PDA

View Full Version : Anybody need a million dollars?

CUinNC
5/25/2007, 12:09 PM
Plus, if you find her, I bet you get a big smooch...;)

http://www.foxnews.com/images/286321/0_61_jennifer_kess.jpg

A $1 million reward is being offered until July 4 for the Kesse's safe return. Information about her case, family testimonials and still photos of the surveillance video, can be found at http://www.jenniferkesse.com.

Police have released surveillance tape they hope will provide clues to the whereabouts of Jennifer Kesse, 24, who has been missing from the Orlando, Fla., area since January 2006.

The grainy video shows someone dropping off Kesse's car in a parking lot at a condo complex about a mile from where she disappeared. That same person was also caught on surveillance camera walking away from the complex.

Until now, police called this individual a "person of interest," but now he's a suspect.

"In this particular case, we wanted to hold this piece of evidence in the fact that if somebody thought they were only a person of interest, they would be more apt to come forward," Sgt. Barbara Jones of the Orlando Police Department told FOX News last week when asked why officials waited 16 months to release the video.

Kesse is about 5 feet, 8 inches tall with shoulder-length, sandy blonde hair. She has green eyes and weighs about 125 pounds. She has a shamrock tattoo on the small of her back.

The family is holding onto hope that Kesse will be found. They told FOX News that leads are still coming in every day.

"Just last week, there were seven leads on that phone alone that came to us. So the community is very aware, and actually, the United States is very aware. And the calls come in, they just have not been the proper call," Kesse's father Drew told FOX News' Greta VanSusteren.

Click here to read the transcript of Greta's interview with the Kesses

"She was stolen from her family and friends," added her mother, Joyce.

"We're honestly hoping that, again, someone's heart gets, you know, touched and makes the call or someone says, 'well, you lied to me, you need to step up to the plate here,'" Drew Kesse told FOX News.

The suspect in the video is about 5 feet 3 inches to 5 feet 5 inches tall and was captured walking away by another security camera about noon Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2006.

Jones explained why the police department waited to release the tape.

"Since we haven't gotten any leads, right now, we think, 'well, maybe if we release the images, where we name the person as a person of interest simply walking by, that it's quite possible that maybe somebody said something like, 'Hey, that looks like that could have been you,' and the person might have said, 'Well, that's not me, and if it was, I was just walking by', where we think that if that maybe did take place, that now that we're identifying this person as an actual suspect in her disappearance, that maybe a conscience would bring forward some additional information and allow it to move the case forward and find closure for the Kesses," Jones said.

"We're absolutely positive someone has information we need to bring that young lady home," Chief Mike McCoy told reporters at Orlando Police Headquarters, "America's Most Wanted" reported. "The value of that video is to generate some leads — rock someone's heart and rock someone's mind."

At the time the 24-year-old Kesse went missing, the financial analyst from Orlando had just bought a new condo, got a promotion at work, and had just returned from a vacation in the Caribbean with her boyfriend, Robert Allen. Her last phone call was to Allen at 9:56 p.m. Monday, Jan. 23.

But on Tuesday, Jan. 24, Kesse never made it to her job at Westgate Resorts, where she manages the financial department which oversees timeshares.

Family and friends searched the area around her home and a nearby mall. Her car, a 2004 black four-door Chevrolet Malibu, was found abandoned about one mile from her home at Texas & Americana.

Anyone with any information is encouraged to call the Orlando Police Department at (321) 235-5300 or the Kesse family tip line at (407) 722-2162.

StoopTroup
5/25/2007, 12:13 PM
Very sad.

I hope they find her and she's OK.

sooner_born_1960
5/25/2007, 12:36 PM
The boyfriend did it.

yermom
5/25/2007, 12:40 PM
Plus, if you find her, I bet you get a big smooch...;)

or at least a Kesse

MamaMia
5/25/2007, 12:51 PM
Its been so long ago since she disappeared. I hate to say it but I seriously doubt that shes alive. :(

yermom
5/25/2007, 12:55 PM
wow, i didn't notice January 2006

i'd imagine that is probably true, unless she wanted to be gone...

CUinNC
5/25/2007, 12:55 PM
I would always hope for the best, but you may be right, time is the factor...

However, I know if it was one of my family, I would try anything..

sell the house, cars, borrow, whatever to either bring them back safely, or on the flip-side, bring in the person/s responsible, so I could practice the death penalty...

yermom
5/25/2007, 12:58 PM
yeah, i'm sure they want closure either way :(

C&CDean
5/25/2007, 01:09 PM
Yet more evidence of why you shouldn't get a tramp stamp.

MamaMia
5/25/2007, 01:48 PM
Yet more evidence of why you shouldn't get a tramp stamp.
Or if you just have to have one, make it a 4 leaf clover instead of a plain ole shamrock.