PDA

View Full Version : Well, this is going to be weird

OUstudent4life
5/27/2007, 02:14 PM
I now (well, as of 11:30 yesterday morning) have to refer to my wife as Dr. She and 140 of her classmates received their MD's yesterday at an awesome graduation ceremony.

Bagpipes leading in the faculty and student in the Civic Center = teh win.

Of course, she's also pretty broken up since a bunch of her friends are moving on to their residencies in new cities...but it's all balanced out by the fact that she'll get paid to work 70 hours a week, as opposed to paying (through student loans) for that opportunity.

BTW, one reason your medical bills may be steep? Her class alone (141 graduates) = $24 million in debt. About $170,000 per student. Gah.

BajaOklahoma
5/27/2007, 03:07 PM
Congrats to Dr. OUstudent4life.
Be nice to her 'cause her life is about to become a living hell for the next few years. And she needs to be nice to the nurses - they can make her life so much easier.

Tailwind
5/27/2007, 03:10 PM
Crangrats to the Dr and Mr 4life.

MamaMia
5/27/2007, 03:23 PM
Whats also really wierd, is that I thought I posted in this thread, like a month or so ago. I have the gift; thats all there is to it. :eek:

Congratulations to your wife. You could make this into a fun bedroom game you know. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
5/27/2007, 09:45 PM
Mr. & Dr. 4life

Congrats to the wifey.

Okla-homey
5/28/2007, 06:15 AM
Watch out. Statistically, a few years after she completes her residency and after you have slaved to make a home for her and raise the children, she's likely to throw you over for a hawt "trophy husband.";)

OUstudent4life
5/28/2007, 10:08 AM
She's been pretty good about not lording it over me TOO much :D.

How the conversation typically goes ;):

I defend my dissertation June 29th, so I keep telling her this "Mr. and Dr." thing is temporary...soon it will be "The Drs."

She quickly responds that mine isn't real.

I remind her that in two years, I get the MD, too, so there.

She reminds me that she started med school two years after me, and finished two before me. (Her classmates/friends also like pointing this out to me).

I cuss them all out.

They remind me they'll be my interns/residents when I'm back in med school.

I get them a drink. :D

LoyalFan
5/28/2007, 04:02 PM
Just remember..."Turn your head and cough." is NOT foreplay. OK?

LF

TUSooner
5/28/2007, 04:17 PM
Mazeltov!
(I just like the sound of that word.)
Congratulations and best wishes to all.

RADsooner
5/29/2007, 12:25 AM
also tell her to remember that "stat" does not mean i forgot to order this yesterday can you do it now.

Frozen Sooner
5/29/2007, 01:28 AM
She's been pretty good about not lording it over me TOO much :D.

How the conversation typically goes ;):

I defend my dissertation June 29th, so I keep telling her this "Mr. and Dr." thing is temporary...soon it will be "The Drs."

She quickly responds that mine isn't real.

I remind her that in two years, I get the MD, too, so there.

She reminds me that she started med school two years after me, and finished two before me. (Her classmates/friends also like pointing this out to me).

I cuss them all out.

They remind me they'll be my interns/residents when I'm back in med school.

I get them a drink. :D

Correct her with a stick no wider than your thumb and no longer than your arm.