PDA

View Full Version : Both of my MLB teams are the succ this year

AllAboutThe'O'
5/28/2007, 02:29 AM
Rangers have the worst record in the AL and have been swept at home by the Red Sox for the first time in over 30 years.

Reds have the worst record in all of baseball and have now lost six straight. At home. To the Nationals and the Pirates, of all teams.

Is it football season yet?

MiccoMacey
5/29/2007, 07:16 AM
I think it was nice of Cincinnati to go ahead and fall out of contention for the playoffs this early so I don't have to go through summer and fall thinking about possibilities of October ball for the Reds.

But, oh how I wish we could be a dominant team again. :sad:

GrapevineSooner
5/29/2007, 09:56 AM
Thank God for the Red Sox. ;)

I just hope they don't pull a Mavericks in October.

MiccoMacey
5/29/2007, 10:03 AM
Why...what did the Mavericks do in October? ;)

Collier11
5/30/2007, 10:46 AM
Dont feel bad guys, atleast your team isnt the defending WS Champs, cant beat the rockies or nats, and have 5 ex-relief pitchers in the starting rotation. way to spend that Championship money Walt. (&**(#*#@(*#*###_))@!!!!

Beef
5/30/2007, 11:03 AM
I'm a Rangers fan and my NL team is the Cardinals. My baseball season is full of suck this year.

Collier11
5/30/2007, 11:06 AM
I'm a Rangers fan and my NL team is the Cardinals. My baseball season is full of suck this year.

Well, im just a Cardinals fan so...atleast I do have the NL central going for me, as bad as we are right now we are only 7.5 games out. Of course Yadi Molina just went out with a fractured wrist so we are down to 5 scrub pitchers and a scrub triple A catcher who was hitting 176. in AAA

TopDawg
5/30/2007, 12:13 PM
Just curious...how did y'all become Reds fans?

That's as uncommon as, RIP, Sooner04's Padre loyalty.

Collier11
5/30/2007, 12:20 PM
IM not a reds fan but im guessing probably from the late 80's/early 90's or the times of the BIg Red Machine

GrapevineSooner
5/30/2007, 12:28 PM
Probably the same reason a lot of Oklahomans became Yankee fans in the 50's. ;)

TopDawg
5/30/2007, 01:48 PM
Probably the same reason a lot of Oklahomans became Yankee fans in the 50's. ;)

Can't believe I forgot about Bench playing there. Good call.

And then, Like Collier11 pointed out...Eric Davis probably brought in a few. ;)

For those of y'all ages 25-35, remember those Topps folders (for your Trapper Keeper) that were enlarged baseball cards? For some reason every time I think of Eric Davis, I think of those.

MiccoMacey
5/30/2007, 02:06 PM
I started watching baseball as a kid around the time of the Big Red Machine.

TopDawg
5/30/2007, 03:51 PM
I started watching baseball as a kid around the time of the Big Red Machine.

When I started watching baseball, my two favorite teams were the Yankees and the Cubs. I inherited both from my dad, and while the Yankees occupied the #1 spot in my heart, the Cubs were the team I was "closest" to because of WGN. I could (and still can) name more players from the Cubs teams of the 80's than the Yankees.

I loved spending summer days watching Cubs games and then going to play catch with my dad or playing some 1-on-1 wiffle ball in the yard. And I even devised my own wiffle ball game where I could play against myself (Cubs v. Yankees of course). That's how I learned to hit left-handed.

Collier11
5/30/2007, 04:18 PM
(TEAR)

Okieflyer
5/30/2007, 04:57 PM
How do you think I feel? :(

Johnny has to be rolling over in his...his...I'm mean on his couch.:O

AllAboutThe'O'
6/2/2007, 12:41 AM
Just curious...how did y'all become Reds fans?

That's as uncommon as, RIP, Sooner04's Padre loyalty.
I really didn't have a true National League team; Rangers have been my fave since 1983. Went to Cincinnati four years ago and liked the new Reds' ballpark and the area, so I decided to adopt the Reds as my NL team. Plus, they're like the Rangers in some aspects - they're capable of scoring runs in bunches but they're also prone to giving up equal said number of runs in bunches.

Collier11
6/13/2007, 11:31 AM
This is my reality, my Cards play in a weak division therefore if they could just add another starter and stay afloat til Mulder and Carpenter get back, they could make another run at the playoffs and WS, but we also need to get younger and I dont want to give up any young talent. Especially considering that we are just starting to get our minor league teams re-stocked with talent after a 4-5 year absence. DAMNIT!!! Maybe we can pull of another Chuck finley or woody williams type deal where we give up very little and get rewarded greatly. Go Cards