PDA

View Full Version : Good Thoughts Request

SleestakSooner
5/27/2007, 01:28 AM
My younger brother is a trucker and lives up in Indiana these days. Last night he had his first wreck and flipped his trailer under a full load taking a clover leaf ramp a tad too quickly. The load shifted and his tractor was dragged over a small retaining wall and down an incline. His driver's side window was open and when the cab hit the ground his left hand was pulled off the steering wheel and out onto the ground. He is alive and well except for missing more than half of his left pinky finger and having his arm scraped up badly.

He went into the turn too fast due to another trucker not yeilding to him and he had to speed up to get beyond that truck to make the turn w/o hitting the *******. I told him next time let the jerk hit him and get the ticket! :mad:

I am so damned glad that he is OK but can't imagine that he lost a digit and still was cool as a cucumber when he was on the phone telling me about it this morning. Makes me wonder if he wasn't still in shock.

olevetonahill
5/27/2007, 01:50 AM
In Bro
May God keep him safe .

Tailwind
5/27/2007, 02:14 AM
Glad he just lost a finger....he could have lost much more. He must have an angel on his shoulder. Most positive thought for you.

OUHOMER
5/27/2007, 05:44 AM
very lucky indeed. He just gained some more valuable experience.

Flagstaffsooner
5/27/2007, 05:44 AM
Prayers from the Mountain. Pinky finger only matters if you are a 'Society Aggie', thats the proper booger picking and eating finger. All jokes aside, I lost part of my right thumb in an accident so I know the pain.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/27/2007, 08:26 AM
prayers for the trucker bro

StoopTroup
5/27/2007, 10:50 AM
WOW Sleestak ! ...

Sorry to hear that...

Prayers for a speedy recovery sent his way...

OCUDad
5/27/2007, 11:15 AM
In. All best wishes his way (and yours).

usmc-sooner
5/27/2007, 11:28 AM
damn that's pretty gruesome

good thoughts from me

SleestakSooner
5/27/2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys, I just talked to my brother again and the doc told him he has a hair-line fracture and he didn't need that booger pickin finger anyhow. I guess he is gonna be alright now as long as the insurance companies don't screw him over. He was only $5k away from having that damned truck paid in full! :(

MamaMia
5/27/2007, 01:04 PM
I said a prayer of thanks that he made it out alive and that no one else was hurt, and also for a speedy recovery. :)

King Crimson
5/27/2007, 01:08 PM
good luck to bro. "booger pickin finger", got to love a Doc with either a sense of humor or very literal minded. i think.