PDA

View Full Version : Some Quotes for Hillbilly Enlightenment

Rogue
5/28/2007, 07:20 PM
A compilation of some of my favorite quotes, excepting the many pages it would take to include a sampling of the genius that was Will Rogers.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

"I have found little that is "good" about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all. That is something that you cannot say aloud, or perhaps even think."
-Sigmund Freud :eek:

The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"
-Sigmund Freud

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
-Jean-Paul Sartre

I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind.
-Thomas Jefferson

The most successful war seldom pays for its losses.
-Thomas Jefferson

Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.
-Thomas Jefferson

Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it.
-Thomas Jefferson

I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.
-John F. Kennedy

Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.
-St. Francis of Assisi

Whenever men take the law into their own hands, the loser is the law. And when the law loses, freedom languishes.
-Robert Kennedy

Frankly, I don't mind not being President. I just mind that someone else is.
-Edward Kennedy

The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river.
-Ross Perot

Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right.
-Isaac Asimov

Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half.
-Gore Vidal

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
–Winston Churchill

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried.
–Winston Churchill

The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
–Teddy Roosevelt

No man is justified in doing evil on the ground of expediency.
–Teddy Roosevelt

If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."
-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“The one thing I wonder about is that those three guys in the review box. I know that all of them have prostate problems, because all three of them had to go to the bathroom at the same time and miss Vince Young putting his knee on the ground.”
–Barry Switzer :D

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it.
-Pope John Paul II

"Well I looked in my mom's closet and saw what I was getting for Christmas, an ultravibe pleasure 2000."
– Cartman :cool: