PDA

View Full Version : Patty Gasso's dirty little secret

stoopified
5/28/2007, 07:24 AM
Let me be the first to say the woman is WAY OVERRATED as a coach,just like Sherri....and Bob.Why can't Our coaches win?Because they SUCK,apparently.

At least that seemed to be the opinion after we blew yet another RRS and another bowl game during the football season.It carried over to basketball where Sherri was criticized because she too lost to a seemingly lesser team.Damn we only made it to a SECOND CONSECUTIVE SWEET 16.Now the top ranked softball team in the country loses to DEPAUL.Man Our coaches REALY stink.

How many people really believe that sh!t?The truth is that is why they play the game,to decide the winner.You can't win all the time no matter who your coach is.Bob Stoops,Sherri Coale,Patty Gasso are all oustanding coaches despite what some people would have you believe.The only fault they have is they can't win them all.

As a lifelong Sooner I supprt ALL my Sooners win or lose.

Okieflyer
5/28/2007, 08:19 AM
Man you had me scared there a minute. I thought you had become an idiot too! ;)

colleyvillesooner
5/28/2007, 10:18 AM
I remember the Sherri talk, but I don't remember much "Stoops is overrated" talk. I mean we did lose the Fiesta Bowl, but we won the Big 12.

SOONER STEAKER
5/28/2007, 11:13 AM
Sometimes I blame the media for making all us think that all's the team has to do is just show up and we win. Every TV station and radio personality had this team already in the World Series. The problem was that nobody told the DePaul team. All of our softball players were programmed to say that going to UMASS was just a business trp, what happened to that approach when we were playing DePaul. That business mentality asn't there, someone forgot to tell our players that when you are in a playoff game, strange things happen, put your pants on one leg at a time and expect that underranked team to play like they never have before.

Business like attitude? Boise State had it, Ole Miss had it and now DePaul had it. I hope our teams and coaching staff have learned the lesson, don't take anyone lightly as OU will always have a target on our back!!

hurricane'bone
5/28/2007, 03:59 PM
Apparently, using the space bar after punctuation is also overrated.

Big Red Ron
5/28/2007, 07:22 PM
We were there. You win some, you lose some. We'll win more than we'll lose.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/29/2007, 09:25 AM
Addix was a hell of a pitcher. Don't know anything about DePaul, but she won 2 of their games. I team that has severely limited scores against in the tournament, DePaul seems to be on a roll, sometimes you can't overcome that with talent.

usmc-sooner
5/29/2007, 11:05 AM
getting all worked up over women's softball is about like getting all worked up over women's softball

Petro-Sooner
5/29/2007, 03:06 PM
How many people really believe that sh!t?The truth is that is why they play the game,to decide the winner.You can't win all the time no matter who your coach is.Bob Stoops,Sherri Coale,Patty Gasso are all oustanding coaches despite what some people would have you believe.The only fault they have is they can't win them all.

Even Chuck Long? Cause everyone knows hes one of the greatest coaches of all time. :rolleyes: :D The OKC media will even back me up.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/29/2007, 03:38 PM
We are blessed at the moment with amazing coaches. They all represent the University with incredible integrity and even in loss show the class that people from our state should expect from leaders of 18 to 23 year olds that are just starting life. Sometimes we forget these guys and gals are attempting to help mold future leaders and productive members of society. You talk to any number of athletes right now and they will tell you how much they appreciate the effort the coaching staffs put into their future. Only one team every year in every sport is the best, and if you really think about it, we have a Top Ten Football, Women's Basketball, Men's Basketball(unitl recently, which i seeing Capel rectifying in less than 5 years), softball, and gymnastic programs, lots of schools wish they had "our" coaches.

OSUAggie
5/29/2007, 03:53 PM
You don't have a top-10 basketball program. And that reality is not a new one.

critical_phil
5/29/2007, 04:20 PM
oh goody goody gumdrops. tell us about the 40's, aggie.

OSUAggie
5/29/2007, 04:22 PM
oh goody goody gumdrops. tell us about the 40's, aggie.

I didn't say OSU had a top-10 program. I just said that you didn't.

stoopified
5/30/2007, 08:31 AM
I didn't say OSU had a top-10 program. I just said that you didn't.
Top 25 is more like it to be sure as under Tubbs-Sampson era we were ranked far more often than not.Capel I think can and will get us back there.

That asise the point is valid that we have great coaches and great programs.Sooner Fans are somtimes very spoiled as evidenced by the WE DIDN'T WIN THE NC SO THE SEASON SUCKED mentality.Confrence championships,regional titles,bowl games,TOP 10 finishes, all are often ignored because we weren't #1.That IS a shame.

I must confess however that I am just as guilty as anyone INTIALLY at least at being disappointed when we fail to meet expectations but like most of us I realize you can't win 'em all.That said IF we don't win the NC next year Stoops oughta be fired. :)

Collier11
5/30/2007, 11:02 AM
People that think like this are d*ckwads! How long did it take Boeheim, Roy Williams, Bill Cowher, etc... to win it big. We have great and consistent coaches at OU and that is all you can ask for is that at the end of the year, we have a shot! More often than not, we do!

jrsooner
5/30/2007, 04:42 PM
I think, with the tradition that we have at our university and its softball program, that is what we play for. If we are not talking about it, and if it's not something we are striving for, then we are not who we say we are. At the University of Oklahoma, we play for championships.I think this says it all. We have played for championships, we will continue to play for championships. We might not win them all, but at least we get in the arena to play for championships. We might not always bring it home, but Coach Gasso has kept us in the hunt, unlike other Big 12 schools that are always on the outside looking in.

I still need to watch the last two games - DVR'ed them. Had continuous company. We were still playing for the championship, we just didn't make the final 8 because of the loss to DePaul, who from what I've heard had a pitcher that was definately on a hot streak.

All I can say is "Ladies, thanks for a great season and here's to next year!" and to Coach Gasso - "Thanks for a great 13 years and I hope many more to come!"

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/3/2007, 01:01 PM
Sometimes I blame the media for making all us think that all's the team has to do is just show up and we win. Every TV station and radio personality had this team already in the World Series. The problem was that nobody told the DePaul team. All of our softball players were programmed to say that going to UMASS was just a business trp, what happened to that approach when we were playing DePaul. That business mentality asn't there, someone forgot to tell our players that when you are in a playoff game, strange things happen, put your pants on one leg at a time and expect that underranked team to play like they never have before.

Business like attitude? Boise State had it, Ole Miss had it and now DePaul had it. I hope our teams and coaching staff have learned the lesson, don't take anyone lightly as OU will always have a target on our back!!Very well said. The OU softball team looked entirely too relaxed against DePaul. Reminded me of the football team vs. Boise State.