, but all of those positions are "work study" and apparently they don't do volunteers. I really thought it'd be fun to give campus tours and leave prospective freshmen with a positive impression of the place.

Or you could get a real job where you actually make money that can then be applied to say, your electirc or cable bill. Must be nice living off mom and dad.

SicEmBaylor
5/29/2007, 01:09 PM
Or you could get a real job where you actually make money that can then be applied to say, your electirc or cable bill. Must be nice living off mom and dad.
I don't have either. It's all included. And yes, it's nice. ;)

Let me give you an idea of my parents...about a week before I first left for college I come home one night and they're both in my room and my mother is crying and they tell me that I don't have to go to college and if I just want to stay home and let them support me then that's fine but I should never feel like I'm being forced to go to school or leave. I explained that I had no intention of relying on them for the rest of my life, but I appreciated the sentiment.

I absolutely look forward to total monetary independence when I graduate; I'm just not very motivated to do anything until then.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/29/2007, 01:11 PM
Where...the ****...is Dean.

Ike
5/29/2007, 01:13 PM
I don't have either. It's all included. And yes, it's nice. ;)

Let me give you an idea of my parents...about a week before I first left for college I come home one night and they're both in my room and my mother is crying and they tell me that I don't have to go to college and if I just want to stay home and let them support me then that's fine but I should never feel like I'm being forced to go to school or leave. I explained that I had no intention of relying on them for the rest of my life, but I appreciated the sentiment.

I absolutely look forward to total monetary independence when I graduate; I'm just not very motivated to do anything until then.

and what exactly makes you think you are going to be motivated to do anything after then? get off your *** and get a job.

If it can be said that there are ever sound reasons for having illegal immigrants in this country, then right now, you are that reason.

skycat
5/29/2007, 01:18 PM
One summer during grad school I had nothing to do. At all. Well, except using every last bit of the small amount of money I had scraped together towards skydiving (I miss that) and debauchery (I don't miss that near as much).

Doing nothing was everything I thought it could be.

I_SMELL_FEAR
5/29/2007, 02:41 PM
Doing nothing was everything I thought it could be.

Exactly. SicEmEx didnt take you to get hypnotized recently did she?

Vaevictis
5/29/2007, 02:54 PM

Some people just go through college slowly, and some people just don't want to leave.

My father never would have left, but my mother got pregnant with me and told him he had to get a real job.

skycat
5/29/2007, 02:59 PM
Exactly. SicEmEx didnt take you to get hypnotized recently did she?

If she did, he wouldn't be complaining about it.

IB4OU2
5/29/2007, 03:07 PM
Jesus H. Christ! Do you know I worked every summer since the age of 12 mowing lawns, chipping concrete off hundreds of cinder blocks, bailing hay....anything I could do to help make some money for myself or my family. I know why your parents are in Purcell, to get the hell away from a whiney, lazy, spoiled, couch potato. Ok Dean it's your turn..

Mongo
5/29/2007, 03:13 PM
Jesus H. Christ! Do you know I worked every summer since the age of 12 mowing lawns, chipping concrete off hundreds of cinder blocks, bailing hay....anything I could do to help make some money for myself or my family. I know why your parents are in Purcell, to get the hell away from a whiney, lazy, spoiled, couch potato. Ok Dean it's your turn..

the SicEm suicide watch starts now.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/29/2007, 03:46 PM
Hey!

Why don't you start your own carpet cleaning business? Yeah! Then you could post your shenanigans and adventures all summer long right here for the rest of us with jobs!

Yeah! What a great idea!

Petro-Sooner
5/29/2007, 03:49 PM
Man I wish I was apart of SF back when that guy posted. That sounds like some entertainment right there.

Jimminy Crimson
5/29/2007, 04:11 PM
You have access to some funds... Yeah, it's early in the season, but whoever your favorite candidate is, follow them around the country for a month or so. Volunteer with them, they might end up hiring you. If you got a job with them, you could always take a year off from school to 'not rush things' even more, and work on the trail.

Just a thought.

Petro-Sooner
5/29/2007, 04:14 PM
Cab driver. You know cause your good at directions and all. :D I crack myself up.

BigRedJed
5/29/2007, 04:58 PM
Some people just go through college slowly, and some people just don't want to leave..
And some people never go to college, at all...

Of course, some people really aren't people at all, either.

SicEmBaylor
5/29/2007, 06:53 PM
And some people never go to college, at all...

Of course, some people really aren't people at all, either.

I am a real boy! :les:

soonerboomer93
5/30/2007, 12:18 AM
yeah, I need to see a Dean reply...

or olevet needs to go fetch sicem...

tommieharris91
5/30/2007, 01:43 AM
I am a real boy! :les:

Some on this board need proof...

I have one friend whose goal in life is to never to do anything, ever. Somehow, it works for him. He lives with well... some girl who may or may not be his girlfriend now, but he doesn't have to pay for anything, and his gf is paying for her house and every other expense for him and her. Even better, she can't decide whether she wants to break up and kick him out of the house or not. If he gets kicked out, I'll bet he becomes homeless for a little bit. So, when you decide to be lazy forever, just know who you could become.

SicEmBaylor
5/30/2007, 01:58 AM
Some on this board need proof...

I have one friend whose goal in life is to never to do anything, ever. Somehow, it works for him. He lives with well... some girl who may or may not be his girlfriend now, but he doesn't have to pay for anything, and his gf is paying for her house and every other expense for him and her. Even better, she can't decide whether she wants to break up and kick him out of the house or not. If he gets kicked out, I'll bet he becomes homeless for a little bit. So, when you decide to be lazy forever, just know who you could become.

Au contraire!
I'm not lazy; I lack motivation. I work damned hard when I'm motivated the problem is it has to be something I enjoy doing and the things I enjoy doing are very limited.

olevetonahill
5/30/2007, 05:19 AM
Au contraire!
I'm not lazy; I lack motivation. I work damned hard when I'm motivated the problem is it has to be something I enjoy doing and the things I enjoy doing are very limited.
Thats LAZY :pop:

TexasLidig8r
5/30/2007, 08:55 AM
Check List for Sic's Summer of 2007

1. Smoke a cuban cigar _____

2. Drink single malt scotch _____

3. Get a massage and body scrub _____

4. Give BSG a pedicure _____

5. Read "How to be a Gentleman" by John Bridges _____

6. Volunteer at a Children's Hospital _____

7. Work on a Democratic campaign _____
(Know your enemy, know yourself)

8. Have sex with Sic-ex _____

9. Learn to use a 60 degree wedge _____

10. Take in a foreign language or art house movie every month _____

You're welcome in advance. Where do I send my bill?

proud gonzo
5/30/2007, 09:02 AM

I'd rather sit in a cubicle...seriously.oh, don't even give me that ****. you're talking to the allergy twin who just spent 12 days outdoors practically nonstop sleeping with patio doors open to the outside every damn night. Allergies don't explain being pathetic.

The only kind of summer funk that's allowed is if you listen to Tower of Power on a loop 24/7. :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
5/30/2007, 09:23 AM
sic'em does exist, for those that think he isnt real

and if everybody would stop responding to these threads, he'd stop posting them

Viking Kitten
5/30/2007, 09:32 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa... who says we want him to stop posting threads? As far as I'm concerned, real or not, Sic'em provides some of the best entertainment value on this board. Seriously, if this guy does not go into standup comedy it will be the industry's loss.

TUSooner
5/30/2007, 09:40 AM
...Seriously, if this guy does not go into standup comedy it will be the industry's loss.
Rodney Dangerfield got famous by saying, "I don't get no respect."
Sic'em's shtick would be: "I tell ya; I'm just pathetic."

jk the sooner fan
5/30/2007, 10:05 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa... who says we want him to stop posting threads? As far as I'm concerned, real or not, Sic'em provides some of the best entertainment value on this board. Seriously, if this guy does not go into standup comedy it will be the industry's loss.

well there's your silver lining :)

proud gonzo
5/30/2007, 10:10 AM
seriously, i've been giggling as i read this thread. SicEm makes me feel good about my own non-pathetic life.

Viking Kitten
5/30/2007, 10:16 AM
Oh, I'm pathetic, I'll admit. It's just that most of the time I'm less pathetic than Sic'Em, and that makes me happy. SCHADENFREUDE!

proud gonzo
5/30/2007, 10:35 AM
Oh, I'm pathetic, I'll admit. It's just that most of the time I'm less pathetic than Sic'Em, and that makes me happy. SCHADENFREUDE!indeed

and i'd like to add my favorite Greek phrase: DEN PEIRAZEI (pronounced "then peh-RAH-zee", the "TH" is between a TH and a D sound and the P is between a P and a B sound). It means "It doesn't matter". (or also "meh" "whatever" or "**** it" :D )

BigRedJed
5/30/2007, 10:40 AM
Oh sure, visit Greece and then get all uppity on us. "Oooh, look at me... ...I know some Greek!" Well, guess what? I went to England one time. Sometime I'll break out some English on you and you'll be all jealous.

Beef
5/30/2007, 10:41 AM
Get a job with a moving company. There's nothing like the joy of going out drinking at 2 in the afternoon after a hard day of moving a strippers nasty furniture up a third floor apartment.

proud gonzo
5/30/2007, 10:45 AM
Oh sure, visit Greece and then get all uppity on us. "Oooh, look at me... ...I know some Greek!" Well, guess what? I went to England one time. Sometime I'll break out some English on you and you'll be all jealous.hey, don't get your panties all in a wad, Mr. Scooter Thug. I'm just trying to share the Greek love

Viking Kitten
5/30/2007, 10:46 AM
I think that's illegal in Oklahoma.

NormanPride
5/30/2007, 10:49 AM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1685/vhgrzenpa4g5wbmdjtkdc5ogt5.jpg

BigRedJed
5/30/2007, 10:49 AM
It never stopped SicEm.

royalfan5
5/30/2007, 10:50 AM
hey, don't get your panties all in a wad, Mr. Scooter Thug. I'm just trying to share the Greek love
I hope you are aware of the double meaning of the phrase Greek love.

Hamhock
5/30/2007, 10:54 AM
Check List for Sic's Summer of 2007

2. Drink single malt scotch _____

I'm considering becoming a scotch connosuire. I started out with j&b & soda, then moved to dewars and water. now i drink it on the rocks. i tried Oban, this weekend and it was terrific.

what's your favorite scotch?

TexasLidig8r
5/30/2007, 11:04 AM
I'm considering becoming a scotch connosuire. I started out with j&b & soda, then moved to dewars and water. now i drink it on the rocks. i tried Oban, this weekend and it was terrific.

what's your favorite scotch?

Oban and Dalwhinnie.. also, Dalmore makes a Cigar Single Malt scotch I have really enjoyed.

PhxSooner
5/30/2007, 11:24 AM
Well, this thread makes my upcoming summer of Polly Pocket and Star Wars actually sound a lot more fun...

Surely you could volunteer with Big Brothers/Sisters or something. Volunteer in a library. Do something that helps someone else.

RacerX
5/30/2007, 11:44 AM
Surely you could volunteer with Big Brothers/Sisters or something.
Um, no.

Why would you want him influencing anyone else?

proud gonzo
5/30/2007, 11:49 AM
I hope you are aware of the double meaning of the phrase Greek love.that was the JOKE! geez, tough crowd :rolleyes:

royalfan5
5/30/2007, 12:25 PM
that was the JOKE! geez, tough crowd :rolleyes:
the bar gets set exceedingly low in a Sic'em thread.