PDA

View Full Version : Heh...I'm on the phone with Southwest customer relations right now.

SoonerStormchaser
5/25/2007, 06:59 AM
They're apologizing profusely for all my delays and how badly they treated my wife and stepdaughter on their Vegas trip. And they're offering a r/t ticket for all three of us.

Wow...just wow.

I'm gonna give em a bit more time though...

Hatfield
5/25/2007, 07:40 AM
i was thinking....wow...he is literally complaining prior to the delay (which he knows is inevitable.) :)

crawfish
5/25/2007, 08:01 AM
My dad got in a month-long e-mail battle with Herb Kelleher many years ago. Seems he and some of his employees had been treated badly during a trip on SouthWest by the airplane staff. Ol' Herb defended his people to the end, not even really caring if what they did was true or not. My dad said he had to admire the guy for sticking up for the little guys in his company. However, nobody in his office flew Southwest again (at least until he retired). :D

p.s. I'm really not trying to make a living contradicting your posts. ;)

sanantoniosooner
5/25/2007, 08:09 AM
p.s. I'm really not trying to make a living contradicting your posts. ;)
In an alternate universe you tell the truth.

VeeJay
5/25/2007, 09:16 AM
I be flying Southwest today yo.

What can I do to get some free stuff?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/25/2007, 09:19 AM
I never - ever fly Southwest. I prefer my amenities that come with High level elite tier flying...

C&CDean
5/25/2007, 09:28 AM
I never - ever fly Southwest. I prefer my amenities that come with High level elite tier flying...

Yeah, me too. Only I'm not all braggy and condescending towards others...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/25/2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah, me too. Only I'm not all braggy and condescending towards others...

I didn't mean to be that way, though after re-reading it doesn't read that well. Sorry. I just meant that I would rather have a full-service airline. Lord knows the day that I stop traveling and don't make the elite miles, then I'm back in the coach section...

StoopTroup
5/25/2007, 09:33 AM
The Beverly Hillbillies fly SW.

No self respecting hillbilly would get caught on a legacy carrier...;)

JohnnyMack
5/25/2007, 09:33 AM

I'm Platinum on AA and can tell you that the level of service one receieves from AA versus SW isn't much different.

Now if you're talking about Continental, then yeah, they prolly treat you better.

C&CDean
5/25/2007, 09:34 AM
Every once in a while I change flights at the last minute and end up in coach. It's always good to remind yourself how much it sucks sitting back there with the common folk.

C&CDean
5/25/2007, 09:35 AM
I'm Platinum on AA and can tell you that the level of service one receieves from AA versus SW isn't much different.

Now if you're talking about Continental, then yeah, they prolly treat you better.

You've gotta be Executive Platinum before you really get any kind of decent treatment with AA.

JohnnyMack
5/25/2007, 09:36 AM
You've gotta be Executive Platinum before you really get any kind of decent treatment with AA.

I know. All I get for having my platinum card is the honor of buying my upgrade a little bit earlier. Yippee.

TopDawg
5/25/2007, 09:39 AM
I remember when I used to fly commercial. Life with a private jet is so much better. Maybe I'll bring it to a tailgate sometime and you all can get your picture taken with it.

...Just please don't touch it.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/25/2007, 09:39 AM
I am Platinum Elite on Continental.

C&CDean
5/25/2007, 09:50 AM
I remember when I used to fly commercial. Life with a private jet is so much better. Maybe I'll bring it to a tailgate sometime and you all can get your picture taken with it.

...Just please don't touch it.

People are gonna pee all over your wall/carpet all around the turlet just like they do in my RV.

Mjcpr
5/25/2007, 09:51 AM
People are gonna pee all over your wall/carpet all around the turlet just like they do in my RV.

That's when I'd be closing the door to the RV.

TopDawg
5/25/2007, 09:56 AM

Are you suggesting I should bring my third-nicest private jet?

C&CDean
5/25/2007, 10:10 AM
Are you suggesting I should bring my third-nicest private jet?

Yes. You know, the one with the dirty ashtrays?

TopDawg
5/25/2007, 10:14 AM
I'm so embarrassed.

SoonerStormchaser
5/25/2007, 08:37 PM
I was Gold Medallion on Delta last year...and am Silver Medallion this year...so I'm not totally dedicated to the LCC's.

soonerboomer93
5/25/2007, 08:48 PM
I'm only elite on United. I don't fly often, but they're long when I do.

Sooner24
5/25/2007, 08:59 PM
I was aluminum foil on TWA before they folded.

SoonerInFla
5/26/2007, 01:52 AM
They're apologizing profusely for all my delays and how badly they treated my wife and stepdaughter on their Vegas trip. And they're offering a r/t ticket for all three of us.

Wow...just wow.

I'm gonna give em a bit more time though...

Tell them that is a good starting offer but you will also require food and drink vouchers.

SoonerStormchaser
5/26/2007, 09:56 AM
I wish I could do that...my wife wants them to also pay the $340 first night's hotel bill at Paris-Las Vegas that I spent all alone while they were stranded in Phoenix. I told her that if she wants them to do that, she needs to write them herself (cause I don't think they'd agree to that).

Of course, the moment they got a letter with "Fiore" on the return address, they'd probably think "Oh crap, not again."

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/26/2007, 12:22 PM
I would much rather fly Southwest than Continental any day.

StoopTroup
5/26/2007, 02:22 PM
Dear Sir...

We are sorry how badly we treated you and your family during your last flight on SW. Please accept these R/T vouchers as our way of showing you just how badly we can treat you for free.

Sincerely,

SWA Customer Relations

SoonerStormchaser
5/26/2007, 10:49 PM
BINGO!

The thing is, I'm still sticking to ExpressJet for awhile. I'll fly Southwest only if I have to.

But hey, at least we get a bit of a re-do on the Vegas trip for free.

JohnnyMack
5/27/2007, 09:03 AM
In case anyone cares yesterday was:

TUL - LAS: Arrived 10 minutes early

LAS - RNO: Arrived 10 minutes early

Thanks SWA!

SoonerStormchaser
5/27/2007, 08:49 PM
That's cause I was nowhere near those flights...you're welcome!

1stTimeCaller
5/27/2007, 10:47 PM
Whatever happened to the idea that '**** happens'. I didn't read your letter if you posted it here but if they had mechanical problems or other unforseen problems I don't know why anyone would throw a fit over them. **** happens people, deal with it. Why they should be responsible for a hotel room that you occupied is beyond me.

Did they make you ride in the baggage compartment? On the wing? Just be happy that when they landed you weren't sitting next to a gas pump at the local Texaco in Las Vegas.

JohnnyMack
5/27/2007, 11:47 PM
Whatever happened to the idea that '**** happens'. I didn't read your letter if you posted it here but if they had mechanical problems or other unforseen problems I don't know why anyone would throw a fit over them. **** happens people, deal with it. Why they should be responsible for a hotel room that you occupied is beyond me.

Did they make you ride in the baggage compartment? On the wing? Just be happy that when they landed you weren't sitting next to a gas pump at the local Texaco in Las Vegas.

Suck it Clarence.

Yeah, I'm talkin' to you.

What the eff you gonna do 'bout it?

:pop:

olevetonahill
5/28/2007, 12:24 AM
340 Bucks for a room ?
You best be showing some pics of the Hooker that came with it .

1stTimeCaller
5/28/2007, 07:36 AM
Suck it Clarence.

Yeah, I'm talkin' to you.

What the eff you gonna do 'bout it?

:pop:

Well, I think I'll go to the bathroom and make a deposit. Then I might take a nap. The day is young.

JohnnyMack
5/28/2007, 09:09 AM
Well, I think I'll go to the bathroom and make a deposit. Then I might take a nap. The day is young.

So we're on vacation over in Tahoe for the weekend and the boy hasn't quite adjusted to Pacific time. Nothing says "vacation" like getting up at 5 in the morning.

1stTimeCaller
5/28/2007, 09:28 AM
His dad is probably happy that you took the kid on vacation with you.

SoonerStormchaser
5/28/2007, 10:45 AM
1TC...he's a she. And I do understand that **** happens...but when you compound **** happening to me in the form of mechanical delays all the freaking time (the guy I talked to said that he tracked my flights since last October and 87% of them were delayed due to mechanicals), that's not just **** happening...IT'S NORM'S FAULT! And **** happening doesn't explain my wife and stepdaughter being treated like **** by the CSA's both here in OKC and in Phoenix (with me on the phone listening in).

I'm usually easygoing about **** happening...but when **** happens that could've been prevented and my wife gets hosed because of that **** happening...then **** hits the fan.

SoonerStormchaser
5/28/2007, 10:46 AM
340 Bucks for a room ?
You best be showing some pics of the Hooker that came with it .

Yah, I picked a convention weekend to take them out there...so all the hookers were already booked. Sorry vet.